The Good, Bad and Ugly: Ratbirds ver 2.0

Good:  Uhhh, Ross TD catch?  Held Ravens to under 500 yards. 

Bad:  Nobody stepped up. 

Ugly: Gave up 260 yards on the ground. Core’s hands of stone. 

When watching Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill play, their speed is so apparent. Is it just me or does Ross look average out there?  I know he has been hampered but he does not look 4.22 seconds fast out there. 

The fact it took until nearly 11pm to start this thread, and that no one has responded shows the sense of apathy that has set in.  The Bengals blow and that isn't going to change any time soon. 

I'm glad they are rarely on TV in my area.  It would have been a shame to waste a pretty afternoon watching that garbage.

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The fact it took until nearly 11pm to start this thread, and that no one has responded shows the sense of apathy that has set in.  The Bengals blow and that isn't going to change any time soon. 

I'm glad they are rarely on TV in my area.  It would have been a shame to waste a pretty afternoon watching that garbage.

that pretty much sums it up

42 minutes ago, High School Harry said:
The Ugly (anyone still here?)

How about this shit?

I am guessing he will pay a fine but don't expect it to be huge.  The reality is Burfict's first few fines for the nut slaps and ankle twisting were $10,000 then $25,000.  It took years of continued bad behavior for him to get to this point. 

Yanda has been fined once in 12 years for a late hit 6 years ago.  Burfict has been fined 13 times. 

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

That they couldn't stop a one dimensional running qb?

I like how Marv removes himself from the situation and throws the team under the bus...

I think they learned something about themselves today"

That really commands the respect of the team, eh?

WTF ... fire him now and let Hue finish the season.  It couldn't be any worse.

Looks like he stuck around long enough until his son could get a real job.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The Good...  According to the Zen of Marvin

"It's a race now. We'll be better coming out of this. I think they learned something about themselves today"

A race to .500.  1-4 over the last 5 games. So it wasn’t a race when we were 5-4?  LOL at Marvin. . A rookie QB in his first ever start who can’t throw just put up 400 yards on this team. 

Maybe change the name of the thread to The Good, The Bad and The Apathetic.

That game sucked the life out of any enthusiasm or interest in the Bengals at all.

Saw it coming with the let down after the New Orleans blow out and the solution

was to hire Hue Jackson as heir apparent to carry on the torch of mediocrity.

image.png

8 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Marvin Lewis on Lamar  Jackson. "Qb's can't run forever". Wtf cares? What does that do for us now?

Yeah, they needed a win YESTERDAY and got it running Jackson at will.  Flacco will be back next week probably and they will split time.   Our solution was to throw a pass to Cody Core and run Mixon 12 times.   Vick ran for 5 years and was a pro bowler 3 times before he got hosed for dog fighting.   

Good: Ross TD catch and he managed to get through a whole game unscathed. 

We didn't give up 500 yards of offense.

Bad: FWIW, if Baltimore's secondary could catch, Dalton would have had a few INT's.

Ugly: Defense. Couldn't stop the run.

Offense: Why do they insist on putting Gio in to run up the middle? That's not his strength.

Special teams: WE got flagged for a block on the back DEFENDING a run back. First time I've ever seen that.

Pittsburgh ripped the heart out of this team and it shows. 

I would not be surprised if the Brownies beat us next Sunday.

45 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Bad: FWIW, if Baltimore's secondary could catch, Dalton would have had a few INT's.

Offense: Why do they insist on putting Gio in to run up the middle? That's not his strength.

Special teams: WE got flagged for a block on the back DEFENDING a run back. First time I've ever seen that.

Bengals are currently 3 point favorites...At Home!!!!  lol

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Just like last year. No mental toughness at all.

As I have (probably) mentioned before - when I was a kid, I watched a lot of Houston / Mid-South Wrestling. For those who never have, they used to have wrestlers called jobbers - usually they were new in the business, and their job was to get bigger named wrestler 'over', so to speak. Most times, the 'good guy jobbers' would get going and led the crowd to believe that maybe, they might just pull out a win, before the bad guy would hit 'em with a chair, or a 'loaded' glove, or whatever, and lose.

The Bengals are perennial jobbers. And a jobber is never going to beat a big name when it matters.

UkZbk.gif

D0apaNK.gif

1 hour ago, Cat said:

As I have (probably) mentioned before - when I was a kid, I watched a lot of Houston / Mid-South Wrestling. For those who never have, they used to have wrestlers called jobbers - usually they were new in the business, and their job was to get bigger named wrestler 'over', so to speak. Most times, the 'good guy jobbers' would get going and led the crowd to believe that maybe, they might just pull out a win, before the bad guy would hit 'em with a chair, or a 'loaded' glove, or whatever, and lose.

The Bengals are perennial jobbers. And a jobber is never going to beat a big name when it matters.

There was a moment there with Carson & CJ around '05-'06 with a little bit of a bandwagon but the Stealers and a string of arrests saw to that.   Point being all that hype is a fickle thing that can change in a hurry.  I can't blame outside forces until they are making every effort to climb out of that hole & win.  Yes the deck is stacked against them but when given the opportunity to change perceptions they just reconfirm them. 

I can only hope the team gets sold because I don't see this change happening while it's the family business.  That's not how the NFL operates & the rest of the the owners seem to despise them for it.

Archived