Please don't hire Hue...we need a complete overhaul

20 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm not sure why a coaching change has to come with dumping good players.  You don't usually see that with other teams. 

The reality is we aren't getting a coaching change.  (Hue Jackson isn't a coaching change) Mike Brown hinted at it last off-season when he said he didn't want to go through another coaching search.  He knows he is an oddball and any established coach won't have anything to do with the way he runs a NFL team.  He's old and doesn't want to work hard enough to find a decent young coach that will put up with his shit.  It will be Marvin or Hue next year.

I wouldn't "dump" any good players, but if I could get a good return on trade there are guys I'd be willing to part with at the right price.

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/27/should-hue-jackson-have-been-able-to-go-to-bengals-after-being-fired-by-browns/amp/

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield doesn’t think Jackson should have surfaced in Cincinnati. And Mayfield wasn’t bashful about responding to an ESPN video featuring Damien Woody suggesting that Mayfield is being hypocritical because he transferred from Texas Tech to Oklahoma.

Not even comparable,” Mayfield said in a comment posted on Instagram. “I didn’t lose 30+ games be fake and then do that. . . . I wasn’t gonna have a scholarship. Good try though buddy.” (It would have been better if he’d closed with, “Buddy boy.”)

Granted Hue is full of shit up to his eyebrows but what was he supposed to when Cleveland fired him? Lock himself in his room eating ice cream through the tears? Get real, Mayfield's no Carson Palmer.  :ninja:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Granted Hue is full of shit up to his eyebrows but what was he supposed to when Cleveland fired him? Lock himself in his room eating ice cream through the tears? Get real, Mayfield's no Carson Palmer.  :ninja:

I honestly think this whole episode makes Marvin and our FO look stupid. We pick up the former HC of the Browns 2 weeks after he is fired and his incredible insider knowledge resulted in a 28 point deficit at one point? 

Do any of our players actually want Hue back?  He isn’t taking over Gruden’s Oline and offense this time. When has this guy fixed anything?  He was going to go all in on AJ McCarron, the same guy that got beat out by a rookie AND Nate Peterman in camp.  Same guy who can’t even get snaps on 2-9 Oakland behind a QB the head coach hates. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I honestly think this whole episode makes Marvin and our FO look stupid. We pick up the former HC of the Browns 2 weeks after he is fired and his incredible insider knowledge resulted in a 28 point deficit at one point? 

Do any of our players actually want Hue back?  He isn’t taking over Gruden’s Oline and offense this time. When has this guy fixed anything?  He was going to go all in on AJ McCarron, the same guy that got beat out by a rookie AND Nate Peterman in camp.  Same guy who can’t even get snaps on 2-9 Oakland behind a QB the head coach hates. 

Hue is also the guy that gave away the house for Carson Palmer and had no interest in Carson Wentz nor Deshaun Watson.  Hue Jackson is an enormous failure as a HC, and not just because he was coaching the Raiders and the Browns.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Hue is also the guy that gave away the house for Carson Palmer and had no interest in Carson Wentz nor Deshaun Watson.  Hue Jackson is an enormous failure as a HC, and not just because he was coaching the Raiders and the Browns.

So, of course, the erstwhile GM's at the time had no responsibility whatsoever? 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

So, of course, the erstwhile GM's at the time had no responsibility whatsoever? 

In Oakland I don't believe there was a GM at the time.  Wasn't that just after Al Davis had passed?  In Cleveland they certainly did, but in both instances Hue was front and center telling everyone what he thought.  Maybe it didn't matter, but the Browns passed on both QBs like Hue suggested.

17 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I would add Boyd and Erickson to this list. Maybe Bernard, too. 

If someone made an offer for Boyd I'd seriously consider it.  After this breakout year he is going to be difficult to re-sign.  I think he will want a shot to be a #1 like Marvin Jones a few years ago.  Erickson is a solid player but not in the untouchable category IMO.  Bernard getting another contract I think will depend on the development of Walton.

