Buh Bye, Marvin?

10 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

26 years and counting, by golly I am right and you never ever will be.  Are you bipolar?  Not that it is a bad thing, but just asking for a friend.

:okay-min:

After all these years, are you and I still in this rubbish about being "right"? It's like two old guys on the front porch, year after year contending over the quality of material used in repairing Highway 12. I ceased with it years ago. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I don’t gamble, kindly explain these odds in layman’s terms. 

YES +170 = You bet $100 and win $170 if you're right

NO  -250 =  You bet $250 and win $100 if you're right

So for whatever reason, they don't think Hue gets the job.  I think they might be giving MB too much credit but let's hope they know something we don't.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

YES +170 = You bet $100 and win $170 if you're right

NO  -250 =  You bet $250 and win $100 if you're right

So for whatever reason, they don't think Hue gets the job.  I think they might be giving MB too much credit but let's hope they know something we don't.

My guess is they figure 1 more year of Marvin at least.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, High School Harry said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994239/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-future-in-doubt-andy-dalton-set-to-return?campaign=Twitter_atn

Marvin Lewis' Bengals future in doubt; Dalton set to return in '19

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
  • 0ap1000000022400.jpg
  • By Ian Rapoport

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton's season has ended on injured reserve, but his future for 2019 is secure. Sources say the starter is expected to be back next season, and his thumb surgery won't change that.

The status of his head coach is much more in doubt.

Cincinnati generated headlines last year when they brought back Marvin Lewis on what was announced as a two-year contract. As owner Mike Brown said, "we have full confidence in Marvin to re-establish winning football in 2018."

What the Bengals did not do, sources now say, was commit to Lewis beyond this season. Though billed as a two-year contract, the belief is it's actually a one-year deal with a team option for 2019. That essentially means the Bengals can walk away from Lewis without a monetary penalty following the season. 

"Our standard and normal response to inquiries about contract details is that we do not disclose details about our contracts with players or coaches," a team spokesman said.

As we learned last year, it's too early in the season to know for sure whether or not Lewis' 16-year run is over. The thought last year was Lewis was done in Cincy before the Bengals won their final two games and Lewis saved himself.

With potential successor Hue Jackson in the building, Lewis also could move to the front office. That's a possibility.

The Bengals were 4-1 at one point this season. But thanks in part to an incredible number of injuries, they've now lost three in a row. Still, it's fair to say Lewis' future is in doubt.

Deja vu. Here come the reports that Marvin won't be back next season. There will be more speculation reported as fact. Though I think that there is a chance that Marvin gets promoted and Hue takes over. Which will be just as shitty, if not somehow worse.

31 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Deja vu. Here come the reports that Marvin won't be back next season. There will be more speculation reported as fact. Though I think that there is a chance that Marvin gets promoted and Hue takes over. Which will be just as shitty, if not somehow worse.

I can see the presser now...

https://youtu.be/komuDnY8OEA

5 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Not trying to turn this into a Dalton thread...and obviously management is an issue...

Is the roster 'attractive' to potential HC candidates?   

Only ones who would take any NFL HC job. As far as the top candidates I would think only as a last resort.  It’s not a Dalton issue, it’s purely management and location IMHO. 

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe that would be good?  Constant & total humiliation might be the only thing to get MB to give it up.

Didn't work in 2002. All that happened was that they hired ML, and it took Katie's kids getting teased at school to accomplish that. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Only ones who would take any NFL HC job. As far as the top candidates I would think only as a last resort.  It’s not a Dalton issue, it’s purely management and location IMHO. 

Yes, any good HC candidate will have examined the team and organization and have 20 recommendations - Mikey will accept 1 or 2 then the candidate will shake his hand and walk away. 

This team is built to fail so any HC candidate will be foolish to come here unless he wants to milk a few million for a number of years and not worry about winning. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

This.  What HC with a good reputation would take a job for average or less money, no indoor practice facility, and a cheap old fool who thinks he knows something about football as a boss?

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  What HC with a good reputation would take a job for average or less money, no indoor practice facility, and a cheap old fool who thinks he knows something about football as a boss?

One who is so full of himself that he thinks he can turn it around despite the cheap old fool. 

56 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

One who is so full of himself that he thinks he can turn it around despite the cheap old fool. 

Or a guy who wants to make 3 to 4 mil a year for a few years worst case.  Maybe someone like Dartmouth’s wide receiver’s coach?

Archived