Bengals place Andy Dalton on IR.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Neither pro nor con ML wise...but this has been an insane number of either season-ending or severely-limiting amount of hurts this season. Have to have enough quality bodies for "next man up"...now they just have bodies.  

I was thinking about this. I know the Dalton injury was a thumb, but I have to wonder if the number of ACL tears, sprains, etc. has maybe to do with the conditioning program? No one comments on the  strength and conditioning coach, but maybe his program should be looked at?

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

At least we'll all get to point and laugh at how stupid he is when we are picking in the top 5-10

I've never seen so much stupidity as is scattered among all of the threads posted in the last 24 hours or so. That's apparently what finally losing to the turds will do. Maybe started up by start me up.

24 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I've never seen so much stupidity as is scattered among all of the threads posted in the last 24 hours or so. That's apparently what finally losing to the turds will do. Maybe started up by start me up.

Amen Brother 

I'm leaning toward ya' gotta laugh to keep from cryin'.

This team is a living nightmare.  Something else jumps up you aren't even expecting.

Earlier today I was checking in to see if Marvin had been fired and see Andy is on IR.

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition".

We ignore quality free agent pursuit, trades at the deadline, the head coach who has

absolutely quit and was incompetent before that, zero respect of the team and

our solution is to hire his proven loser buddy, Hue, for some reason that is beyond

comprehension and create a coaching slot for him.

No wonder Marcus Lewis quit.

I honestly cannot remember when this team was so low and such a complete cluster fuck.

Even in the Shula, Klingler and three win seasons we knew we were terrible but when

we suck this bad because we did not do what was needed to improve, its worse.

I think this is the worse season ever and blame it all on Marvin.

He betrayed not only the team and fans but also Mike and Katie

Brown who trusted him too long and too often.

And Hue is not the answer.

So why not cynicism and graveyard humor?

Why not talk about the draft.

We should not get personal and turn one another.

Except for FuckMeUpSMH, of course.

Off the soap box and back to binge watching BBC mysteries.

3 hours ago, whodey365 said:

And Marvin gets just enough excuses to keep his job. If there were any chance of him not.

No chance, he's here til he or Mikey dies. I figure we may only win one more game (Raiders), tho I won't be shocked if we lose out.

1 hour ago, cpalmer2004 said:

Can we put Hopkins back at center? Price sucks another first round bust. He threw ball over Andy’s head  that caused Andy to get hurt had. Worst game I can remember a center having. Hopkins at least did his job, as Marvin keeps saying.

Can Marvin fire himself?

And Hugh hasn’t won here either since coming from Cleveland ... fired ..... our next HC works cheap.... mike browns smiles 

Have you not been watching the Bengals for the last decade or so?  Russel Bodine?  Eric Guy-suck?  While Price isn't killing it he is still way better than those two turds. 

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

heeey.. a reason to watch football again.

While this is messed up, I am now more interested in the rest of the season.  The Benglas were going to suck with Dalton or Driskel at QB.  We know what we have in Dalton, which is a solid NFL QB.  Now we get a chance to see if Driskel is more than that.  I know it's a longshot, but the chances that Driskel is a better QB than Dalton is greater than the chances of the Bengals making the playoffs. 

I had too laugh today. Stephen A Smith went on a rant about Marvin and Hue Jackson today. I never thought I would hear Stephen A Smith accuse someone of “reverse affirmative action” (his words).  Said the only reason Marvin still has a job is because he is black.  Should have been fired years ago. 

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You aint kidding. 

2 hours ago, whodey? said:

Amen Brother 

I for one don't think it's stupid to root for Driskel, but I also do not have lofty expectations of his play, either. I'm guessing he'll do pretty well overall. The team as a whole did seem to respond to him being out there. The offense was reasonably good, other than the few "almost" INT's...at least he's taking chances. And also, Auden Tate was spotted making NFL plays...perhaps that was a rumor. The defense started getting stops...but it was all too little, too late. At least we didn't let them score on us after the lone second half touchdown. But there was no way we were coming back from that first half beatdown.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm leaning toward ya' gotta laugh to keep from cryin'.