16 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

In Oakland I don't believe there was a GM at the time.  Wasn't that just after Al Davis had passed?  In Cleveland they certainly did, but in both instances Hue was front and center telling everyone what he thought.  Maybe it didn't matter, but the Browns passed on both QBs like Hue suggested.

Reggie McKenzie was, and still is, the Oakland GM at the time. And, although not a popular belief around here, was directly engineering that trade.

17 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

BTW...do you ever post your own opinions, or just crap on everyone else's while staying above the fray?

Coming from someone who wonders aloud "why are you here?", when expressing multitudes of thoughts as to the deterioration of this professional sport into a circus side-show, makes this question rhetorical.

36 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Reggie McKenzie was, and still is, the Oakland GM at the time. And, although not a popular belief around here, was directly engineering that trade.

It's probably not a popular belief since Palmer was traded to the Raiders in Oct 2011 and McKenzie was not hired as Raiders GM until Jan 2012.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Coming from someone who wonders aloud "why are you here?", when expressing multitudes of thoughts as to the deterioration of this professional sport into a circus side-show, makes this question rhetorical.

Dude, it's not rhetorical.  Your behavior is passive-aggressive and I really don't care for it.  Love to hear your input other than just crapping on other's opinions without stating any of your own.  If this site had an ignore feature I would just use it, but it doesn't. 

Frankly, everything we see on TV is pretty much a circus side-show.  I just choose to play the game a bit when it comes to Bengals football.  It's not logical, it's emotional.  I grew up going to these games.  I admittedly can't help myself.  Just the same I don't believe there is some kind of huge conspiracy.  In my life experience I have deducted that gross incompetence is nearly always the answer when people think conspiracy.  Most people really aren't that smart, or they think they are way smarter than they are.  None the less, my questions to you are honest.  I don't think I would have anything to do with the NFL if I felt the way you do.  Just me.  You are free to do what you like, but it makes me wonder and thus the question.  From your response it's obvious that you have gotten that question from people other than me. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

:popcorn:

You could simply put him on "Ignore", you know.

However, Le Tigre is right.  I absolutely see his point and agree although I am not into boycotting anything.

I'm sticking with them and waiting for my ship to come in even though we have Cap'n Marv at the helm of the Titanic

now with Semen Hue on the poop deck.

In the GFL (Goodell Football League) we have two constants:

The Patriots and The Stealers.

One contender:

New Orleans

One upstart:

The Two Men and a Truck Rams.

Last year it was the Eagles and Goody certainly doesn't want THAT to happen again.

The rest are a mediocre muddle and cannon fodder for the Fab Four.

And they always play the season for draft position where they can take

the next Cedric Ogbuhei or John Ross.

The only way for the Bengals to break the cycle is to get out of the lather-rinse-repeat cycle.

New, committed, dedicated dynamic coach.  None of those terms refer to Marvmallow (duh) or Clueless Hue.

Get out of the middle of the pack mire in the draft, trade UP in the first and second rounds to get some quality players.

Heaven knows we have enough draft choices to work with.  Bring in some quality young players rather than crap shoots

like Malick Jefferson or the parade of failed linebackers we have had.

Get active and pay a few bucks for quality free agents rather than guys like A.J. Hawk and Kevin Minter.

How about paying for a guy like Andrew Whitworth rather than drafting Cedric Ogbuhei to fill his spot?

But, Catfish amigo, Le Tig is right.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If this site had an ignore feature I would just use it, but it doesn't. 

If you click on the 3 horizontal bars(far upper right) then click on account, you will see an ignored users tab. To the best of my knowledge, it allows you to put usernames on "ignore" there.

17 minutes ago, schotzee said:

If you click on the 3 horizontal bars(far upper right) then click on account, you will see an ignored users tab. To the best of my knowledge, it allows you to put usernames on "ignore" there.

