'Marvin Lewis should be fired before the top of the hour!' - Stephen A. l First Take

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2018/11/28/paul-daugherty-column-new-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-jeff-driskel/2140918002/

Good article from Doc and think it touches exactly on what every not only fears, but knows.  It is in all reality not gonna matter how Driskel plays.  Again, Andy is not the only problem or the biggest problem, however as i stated almost a decade of this hamster wheel.  Something has to give.  It is also my belief that even if Driskel plays lights out, it wont matter.  Thats frustrating. 

28 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2018/11/28/paul-daugherty-column-new-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-jeff-driskel/2140918002/

Good article from Doc and think it touches exactly on what every not only fears, but knows.  It is in all reality not gonna matter how Driskel plays.  Again, Andy is not the only problem or the biggest problem, however as i stated almost a decade of this hamster wheel.  Something has to give.  It is also my belief that even if Driskel plays lights out, it wont matter.  Thats frustrating. 

You know things are bad when we're agreeing with P-Douche.  I'd give him more credit if he wasn't beating the same drum when we were 12-4, though.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You know things are bad when we're agreeing with P-Douche.  I'd give him more credit if he wasn't beating the same drum when we were 12-4, though.

Daugherty is predictable.  He even tells you why.  He is only rooting for himself.  His articles are about stirring the pot, getting attention.  If the truth actually sneaks in there occasionally it isn't intentional. 

Here's a theory. Marvin Lewis is completely enamored of his formula, his scheme, his way of football, and could give a flying F about anything else. Being 0-7 in the playoffs isn't the story. Losing in primetime isn't  the story. Losing to the Stealers isn't the story. Losing games we've completely dominated in the first half isn't the story. Why is everyone bitching. Any complaints are just dummies who don't understand football. The formula is superior and that's all that matters. Being defensive coordinator for arguably the greatest defense ever, on one of the most formulaic Super Bowl winners ever, the 2000 Ravens, may have something to do with cementing this in his psyche. I don't know. He does know football. Turning the Bengals from a laughingstock to a perennial playoff contender also probably reinforced his belief in his way of doing things. The problem seems to be the clear ceiling. This scheme never wins playoff games. It never wins games to earn a bye. It rarely wins against the Stealers. These are big games against quality opponents who do things we don't. Play with the score, the clock, and the performance of both teams in mind. His .524 winning percentage doesn't show how many games we lost we should've won. Nor does it show how many meaningless games we won. The Marvin Lewis football model works... to a point. Do we really need more evidence where that point lies? In a sport rife with injuries where 22 men participate in each play, the opportunity for excuses is legion. Besides the playoff futility record, the team is currently setting records for defensive ineptitude. I don't think it will matter. He'll be back. Gametime adjustments are just "more journalism jargon than truth."  Keep your head down. Keep clapping. You've already won. We're running a superior system. Nothing else matters.

46 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Daugherty is predictable.  He even tells you why.  He is only rooting for himself.  His articles are about stirring the pot, getting attention.  If the truth actually sneaks in there occasionally it isn't intentional. 

Wow! I've never seen P-dork summed up so perfectly. Limted to +1.

7 hours ago, saphead said:

P-douche begrudgingly writes about sports and then tells you how he'd rather be doing something more worldly like trying out a new craft beer, cigar bar, or buying a new comb to part his hair down the middle of his head. 

Or raking leaves.

20 hours ago, saphead said:

P-douche begrudgingly writes about sports and then tells you how he'd rather be doing something more worldly like trying out a new craft beer, cigar bar, or buying a new comb to part his hair down the middle of his head. 

he is trying so hard to be like Peter King. There was a decent hack up Dayton years ago that did the "would doing yard work be a better use of your time" schtick.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think Stephen A should have Marv as a guest.

I would pay good money to see that. Smith would scream at him and Marvin wouldrepeatedly answer with some snarky comment and his Barney Rubble laugh.

Archived