EA Sports Madden NFL 06

I have this pc game but it will not load on windows 8.  I played it on the old XP for years.  On the box is number 5 of the Philla? Eagles in a green jersey.  Well anyway this game is 12 years old today and I played it using a balanced play book on offense and defense.  I wish I could up load some of the plays I used.  I ran the I formation, the offset I, the split back formation and single set back and one or two other offensive formations.  You cannot find this balanced play book in new editions of NFL EA sports.  I call this the basic football package.

On defense in the balanced playbook you can run the 4-3, 3-4, the Bear 5 lineman, the nickle, the diamond.  I have talked about this before so just to let you know which edition and year of EA sports I played.  This edition goes back 12 years to 2006.  I used a combination knock out punch of play selections on my drives.  I built a couple of my own teams also or at least gave them names.  The LA Rangers was a team name, the helmet was like a bandit with dusk mask on his face.  I also built a team named the Warsaw Kentucky Apostles.  I used a yellow helmet with a double edge sword on it.  I sat a few NFL running records.  The most yards for a single running back in a game.  It was great totally awesome.  The game was stopped by the computer when the single game record was broken.

In high school I played kick off team left side end number 81.  Place holder on extra points and field goals.  Offensive tight end, and Defensive Half Back in the secondary.  I got injured and had a serious problem in the 10th grade.  I came back to play again in the 12th grade.  I ran a 5.25 forty yard dash, a 5 and a half minute mile and maybe a 70 second quarter mile.  I could also throw a football nearly 50 yards.  I believe I may have also quarterbacked in the 10th grade or played defensive linebacker.  My mind was blacked out some so I can't remember.  I had great hands and could have been a wide receiver.  So I played some sports more than just pc games.  I golfed later in life at the age of 27 and drove the ball about 275 yards and played around 95 for an average score card of 18 holes.  I benched press about 250 pounds and could squat about 375 pounds.  I never tested my squat for max.  That was at the age of 38.  I would be lucky to bench press 200 pounds today.  My health is poor because of bi polar disorder.

And this my friends is a wrap on the new Troll.  After numerous warnings about starting unnecessary new threads, religious threads in the main forum and responding to existing threads with a new one Startmeup broke the straw with this Uncle Rico/ Al Bundy post.   Maybe in March we would have let it go but enough is enough in November.

I will let you read his last post so you can feel the inner Uncle Rico shine thru one last time. 

• SF2 locked and unlocked this topic

I'm in my 22nd season of a coaching dynasty on EA Sports College Football 03.

Started at Kentucky and won 4 SEC championships, one national championship and lost 3 National Championships in a row to TCU.

Then went to coach Idaho where I won two national championships and got them moved into the PAC 10.

Now I'm in my second season with Ball State at 8-4 heading into the MAC championship game against Temple. Their a veteran squad at the moment. 3 senior QBs that I've played all of the first two seasons. Got a good looking freshman QB who I started the final game of the season against Boston College. He had 487 yards passing about 75 rushing (the kid is pretty quick his speed is a 80) 5 touchdowns overall and 2 picks. He's the starter from here on out. Through the MAC championship game and into whatever bowl game we get. He'll take over next year and probably lead us to go undefeated for a couple years and make that push into the BCS top 2. Going to schedule all non conference games against preseason top 25 ranked schools.

7 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I prefer Pong...the original black and white version.

Yes, but I can't get it to load on Windows 8. I created my own paddles called "The Kentuckyuppers" and gave it a green uniform and yellow helmet with a pair of pong balls and a paddle as a logo. My pong paddle could run the 40 in 4.2 flat, could jump high enough to circumcise eaqles, and was a high school chess champion. I blacked out some, so maybe the chess thing is off. My pong paddle hit the ball so hard it actually broke my TV. It was totally awesome. I was a pong paddle in High School. Of course, at age 30 I started playing disc golf and am driving a Nuke SS around 400 feet, but I never checked my squat for max. Then I was 38. I really like that show Big Mouth on Netflix. But now I would be lucky to be able to drive 200 feet, because all of the weed I smoke makes me want to watch Netflix on the weekends instead.

17 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yes, but I can't get it to load on Windows 8. I created my own paddles called "The Kentuckyuppers" and gave it a green uniform and yellow helmet with a pair of pong balls and a paddle as a logo. My pong paddle could run the 40 in 4.2 flat, could jump high enough to circumcise eaqles, and was a high school chess champion. I blacked out some, so maybe the chess thing is off. My pong paddle hit the ball so hard it actually broke my TV. It was totally awesome. I was a pong paddle in High School. Of course, at age 30 I started playing disc golf and am driving a Nuke SS around 400 feet, but I never checked my squat for max. Then I was 38. I really like that show Big Mouth on Netflix. But now I would be lucky to be able to drive 200 feet, because all of the weed I smoke makes me want to watch Netflix on the weekends instead.

:blink::24:

28 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

My cat's name is Mittens.

Archived