Thanks for the tip.  Tried through profiles as I have done on other boards. 

24 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Actually, if you click on your own profile these is a section for "ignored users."  You are able to manually add people there.  Done.

The 3 horizontal bars on my browser doesn't offer that function. 

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Actually, if you click on your own profile these is a section for "ignored users."  You are able to manually add people there.  Done.

The 3 horizontal bars on my browser doesn't offer that function. 

Ahh. Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be the same for everyone depending on browser I assume.

29 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

:popcorn:

You could simply put him on "Ignore", you know.

However, Le Tigre is right.  I absolutely see his point and agree although I am not into boycotting anything.

I'm sticking with them and waiting for my ship to come in even though we have Cap'n Marv at the helm of the Titanic

now with Semen Hue on the poop deck.

In the GFL (Goodell Football League) we have two constants:

The Patriots and The Stealers.

One contender:

New Orleans

One upstart:

The Two Men and a Truck Rams.

Last year it was the Eagles and Goody certainly doesn't want THAT to happen again.

The rest are a mediocre muddle and cannon fodder for the Fab Four.

And they always play the season for draft position where they can take

the next Cedric Ogbuhei or John Ross.

The only way for the Bengals to break the cycle is to get out of the lather-rinse-repeat cycle.

New, committed, dedicated dynamic coach.  None of those terms refer to Marvmallow (duh) or Clueless Hue.

Get out of the middle of the pack mire in the draft, trade UP in the first and second rounds to get some quality players.

Heaven knows we have enough draft choices to work with.  Bring in some quality young players rather than crap shoots

like Malick Jefferson or the parade of failed linebackers we have had.

Get active and pay a few bucks for quality free agents rather than guys like A.J. Hawk and Kevin Minter.

How about paying for a guy like Andrew Whitworth rather than drafting Cedric Ogbuhei to fill his spot?

But, Catfish amigo, Le Tig is right.

Sorry, bud...just don't buy it.  The Eagles winning was a boon to the league.  Just what Goodell would want.  Too many rich, arrogant assholes own these teams to go along with any kind of collusion that wouldn't put them at the top.  Many of these rich, arrogant assholes are grossly incompetent in different ways.  Jerry Jones is very good at making money with his team, but is grossly incompetent as a football man.  The Pegulas have been striking out in the NHL and NFL for a while now.  Total gongshow.  Daniel Snyder?  Mark Davis?  Mike Brown?  If Goodell really wanted to keep certain franchises down he really wouldn't need any help with most of them.  Even Goodell himself is grossly incompetent.  His handling of the social issues surrounding football has been horrible.  His owners aren't helping either.  No league is firing their Commissioner because pro sports has been growing like a weed!  Big TV deals leave everyone fat.  Even the NHL is making more cash with limited TV money.  Owners are afraid they will get someone worse than the commissioner in charge that has been making them big money.  Gross incompetence. 

No need to go through the ignore process--I am done commenting on the NFL. Suffice to say--as has been stated previously--to each their own. If it is the choice of folks to follow this sport and believe it is as pure as the driven snow, to each their own. 

And to the delight of the fact-checkers as to Reggie McKenzie: you are correct. He was hired to make sure Al's wishes were maintained. The actual "GM" at the trade time was Mark Davis--who also followed Dad's dictums. Point is--Hue didn't have the full part and parcel of that deal. 

Done now. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

No need to go through the ignore process--I am done commenting on the NFL. Suffice to say--as has been stated previously--to each their own. If it is the choice of folks to follow this sport and believe it is as pure as the driven snow, to each their own. 

And to the delight of the fact-checkers as to Reggie McKenzie: you are correct. He was hired to make sure Al's wishes were maintained. The actual "GM" at the trade time was Mark Davis--who also followed Dad's dictums. Point is--Hue didn't have the full part and parcel of that deal. 

Done now. 

Don't stop LT! I for one appreciate reading any of your input!

Archived