TheThe Good (such as it is), The Bad and the Ugly, Broncos Style

Good: Joe Mixon, once again averaging WAY over 5YPC with 6.8 YPC...on 12 lonely carries. With only 3 receptions as well. We're not riding him like Zeke with a backup QB because why again? Can ANYONE explain why Mixon isn't involved more in our offense as the best option, especially when AJ Green gets carted off the field? Bueller?

Bad: Driskel, the oline and offensive playcalling. Driskel was doomed from the start. Fear of their pass rush led to a very conservative passing offense led by Driskel. FFS man, take the cuffs off, you're fucking 5-6 and at home. Let the guy ramble. Lamar Jackson remains healthy and torched the Falcons with his legs. Where were the RPO's? The option? The Rats are running a high school offense with Jackson! Why cannot we do something similar with a QB that ran a 4.45 at the combine..as a fucking QB no less!

The Ugly: Marvin Lewis and our defense. Jesus Christ is the Emperor without clothes.  Marvin is this supposed badass d-coordinator with skillz that kill but without Ray Lewis, Marvin is just a guy. I feared as much after his brief stint with Spurrier and the Foreskins and now it's true, he's a nobody as a coach of any kind. His players just aren't listening to what he is saying. He's lost them and if he had any modicum of respect for himself OR the team he'd recuse himself immediately. Guess what's not going to happen next. He's a fucking NFL Reports punchline at this point.

Ugliest: Marvin fired or moved to the FO and Hue becomes our coach. Seems preordained. I'm out until they start acting like they want to win games again.

Good: Mixon and Boyd, got a free almost new snowblower. Guy in neighborhood was throwing it away, just needed clean fuel.  Ross had 2 more catches for 13 yards!!

I actually would rather they they not ride Mixon at this point. Fat lady has sung. No reason to blow him up with massive carries. 

Bad and and Ugly: Not much left to say, Bung pretty much covered it. 

The Ugly:

Mike Brown Ownership Stats*:

• Overall record, counting regular season and playoffs: 185-263-3 (0.410)
  • Seasons with a winning record: 7 out of 28 (0.250)
  • Division championships: 4 out of 28 (0.143)
  • Playoff record: 0-7 (0.000)
  • Consecutive seasons without a winning record: 14 (1991-2004)
  • Consecutive seasons with only one winning record: 18 (1991-2008)
  • Seasons with double-digit losses: 9 going on 10 out of 28 (0.357)
  • Back-to-back non-winning seasons: 17 out of 27 (0.630)
  • Current streak of non-winning seasons: 3

*Pulled from pro-fooball-reference.com. Credit pstchostats from a different site. 

Good: Mixon and Boyd

Bad; Defense, Although the actually played very well in the first half. They just ran out of gas

Ugly: AJ's toe injury. I hate to say it but he may never be the same player again. Big toe injuries are just as bad as high ankle sprains because they truly never heal

1 minute ago, SmoothD said:

Good: Mixon and Boyd

Bad; Defense, Although the actually played very well in the first half. They just ran out of gas

Ugly: AJ's toe injury. I hate to say it but he may never be the same player again. Big toe injuries are just as bad as high ankle sprains because they truly never heal

As far as the defense, for as much shit as Kirkpatrick gets, last week he was out the whole game and the D got torched, yesterday the D looked pretty solid until Dre went out and a play or two later Phillips got torched. Not a big Dre fan, just think he deserves more credit than he gets here.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

As far as the defense, for as much shit as Kirkpatrick gets, last week he was out the whole game and the D got torched, yesterday the D looked pretty solid until Dre went out and a play or two later Phillips got torched. Not a big Dre fan, just think he deserves more credit than he gets here.

I agree. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Ugly:

Mike Brown Ownership Stats*:

• Overall record, counting regular season and playoffs: 185-263-3 (0.410)
  • Seasons with a winning record: 7 out of 28 (0.250)
  • Division championships: 4 out of 28 (0.143)
  • Playoff record: 0-7 (0.000)
  • Consecutive seasons without a winning record: 14 (1991-2004)
  • Consecutive seasons with only one winning record: 18 (1991-2008)
  • Seasons with double-digit losses: 9 going on 10 out of 28 (0.357)
  • Back-to-back non-winning seasons: 17 out of 27 (0.630)
  • Current streak of non-winning seasons: 3

*Pulled from pro-fooball-reference.com. Credit pstchostats from a different site. 