This team is a living nightmare.  Something else jumps up you aren't even expecting.

Earlier today I was checking in to see if Marvin had been fired and see Andy is on IR.

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition".

We ignore quality free agent pursuit, trades at the deadline, the head coach who has

absolutely quit and was incompetent before that, zero respect of the team and

our solution is to hire his proven loser buddy, Hue, for some reason that is beyond

comprehension and create a coaching slot for him.

No wonder Marcus Lewis quit.

I honestly cannot remember when this team was so low and such a complete cluster fuck.

Even in the Shula, Klingler and three win seasons we knew we were terrible but when

we suck this bad because we did not do what was needed to improve, its worse.

I think this is the worse season ever and blame it all on Marvin.

He betrayed not only the team and fans but also Mike and Katie

Brown who trusted him too long and too often.

And Hue is not the answer.

So why not cynicism and graveyard humor?

Why not talk about the draft.

We should not get personal and turn one another.

Except for FuckMeUpSMH, of course.

Off the soap box and back to binge watching BBC mysteries.

High quality rant. Plus one to you, sir. Also, the Inquisition did you say?

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

While this is messed up, I am now more interested in the rest of the season.  The Benglas were going to suck with Dalton or Driskel at QB.  We know what we have in Dalton, which is a solid NFL QB.  Now we get a chance to see if Driskel is more than that.  I know it's a longshot, but the chances that Driskel is a better QB than Dalton is greater than the chances of the Bengals making the playoffs. 

I am now strangely more interested too, for basically the reasons you state. As to the bolded, why not both? Please do NOT wake me. I'm dreaming of 10-6 and our first playoff win...with DRISKALLLLLLLL!

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I was thinking about this. I know the Dalton injury was a thumb, but I have to wonder if the number of ACL tears, sprains, etc. has maybe to do with the conditioning program? No one comments on the  strength and conditioning coach, but maybe his program should be looked at?

If it were that easy, I am sure pundits would have already bellyached about it. But it isn't. 

Chip Morton is one of the most respected S&C coaches around. And for all of the wailing over supposed lack of quality facilities, their weight room and training/medical facilities are in the upper eschelon of the league (#7 in a survey a few years back). 

Doesnt look like it's really anything more than bad luck. 

59 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Doesnt look like it's really anything more than bad luck.

And some guys who have injury histories already.

And some guys getting hurt because of dumb plays.

And CB's and safeties getting injured taking down RB's with a full head of steam.

And some guy(s) coming back to play out of shape.

Off the top of my head, a good part of the injury list falls into these categories. Eifert and Fisher injured? No! AJ Green injuring himself trying to regain a lead the defense squandered or Andy Dalton getting stepped on on a bad snap. And so on....

I know this syndrome. It's called Bengalitis... It was the reason our starting QB's never finished a season in the 90's. Injuries pile up on a team when it's "smear the queer" time and you're always the queer. I'm betting Geno is still putting on chap stick after sucking Kevin Zeitler's cock for 3 hours this weekend. "ACL injuries"... Sure. That means our secondary got raped so badly they still can't walk.

There's probably even a little "Fuck you, I ain't going out there and my god damned toe hurts" going on. What, you think they've only given up on the field?

And when this edition of the Bengals is being compared to Bruce Cockslut's, it's time for Sherri Lewis and Lamp Chop Jackson to take this puppet show on the road.

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I for one don't think it's stupid to root for Driskel, but I also do not have lofty expectations of his play, either. I'm guessing he'll do pretty well overall. The team as a whole did seem to respond to him being out there. The offense was reasonably good, other than the few "almost" INT's...at least he's taking chances. And also, Auden Tate was spotted making NFL plays...perhaps that was a rumor. The defense started getting stops...but it was all too little, too late. At least we didn't let them score on us after the lone second half touchdown. But there was no way we were coming back from that first half beatdown.

