Lost Decade

I resigned myself long ago that watching the Bengals was enjoying sport as a comedy instead of as a drama.

Mike and Katie will tell you time and time again, they want to put a "competitive" team on the field every year. We're a backwater team with a poor reputation and we consistently roll over cap for next year, and use the TV revenues to keep the guys we drafted selling the most jerseys in the pro shop. It's not complicated.

And just to spice things up, we're quick to pick up malcontents as an easy and cheap way to have "talent". Not because Mike Brown wants to redeem anyone, but from the sheer mercenary cynical math that says he can get PacMan's $15M a year in talent for $11M cash and $6M worth of trouble. Because Burfict would find it hard to go to another team that would put up with his bullcrap.

We keep Marvin because the idea of turning the reigns back over to Mike and Katie is just too scary. We are literally looking at an ascendancy plan for the NFL's second most losingest coach to replace captain mediocre. Which is great because... The scouting and front office runs so much better here? The Dwarf King and the Holdout Princess are going to do great with input from the man who traded for Carson Palmer?

It's a comedy, not a drama. Spoiler alert... Next decade will be the lost decade too. Clap, clap, clap.

19 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I resigned myself long ago that watching the Bengals was enjoying sport as a comedy instead of as a drama.

Mike and Katie will tell you time and time again, they want to put a "competitive" team on the field every year. We're a backwater team with a poor reputation and we consistently roll over cap for next year, and use the TV revenues to keep the guys we drafted selling the most jerseys in the pro shop. It's not complicated.

And just to spice things up, we're quick to pick up malcontents as an easy and cheap way to have "talent". Not because Mike Brown wants to redeem anyone, but from the sheer mercenary cynical math that says he can get PacMan's $15M a year in talent for $11M cash and $6M worth of trouble. Because Burfict would find it hard to go to another team that would put up with his bullcrap.

We keep Marvin because the idea of turning the reigns back over to Mike and Katie is just too scary. We are literally looking at an ascendancy plan for the NFL's second most losingest coach to replace captain mediocre. Which is great because... The scouting and front office runs so much better here? The Dwarf King and the Holdout Princess are going to do great with input from the man who traded for Carson Palmer?

It's a comedy, not a drama. Spoiler alert... Next decade will be the lost decade too. Clap, clap, clap.

I don't expect any of this to change with MB at the helm.  I'm not sure it would change even if he did step down but I'm entirely convinced it won't until he does.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Of course he wants to win. It's just stupid to think otherwise. 

Get a load of this photo of Clappy at the postgame presser

cr70twkghs5ce0490v5h.jpg

Granted I don't know the context of what he'd been asked, but that is not the look I want to see on the face of a HC who probably just watched yet another season flushed away. Can't he at least pretend  to be bothered by it?  Do your chuckling once the cameras are turned off, ya smug prick.  I can excuse losing a close game to a division rival on the road, but I don't know if I can stand 6 more weeks of him & Hue pulling each other's dicks before Hue goes back to sucking his own..  How can I take this team seriously if the head coach doesn't?

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Get a load of this photo of Clappy at the postgame presser

cr70twkghs5ce0490v5h.jpg

Granted I don't know the context of what he'd been asked, but that is not the look I want to see on the face of a HC who probably just watched yet another season flushed away. Can't he at least pretend  to be bothered by it?  Do your chuckling once the cameras are turned off, ya smug prick.  I can excuse losing a close game to a division rival on the road, but I don't know if I can stand 6 more weeks of him & Hue pulling each other's dicks before Hue goes back to sucking his own..  How can I take this team seriously if the head coach doesn't?

He is probably sitting there thinking...."can you believe Mike Brown is paying me $6 million a year for this shit?"

4 hours ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Of course he wants to win. It's just stupid to think otherwise. 

Mike Brown would like to win, but it's not as important and continuity and making money.  The Bengals are the Brown family's only source of income.  Winning would be fun, but not at a few extra millions out of their pockets every year.

Archived