9 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

The Best Part, I won’t have to hear that stupid 3 18 cadence anymore.  Thank You!   I noticed Driskel does not worry about idiots that might blitz or not unlike what Andy did all the time.  He allowed his OLMan to do their job!  They need to learn how to pick up the Blitzing player(s).

Hmm. I always thought he was yelling "Green 18".

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Nah, he just likes to come around and pick at carrion.   :lol:

Or McCarrion. 

So is it now "Driscooter better than Dalton"? 

The kid slingin balls over at St.X would give us a better chance to win than Dalton.

Fucking crippled ass Carson Palmer could come back and play better.

Let's get real, unfortunately, about Driskel.

He is what one poster would call a "shiny new toy".

He was second string for a reason.

This Sunday he will come in, stink the place up worse than the mens' rest room in the Club West section

and be out of there injured before the frisbee dogs take the field at halftime

and show Cody Core and Auden Taint how to catch.

Cue up Macho Man Savage, ohhhh yeeahhh.

btw... we all remember how the late Macho Man was a member of a Reds minor

league team and became famous for being beaned while on first base.

He was ragging at the pitcher so much that he turned around and plunked him.

Back to the topic, Jeff Driskel's new name is "Fresh Meat" because that is what

he will be with Oggieboogie trying to block Vonn Miller.

26 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

This Sunday he will come in, stink the place up worse than the mens' rest room in the Club West section

You may be right about all this, but in terms of the offensive line that you're complaining about:

Teams like Houston, LA Chargers, Seattle, and Carolina have BAD offensive lines.

The difference is that these offenses still function. 

The QB moves around the pocket, keeps his eyes down the field, and makes plays. 

The Bengals QB just doesn't do this.

For the most part, he's a statue back there, if he has to move off of his spot, he automatically leaves the pocket and then all hell breaks loose.

You can win in this league without a good line.

The Bengals can't win in this league without a good line. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

You may be right about all this, but in terms of the offensive line that you're complaining about:

Teams like Houston, LA Chargers, Seattle, and Carolina have BAD offensive lines.

For the most part, he's a statue back there, if he has to move off of his spot, he automatically leaves the pocket and then all hell breaks loose.

Yes!!!  Finally someone else who fucking knows a little something. Unlike the rest of these Dalton nut huggers. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:29 AM, Catfish Bob said:

The kid slingin balls over at St.X would give us a better chance to win than Dalton.

Fucking crippled ass Carson Palmer could come back and play better.

More stupidity. Just piling on Dalton instead of an objective discussion.

12 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

That's not true. He has as much mobility as some successful QBs. Brady isn't a mobile QB. He has to have receivers that can get open after their initial route. I don't think the bengals receivers are good at that. Even AJ. Boyd may be the best in that regard.

9 minutes ago, Hooky said:

That's not true. He has as much mobility as some successful QBs. Brady isn't a mobile QB. He has to have receivers that can get open after their initial route. I don't think the bengals receivers are good at that. Even AJ. Boyd may be the best in that regard.

Our receivers are terrible at it. I can’t tell you how many times I have been to a game and our WR just stops after their route is finished, STAND there and watch Andy scramble. Eifert was by far the best at freelancing after his route was done. 

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

While you are most likely right about Driskel getting injured, make no mistake, he was second string because the Bengals are the most complacent unwilling to rock the boat professional team in all of sports.  I like the kid and think he will produce some above average results.  It will be all for not, this team is going nowhere, and he will do just enough(or not?) to have everything regurgitated next year all over again with Andy, Marv, and the Crew.

13 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Exactly right.  Their line is more than serviceable enough to produce winning results.  

57 minutes ago, Hooky said:

They scheme way better and have a quarterback that diagnoses things way better as well.  Nobody can tell me that julian edelman is better than green or boyd.  Like i said yesterday though, Dalton is not the only problem, just apart of it, and he needs to go along with the rest of them.  May be a case of careful what you wish for at this point, but after almost a decade of this, its time.  Also, i just have thought to myself many times while watching Driskel in his limited action, preseason or not, i would love to see what he can do with a game plan and a full arsenal (as long as aj plays) out there with him.  Just seems to be something there.  

57 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Brady?  Brady makes the right decision pre snap and post snap immediately.  It's part of what makes him so damned good.  You can't expect that from Dalton.  He rarely seems to change from his first read anyway. 

Lack of mobility is an issue for QBs in today's NFL.  I'm not saying you can't be successful as a pocket passer, but you either need an excellent o-line, or excellent decision making like Brady or Manning.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Brady?  Brady makes the right decision pre snap and post snap immediately.  It's part of what makes him so damned good.  You can't expect that from Dalton.  He rarely seems to change from his first read anyway. 

Lack of mobility is an issue for QBs in today's NFL.  I'm not saying you can't be successful as a pocket passer, but you either need an excellent o-line, or excellent decision making like Brady or Manning.

Bingo.

30 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I was talking about mobility and nothing else since the post I was responding to was about Dalton's mobility. Comparing one aspect of two players is not saying that one is better than the other. Most people would realize that. But everybody, including sports analysts does it. You say that another QB is equal or better than Brady at any aspect of QB and people lose their shit. 

45 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

They scheme way better and have a quarterback that diagnoses things way better as well.  Nobody can tell me that julian edelman is better than green or boyd.  Like i said yesterday though, Dalton is not the only problem, just apart of it, and he needs to go along with the rest of them.  May be a case of careful what you wish for at this point, but after almost a decade of this, its time.  Also, i just have thought to myself many times while watching Driskel in his limited action, preseason or not, i would love to see what he can do with a game plan and a full arsenal (as long as aj plays) out there with him.  Just seems to be something there.  

Couldn't agree more. I wasn't Defending Dalton, just arguing that mobility isn't his problem in response to somebody saying he's a statue. And I mention scheming in another post where I was arguing that coaches should shoulder a lot of the blame for this offense.

Archived