This One Feels Like a Win or The Hope Trap

I've been nothing but terribly critical of this team and especially Marvin  for a while now. I feel justified in this attitude. I've been a die hard since 85, but my fandom has taken some serious hits lately. I stopped purchasing Bengal merchandise after the Steeler wild card meltdown, and have taken the unusual step of requesting friends and family to not buy me any of the inevitable Bengal Christmas gifts I'd become accustomed to. I can't support giving this team money til they use it to make obviously needed changes. That said, I still root for this team. Charlie Brown galloping towards Lucy with the sincere belief that this time he'll kick that football is in my DNA. The 49ers were the team I dreaded the most in the 80's. Super Bowl losses to them used to be the ceiling for disappointment. Now any game with Pittsburgh is. So here we are, seriously discussing wether we can beat the Browns at home. With AJ Green out, it's a coin toss. It feels like a win though. One of those games we play inexplicably well across the board. In the recent past this would give rise to hope for a turnaround, but I personally don't know anyone who'd fall into that trap currently. Besides the schizophrenic offense and having Lewis at the helm, the defense is just atrocious.

Archived