I hate to be dismal (Driskmal?), but Mike Brown will never step down and that is the only chance we have. It is not because he only cares about making money and doesn't care about winning. That's a lazy argument. The problem is that he doesn't know how to win and is too stubborn to relinquish full control to somebody that does. Even though he would look smart hiring somebody that creates the team that finally wins the big one. But he wants to prove that he can get his team to the Super Bowl like his dad did. But he's too stubborn and selfish to realize that he is not football smart enough to ever pull that off.

20 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

As much as I hate to agree with you, I do. (somehow that came out wrong)

Ref the ends of careers for Archie Griffin and Jack Lambert with turf toe.

That thing will ache on cold, rainy days for the rest of his life.

I think Burfict was pulled in the second half and Hardly Nickerson put in.

I don't think Burfict is with the team next year.

Too many shots to the head and the body worn out.

I think he did hit one guy helmet to helmet and nothing was called

but wonder if he will get fined, anyway.

Marvin Lewis has actually sucked the life out of the team, the fans (US!) and the entire city.

The only thing I can see him doing next season with the Bengals is running around in the tiger costume.

Hue can sell cotton candy in the stands and hold the tray up in front of your face during critical plays.

1 hour ago, saphead said:

Good: I fell asleep during the game

Bad: I don't really care 

Glorious: These inbred hicks.   https://twitter.com/i/status/1069451273370562560

LOL, dudes bitch was trying to throw punches guy just laughing and deflecting. 

Forgot one Good: Stealers totally got hosed by the refs on one td and watching a Stealer corner break up a certain INT in the end zone by Joe Haden (his own teammate) by hitting him in the helmet which caused the ball to pop up and be caught for a Bolt td was an early Xmas present. 

Watching them lose on a do-over of a missed last-second FG was pretty sweet. Rapebuger was having himself a giggle after the miss, it was great. Pretty sure a guy was offsides on the 2nd attempt too but SD didn't need a 3rd.

Of course the flip side being Pittsburgh is having a down year, the AFC in general is wide open with even 8-8 looking like a reasonable shot at a WC, yet our once 4-1 team will be lucky to win another game.. Even against the Stoolers 2nd string.

3 hours ago, saphead said:

Good: I fell asleep during the game

Bad: I don't really care 

Glorious: These inbred hicks.   https://twitter.com/i/status/1069451273370562560

That was great.

You ever see more than one article on a major sports page bitching about the refs for any other team? Via Bleacher Report:

Illegal Block on Return TD?

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Watching them lose on a do-over of a missed last-second FG was pretty sweet. Rapebuger was having himself a giggle after the miss, it was great. Pretty sure a guy was offsides on the 2nd attempt too but SD didn't need a 3rd.

Of course the flip side being Pittsburgh is having a down year, the AFC in general is wide open with even 8-8 looking like a reasonable shot at a WC, yet our once 4-1 team will be lucky to win another game.. Even against the Stoolers 2nd string.

Actually, they were offsides on first which was missed, off sides on second which was blocked, and offsides on 3rd which the Bolts made.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Actually, they were offsides on first which was missed, off sides on second which was blocked, and offsides on 3rd which the Bolts made.

Just a tough, disciplined Stiller footbaw team Doing Things the Right Way.

I hope it's the L that keeps them out of the playoffs. 

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Just a tough, disciplined Stiller footbaw team Doing Things the Right Way.

I hope it's the L that keeps them out of the playoffs. 

Doubt if it keeps them out of the playoffs but it could very well

make their game with us significant.  To them.

Not sure how this works but a flex to prime time?

Frigid Sunday night the day before New Years Eve?

Thank God its away.

Regardless of when it is played, it will still be valuable to the

Squeels.

IF we would pull off the upset, I would lighten up on Marvin.

However... I think I'm fairly safe.

Archived