Buh Bye, Marvin?

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It's Chucky's franchise...it was from the day they hired him. Reggie being tossed was a formality. 

Probably had nothing to do with losing Mack or trading away a 1st round bust WR to Dallas.  I am sure Chucky has it under control, besides they beat the Stealers yesterday so I am on board.

The Raiders are doing exactly what the Bengals should be doing (and should have a long time ago). To hell with being a potential 8-8 team, with a slight chance of slipping in to the post season, that isn't good enough. Instead of just riding it out for a decade, rip the band aid off and start building again. 

I am not saying Gruden was the right guy but he has done what he had to do.  The Raiders did not give him a $100 million-10 year contract to become a 9-7 team or 10-6 team every year.  He was brought in to make the Raiders a Super Bowl contender.  He probably realizes he has 3-4 years to really show major improvement and acquiring high draft picks is his best chance.  Of course it is really going to depend if he hits on those picks. 

13 hours ago, BengalsOwn said:

The Raiders are doing exactly what the Bengals should be doing (and should have a long time ago). To hell with being a potential 8-8 team, with a slight chance of slipping in to the post season, that isn't good enough. Instead of just riding it out for a decade, rip the band aid off and start building again. 

We might by default of Dalton and Green being IRed doing that as I'm not sure we win another game this year.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

That guy's definitely cheap if he has all that money, but still cuts his own hair.

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I hope he didn't pay someone else to fuck his shit up like that

Actually the article talks about how "loyal to a fault" this guy is.  Sound familiar?  Anyway, as part of that "loyalty", he travels 400 miles to get his hair cut by the same guy that's been doing it for years.  A former player suggested that the guy has only had 3 barbers since college. 

Another interesting and familiar oddity: he drives a white 1997 Dodge Caravan SE outfitted with a bubble-top Mark III conversion kit, a VHS player mounted to the roof inside and a r8hers personalized plate.  Party on Garth!

Seems like a character from an Adam Sandler movie.

Old Bad-haircut Mark was clever enough to land an almost $2billion mega-stadium deal in the desert--and get the state of Nevada to pay for a third of it. Where have I heard that before? :glare:

Chucky's W-L totals for the foreseeable future, are irrelevant. He, along with desert Super-Stadium, will occupy enough interest to more than pay for his paltry salary. 

Archived