Ravens Game Predictions

My inner Homer prediction. Bengals win 34 - 17. 

Dalton 25 of 35 2tds. 

Mixon 130 2tds

My inner devil prediction. 

Bengals 14

Ravens 38

Dalton butt ganged by the Ravens. 6 of 19 3ints 5sacks

Mixon 8 carries

Driskel comes in after 3 quarters and leads them on 2 td drives. The announcers ask if that is a bigger faster Steve Young.

24-21...good guys.

I just feel that the different energy we've had this entire season will continue to lead us down an unpredictable path. I think we end up being effectively coached by Marvin and Hue. I think we get healthier, make the playoffs, and actually win a game.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Call me crazy but I think we win this game but that it will be low scoring. 

Bengals 17, 

Ravens 14

If  this happens I will retract every thought I ever had about Marvin's supposed defensive genius  being a product of superior players and not his own talent.

I think Marvin is an incompetent bumbling asshole and Hue is his dingleberry.

Ravens win as rookie quarterback runs wild around the edges and Marvin doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

We quit running Mixon, try running Gio up the middle and force balls to Ericson and Core.  Ross reinjures his groin

in warmups.  Andy sacked three times, pressured numerous others from the right side of the O line.

We lose.  WE simply do not have the quality players to put on the field.

2 hours ago, gupps said:

If  this happens I will retract every thought I ever had about Marvin's supposed defensive genius  being a product of superior players and not his own talent.

Well, we have both those things right now too, just not at linebacker. We don't have a generational murderer like Rey Lewis, but we do have a handful of very good to great players on defense.

I can tell you this, if we don't go back to press man coverage in this next game and play that soft, receiver cushion shit I am going to be pissed! And we have safety to do it, too!

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Ravens win as rookie quarterback runs wild around the edges and Marvin doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

We quit running Mixon, try running Gio up the middle and force balls to Ericson and Core.  Ross reinjures his groin

in warmups.  Andy sacked three times, pressured numerous others from the right side of the O line.

Boo. I think we play more inspired on defense and with an element of desperation (which the Ravens will share) that will make this game a little crazy and more interesting than it would be otherwise.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

lol

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. Is that a line from Tombstone?

Back on topic, this game comes down to which team is the biggest mess right now. It might be even,  but we've had their number for a while and Harbaugh seems to be the only coach that Marvin outcoaches somehow. I'll give the bengals the push. 24-20. That may be the same score as the count of Harbaugh's incredulous looks vs Marvin's clapping spells. It depends. Hue might be at Marvin's side the entire game and take over some of the clapping duties.

wow - a lot of pessimism around here..........which I get, believe me.

I loved the being 4-2 but everyone could see our defense was non existent and we had to win with last second heroics. Not a recipe for sustaining success.

I think this game will most likely answer the million dollar question as to whether this team has it or not. I honestly have no clue how the defense is going to respond to the recent mix up. Does Marvin still have his D-coord chops? Do these guys even listen to him anymore? Beyond all that, are the injuries just too much to overcome?

That doesn't even address our famous disappearing offense.

I guess I'm like Bob in that the homer in me always holds out hope.....until I get kicked in the nuts again.

So - I'm thinking this defense finds some spirit today, the offense feeds off of that and we pull out a much needed win (covers nuts) 😖

Seriously,  

A couple of things have sunk the Bengals.

1) They simply don't have the horses.  I don't care how much Marv loved Hardy Nickerson Sr, Jr ain't him.  He can't match up with the big boys and we start him rather than seeking other options like trading before the deadline.  And he isn't getting any better. (still want to know how bad 3rd rounder Malick Jefferson must be if they don't trust him enough to put him on the field)  Ditto Redmon.  He sure as heck ain't getting any better.  Shaun Williams is terrible yet they still play him.  Third and Dre Kirkpatrick is picked on every game. Now they are bringing people back from IR to stick back there.  Etc.

2) Out coached.  Play of the year was call a time out, line up for 4th and one, and some fool jumps.  Every team in the league is now on to get to the edge and turn it upfield.  Good for 8 yards at least every time on runs and screens.  Poor tackling... how many times to we see a Bengal in the backfield in position for a tackle for loss and the guy end up gaining a dozen yards.  Watch the replay to see who whiffed and there's Shaun Williams on his face.

3) And the big one of Marvin has flat out quit.  It has been obvious for weeks but when he hires his own replacement... day-am.  Is that a first in football?  Marv brings in Hue to give him the clap?  No leadership.  No player accountability.  No respect.  And most of all, no heart.  Nobody cares.  Lose by three or blowout, there's always beer on ice and a deli tray in the locker room after the game.

For this game in particular, the Bengals have NEVER been any good against rookie or new untried quarterbacks.  They can't stop the run.  This game they are getting a highly touted rookie who can run.  

Nope.  I can't get no satisfaction, clap clap clap.

Archived