Time To Trade Andy Dalton

41 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I'm all for that. But what is Dalton's contract situation? I hate to bring up reality, but Mikey getting rid of Dalton may be less likely than his getting rid of Marvin. I'm pretty sure that Dalton is not even part of the problem in MB's eyes.

Has Mike Brown ever intimated that there is even a problem? Serious question. Ever a public comment on the team's nosedive?

53 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I'm all for that. But what is Dalton's contract situation? I hate to bring up reality, but Mikey getting rid of Dalton may be less likely than his getting rid of Marvin. I'm pretty sure that Dalton is not even part of the problem in MB's eyes.

Owed 16 million next year.  Can be cut without a cap penalty.  Free and clear.  

9 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Has Mike Brown ever intimated that there is even a problem? Serious question. Ever a public comment on the team's nosedive?

Good question. You know he was pissed about losing to the turds like that. If there was ever a time that he would voice his disgust, it would be now.

21 hours ago, Hooky said:

You have to factor in the coaches also. QBs without a lot of supporting star power and a good offensive scheme can go a long way. How far would Dalton go if he was in NE, KC, NO, etc....?

I get your point, but KC has scheme as well as LOADS of talent, i mean loads.  

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

Owed 16 million next year.  Can be cut without a cap penalty.  Free and clear.  

Thanks. Maybe there's a chance that they move on from him, but I'm not optimistic. And if they draft a QB early, what are the chances that they get it right? I know I sound like Team Eeyore, but I'm trying to maintain hope.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Thanks. Maybe there's a chance that they move on from him, but I'm not optimistic. And if they draft a QB early, what are the chances that they get it right? I know I sound like Team Eeyore, but I'm trying to maintain hope.

Very reasonable question, especially given the history of this team.  Dont know what the answer is really, but i think i know that there has to be a total reboot.  

8 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Very reasonable question, especially given the history of this team.  Dont know what the answer is really, but i think i know that there has to be a total reboot.  

Agree. Unfortunately, I think it would only happen if it started with an owner reboot.

After reading the article posted about how MB wants a coach willing to work with Dalton because that's his favorite player.  My guess is he will trade Driskel if he does well and roll with Andy for the rest of his contract.  And that will probably be the end of me giving any fux about the Bengals

15 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

After reading the article posted about how MB wants a coach willing to work with Dalton because that's his favorite player.  My guess is he will trade Driskel if he does well and roll with Andy for the rest of his contract.  And that will probably be the end of me giving any fux about the Bengals

No. Driskell will remain the backup. Just like Foles after Wentz came back from injury.

50 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

What do you guys think we could reasonably get for Dalton in a trade? A 2nd and a 3rd, maybe? A single 1st round pick? A truck full of cash and a new Chevy Lumina?

I think a first to be honest.  Dalton would do wonders for teams like Jacksonville, Buffalo, Denver, Miami. 

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

We're tired of seeing our veteran QB struggle behind shitty OL, give us an exciting new rookie to watch struggle behind shitty OL!

:2rave:

This. The Bengals have drafted 4 OLmen since the Ogbuehi/Fisher disaster. A #1 (Price, who I believe would not have been drafted if Jethro had been resigned), 2 5ths (OG and C) , and a 7th (OG/T). Since Mikey doesn'y believe in someone else's blue chip free agents, you HAVE to score in the draft. 2017 was particularly galling since it was obvious neither Ced nor Fisher could play at a hi level yet no olinemen were drafted at all. Give Dalton a better oline next year, if he still sucks then cut the cord.

11 hours ago, schotzee said:

Iirc , wasn't that  the reason for the Patriots turnaround  when they finally got an owner with a clue?

Drunken Bob Kraft just had money, a lust for more money, a lust for a new stadium to make more money, and the bleary brain cells to get out of Belicheats way. 

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Drunken Bob Kraft just had money, a lust for more money, a lust for a new stadium to make more money, and the bleary brain cells to get out of Belicheats way. 

Lol. Yeah , so he did have a clue in that way. Seemed like they started to come around even before that with Victor Kiam though.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, SF2 said:

“If you can’t be with the one you love honey love the one your with. “

"you're"

And Stephen Still wrote the song after hearing Billy Preston make that remark, so really, as Billy Preston said...

And instead of having the frankly ridiculous discussion about trading Andy Dalton, here's a woman fixing a p-trap.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

49 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"you're"

And Stephen Still wrote the song after hearing Billy Preston make that remark, so really, as Billy Preston said...

And instead of having the frankly ridiculous discussion about trading Andy Dalton, here's a woman fixing a p-trap.

She can fix my p-trap.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

"you're"

nah that is an original installation.  Everything is too clean and firm and supple to need fixing yet. 

And don't expect good english form on the fucking iphone.  My Samsung was soooo much easier to edit with.  Only one month left until I can shit can the family spare and go back to the wonderful world of the BACK ARROW.  Why the fuck doesn't an iphone have a back arrow!!?

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

nah that is an original installation.  Everything is too clean and firm and supple to need fixing yet. 

And don't expect good english form on the fucking iphone.  My Samsung was soooo much easier to edit with.  Only one month left until I can shit can the family spare and go back to the wonderful world of the BACK ARROW.  Why the fuck doesn't an iphone have a back arrow!!?

Hold down the space bar and move the cursor where you want.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Hold down the space bar and move the cursor where you want.

I know that but its just way easier to touch exactly where you want to go on a Samsung.  And the back arrow, you just don't understand how f'ing easy life is with a back arrow.    Also, Andy Dalton will be our starter next year.  Fun discussion though 

Archived