The Official Browns vs Bengals Game Thread...

Win or lose...   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Win or lose by how much ?

• Win with less than 3 points separation
    • Win with 3 - 10 points separation
    • Win with more than 10 points separation
    • Lose with less than 3 points separation
    • Lose with 3 - 10 points separation
    • Lose with more than 10 points separation
    • Aww crap it's a TIE...

It is remarkable just how completely ineffective our d-line is.  As the announcers said, these guys are way too well compensated to be playing this poorly.  I mean, we all know the linebackers are probably the worst part of our D but good lord with this bad of a line I don't know if any LB could play effectively.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

It is remarkable just how completely ineffective our d-line is.  As the announcers said, these guys are way too well compensated to be playing this poorly.  I mean, we all know the linebackers are probably the worst part of our D but good lord with this bad of a line I don't know if any LB could play effectively.

They're getting tackled and are afraid to hit the QB.   No point investing in a DL with these arena league rules.

It's 6 of one half a dozen of another.... But it's staggering how ineffective the line has been.

19 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hue-jackson-could-be-in-line-to-be-the-bengals-next-head-coach-if-marvin-lewis-exits/

How about this nugget from the article:

" Some within the Bengals organizations believed that former defensive coordinator Teryl Austin was being groomed for that position (head coach) this season, but with the team's defense performing at a historically poor rate, Lewis made the difficult decision to fire Austin, who is well regarded in NFL circles and has interviewed for numerous head coaching jobs himself."

lol

so pathetic 

Just now, T-Dub said:

They're getting tackled and are afraid to hit the QB.   No point investing in a DL with these arena league rules.

True enough.  I guess the future of d-lines is have a bunch of massive slobs to create a wall for the LB's to tackle guys a couple yards past the LOS

Wow, Darren Simmons is absolutely blowing his stack over what we can only assume was a completely made up BS call.  You notice the flags came out only after Erickson broke loose?  And way behind the play?

At least we know one coach on our sideline gives a damn.   I wonder if he's content as a STC? Too much fire for Milquetoast Mike?

This team is truly failing in every aspect of the game. That's not Teryl Austin, and it's not Bill Lazor, and it's not Darren Simmons.

Time to start working our way up the chain. I've been a huge supporter of Marvin Lewis, but this team stinks up from the ground up. I know a new GM is too much to ask, but any reasonable club would fire their GM too for some of the dumb decisions that have led us to this point.

Archived