On the one hand, I get it...the team seemed to respond to Driskel once he was in, but...as mentioned above, our awesome defense (and by proxy, it's AWESOME defensive coordinator) was to blame, specifically in the first half. They only started getting stops when it was already too late. And Driskel is a backup, and yes, even to Andy Dalton.

59 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Just the fact that Driskel's ceiling's unknown will make watching the Bengals interesting. Watching Andy over and over has gotten so old.

The Bengals may not have a choice. Any word on Dalton’s injury?

I’ll tell you what was refreshing about Driskel: he’s got a strong arm AND HE WAS NOT AFRAID TO USE IT

I loved seeing a Bengals QB unafraid to get aggressive and throw into tight coverage.

I assume he’ll never be a franchise QB, but I hope he’s the QB for the rest of the season. Andy is as boring as Marv, Duke, and MB. 

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Going with Marvthink, our first round draft choice will be a quarterback.

does it matter, won't produce like a first round pick? Or at all. Oh'he'slay'me comes to mind.

The better years this franchise had were through a good run of successful drafts with rounds 1-7 producing talented starters. Too many misses over the last few years have resulted in this sorry roster.

35 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I’ll tell you what was refreshing about Driskel: he’s got a strong arm AND HE WAS NOT AFRAID TO USE IT

I loved seeing a Bengals QB unafraid to get aggressive and throw into tight coverage.

More interceptions, duly noted! Would you like those as "pick-6" or in the end zone? I counted at least 3 should've-been INTs in however many snaps Jeb Dribble played. 

Good chance he starts next week.  I bet we run Mixon a bunch & suddenly the QB job looks a lot easier.  WOO DISKULL

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

More interceptions, duly noted! Would you like those as "pick-6" or in the end zone? I counted at least 3 should've-been INTs in however many snaps Jeb Dribble played. 

Good chance he starts next week.  I bet we run Mixon a bunch & suddenly the QB job looks a lot easier.  WOO DISKULL

Dalton has 11 interceptions this season

Luck has 11 interceptions this season

Roethlisberger has 12 interceptions this season

Mahomes has 10 interceptions this season

Alex Smith had 5 interceptions this year

Interceptions don't seem to automatically correlate to winning.

Guys take chances with the ball. Sometimes they turn it over, sometimes they make big plays.

I think you saw that in Rams vs. Chiefs. 

Golook at the yards per attempt leaderboard. 7 of the top 10 are going to the playoffs. The other 3 are Bucs QBs and Aaron Rodgers.

Dalton is currently 26th 

23 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Needs to be our #1 QB going forward. 

It's definitely too early to tell if the kid has "it." But he is a hell of a lot closer to "it," than y'all's boy Andy.

alex van pelt has done one hell of a job with driskel.and he is some I would consider to be a head coach. 

2 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Dalton has 11 interceptions this season

Luck has 11 interceptions this season

Roethlisberger has 12 interceptions this season

Mahomes has 10 interceptions this season

Alex Smith had 5 interceptions this year

Interceptions don't seem to automatically correlate to winning.

Guys take chances with the ball. Sometimes they turn it over, sometimes they make big plays.

I think you saw that in Rams vs. Chiefs. 

Golook at the yards per attempt leaderboard. 7 of the top 10 are going to the playoffs. The other 3 are Bucs QBs and Aaron Rodgers.

Dalton is currently 26th 

Hey maybe you're right.  I think that expecting any QB to perform behind this OL is absurd but I can't say I'm mad we get the chance to find out.  Maybe Mixon & Jello Diskount sneak us that last WC spot.

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hey maybe you're right.  I think that expecting any QB to perform behind this OL is absurd but I can't say I'm mad we get the chance to find out.  Maybe Mixon & Jello Diskount sneak us that last WC spot.

I'm definitely not saying he will, but my 8th year QB is averaging 7.0 YPA in the new, pass-happy, arena league NFL.

No one at 7.0 or less is going to the playoffs this season. 

Luck is the lowest at 7.1 and he started the year off with 3 games under 7.0, as he was coming back from the shoulder surgery.

Driskel has to show he can do it (he probably won't), but at least the unknown is SOMETHING

I already know my current QB is incapable playing at the level necessary to win anything meaningful.

The Best Part, I won’t have to hear that stupid 3 18 cadence anymore.  Thank You!   I noticed Driskel does not worry about idiots that might blitz or not unlike what Andy did all the time.  He allowed his OLMan to do their job!  They need to learn how to pick up the Blitzing player(s).

Archived