I would hope everyone is rooting for Driskel to do well.. hell I hope catfish is right and he is the next quarterback jebus..

Only an asshole would root against their favorite teams QB....lol 

The rest of the year should be interesting..unless the line instantly gets Driskel killed.. good chance of that right away with Miller and Chubb coming in

If we have savage in there I will lose any/all interest 

whod  ey 

34 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I would hope everyone is rooting for Driskel to do well.. hell I hope catfish is right and he is the next quarterback jebus..

Only an asshole would root against their favorite teams QB....lol 

The rest of the year should be interesting..unless the line instantly gets Driskel killed.. good chance of that right away with Miller and Chubb coming in

If we have savage in there I will lose any/all interest 

whod  ey 

I love Driskel's skillset.  I saw a cat slinging shit.  I realize the Browns were on auto pilot for most of the second half until it almost got "real" and they did not game plan for him, but that dude looks to have something.  Even when watching him in pre-season, he seems to have a very good understanding of whats going on and all the tools to become a good quarterback.  He also just generally seems to not give a fuck and doesnt have that deer in the headlights look.  That may change when a team has a week to prepare, but i am intrigued.   

I think Driskel's skill set is what the next, or current, generation NFL QB looks like.  A guy who can sit in the pocket and pass, but can run as well.  Not a running QB.  Those don't work.  But having a QB that isn't very mobile is getting to be a detriment in the NFL.  Newton, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, etc. are the examples.  Driskel can move.  You can see how it puts the defense ill at ease.  If he can sit in the pocket read defenses and throw darts...well...maybe he could be the next guy up. 

4 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

I love Driskel's skillset.  I saw a cat slinging shit.  I realize the Browns were on auto pilot for most of the second half until it almost got "real" and they did not game plan for him, but that dude looks to have something.  Even when watching him in pre-season, he seems to have a very good understanding of whats going on and all the tools to become a good quarterback.  He also just generally seems to not give a fuck and doesnt have that deer in the headlights look.  That may change when a team has a week to prepare, but i am intrigued.   

I agree and think this is a great post. More refreshing than the barrage of posts where they just hate Dalton and really don't know shit. Do they realize how hard it is to run even a healthy offense when your defense is this bad and playing a good offense? I will obviously always root for the Bengals to win, but I think there will be a rude awakening on Sunday. One advantage Driskell has, like you said, is that he doesn't give a fuck and why should he? He has absolutely nothing to lose. If he doesn't perform well, he's a backup in a banged up offense. 

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I think Driskel's skill set is what the next, or current, generation NFL QB looks like.  A guy who can sit in the pocket and pass, but can run as well.  Not a running QB.  Those don't work.  But having a QB that isn't very mobile is getting to be a detriment in the NFL.  Newton, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, etc. are the examples.  Driskel can move.  You can see how it puts the defense ill at ease.  If he can sit in the pocket read defenses and throw darts...well...maybe he could be the next guy up. 

The guy looks to throw darts.  I know some of his passes were a little inaccurate, but he just came off the bench, and played a real game for the first time.  Also, he isnt afraid to fit it into tight window and seemed to be placing it where only his receiver had a chance.  Side not, i actually also loved what i saw from Auden Tate.  That dude can be a beast too.  His timing was a little fucked and there's not doubt he ran some wrong routes and had some miscommunication, but again, that was his first big time action.  I am very intrigued by the young guys on this team (Driskel, Tate, Ross, and to some extent Boyds continued development).  They need a reliable tight end and a few pieces on the line and this could look like a completely different team.  And, oh yeah, Marv has to for that to be possible.  I never really got on that fire marvin train, but its fucking time.  The jury is fucking out and some may even say its been out.  

Archived