Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Catfish Bob

Chargers Week and Predictions

Recommended Posts

Is their any prayer that we can win?

 

Has this team already quit?

 

Who shows up and gives 100% effort in this one? A few or many?

 

Is Marv, Hue and Lazor working feverishly into the night watching film? Drawing up those few plays that could win the game? 

Are the receviers and Driskel spending many extra hours working on their timing? 

Is Driskel sleeping at lazors so that he can eat, sleep and drink this offense?

 

 

I know my boy Driskel is going to give it all he's got. Question is will he be a lone effort. We know Boyd will always show out. 

 

In a stunning upset

Bengals 41

Chargers 16

Mixon 32 carries (lazor finally gets it, the kid is a monster) 200+ total

Rivers 3int

Driskel 300+ total

Post game Tate compared to the likes of Michael Irvin and Terrell Owens. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably another loss, but it will not be because they "quit". They never did last season--or the one before that--so they certainly will not now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to the first question. No, not a prayer! I wouldn't bet on us if we were getting 21 pts! My confidence as a fan in this team winning now is at an all time low. All things considered, this team is in disaster mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Probably another loss, but it will not be because they "quit". They never did last season--or the one before that--so they certainly will not now. 

The problem is the players we need to step up and lead this team to  victory are on IR or inactive. This was always going to be a very difficult game healthy.

 

What we have left is that one kid every SAY soccer or REC baseball coach has on his team. Kid busts his ass and does everything you ask of him, unfortunately he is nowhere close to good compared to the other kids. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game reminds me of when Coslet was the HC and we went to Baltimore and got spanked. Coslet quit when he got back in town. ML won't. Seems that even during the lost decade of the 90s there was constant chatter about SoP and the Bengals. Other than Cincinnati.com writers Bengals don't seem relevant anymore. Bengals have become just a punchline for jokes about Cincinnati. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the type of game they could pull out.. they have no business winning it..

 

but I say

 

Bengals 17

Chargers 35

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bengals will be one of the biggest underdogs they’ve ever been under Marvin Lewis when they face the Chargers in Week 14.

Oddsmakers have Los Angeles favored by a whopping 14 points. You rarely see an NFL spread reach 10+ points, let alone a full two touchdowns. But things have gotten very bleak in the Queen City, mostly due to an onslaught of injuries to key players.

In the last two weeks, the Bengals have lost quarterback Andy Dalton and receiver A.J. Green to season-ending injuries. That’s after other star players like tight end Tyler Eifert, defensive end Carl Lawson, and linebacker Preston Brown for the year. 

Then you’ve got the fact that more key guys like left tackle Cordy Glenn, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick and linebacker Vontaze Burfict who are banged up and could miss this week. 

Of all these players, that’s eight of their 15-20 best players coming into the season. Losing that much talent would cripple any team.

Making matters worse are the Chargers are one of the NFL’s best teams at 9-3, which is tied for the fourth best record in the entire league.

Did we mention this game is in Los Angeles? 

All of this is the recipe for why the Chargers are one of the biggest favorites you’ll see in the entire 2018 NFL season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

this is the type of game they could pull out.. they have no business winning it..

 

but I say

 

Bengals 17

Chargers 35

Yeah, normally I'm always optimistic with our team! Not feeling it at all presently. I'm thinking 40ish to maybe 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Who shows up and gives 100% effort in this one? A few or many?

At least on D - It's not a lack of effort. In fact, guys are trying to do too much and doing all of it poorly. Dunlap is losing contain trying to win the game single handed, etc...

The real question - Will Marvin and Hue be able to restore teamwork, accountability, etc...?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

At least on D - It's not a lack of effort. In fact, guys are trying to do too much and doing all of it poorly. Dunlap is losing contain trying to win the game single handed, etc...

The real question - Will Marvin and Hue be able to restore teamwork, accountability, etc...?

And the real answer is NO....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The real question - Will Marvin and Hue be able to restore teamwork, accountability, etc...?

“One can not restore what one never possessed “ ~ Yoda or the blind monk on Kung Fu I think. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the "Silver Linings" fantasy league, where teams get 2 points for every false start and 3 points for each block in the back, the Bengals will roll to another resounding win thus making them 13-0 in the Moral Victory Division.

 

Chargers 35

Bengals 20

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

My prediction is that the "Good, Bad, and Ugly" thread for this game can simply be titled "Bad and Ugly"...

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

In the "Silver Linings" fantasy league, where teams get 2 points for every false start and 3 points for each block in the back, the Bengals will roll to another resounding win thus making them 13-0 in the Moral Victory Division.

 

Chargers 35

Bengals 20

Just noticed your User Name...classic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of the injuries they had going into the game last week, they look like they will be missing Burfict, Flagpatrick and potentially Mixon. On defense, the Bengals currently rank:

 

32nd In Total Defense

32nd In Points Per Game

32nd In Rushing Yards Per Game

31st In Passing Yards Per Game

 

Chargers-42

Bengals-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The Bengals will be one of the biggest underdogs they’ve ever been under Marvin Lewis when they face the Chargers in Week 14.

Oddsmakers have Los Angeles favored by a whopping 14 points. You rarely see an NFL spread reach 10+ points, let alone a full two touchdowns. But things have gotten very bleak in the Queen City, mostly due to an onslaught of injuries to key players.

In the last two weeks, the Bengals have lost quarterback Andy Dalton and receiver A.J. Green to season-ending injuries. That’s after other star players like tight end Tyler Eifert, defensive end Carl Lawson, and linebacker Preston Brown for the year. 

Then you’ve got the fact that more key guys like left tackle Cordy Glenn, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick and linebacker Vontaze Burfict who are banged up and could miss this week. 

Of all these players, that’s eight of their 15-20 best players coming into the season. Losing that much talent would cripple any team.

Making matters worse are the Chargers are one of the NFL’s best teams at 9-3, which is tied for the fourth best record in the entire league.

Did we mention this game is in Los Angeles? 

All of this is the recipe for why the Chargers are one of the biggest favorites you’ll see in the entire 2018 NFL season.

I think the biggest spread thus far this season was the cheifs -17 at Cardinals. My little buddy at work bet 10k cheifs moneyline. So he risked 10k to win 1k. Lol dude was at Bw3 looking like he could fall into a coma because it was a very close game but cheifs won and he hit the money line bet. 

 

Never ever bet on the Bengals. Only against. I don't care if their getting 50. Historically one of the worst sports teams to bet on throughout the entire world of sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I think the biggest spread thus far this season was the cheifs -17 at Cardinals. My little buddy at work bet 10k cheifs moneyline. So he risked 10k to win 1k. Lol dude was at Bw3 looking like he could fall into a coma because it was a very close game but cheifs won and he hit the money line bet. 

 

Never ever bet on the Bengals. Only against. I don't care if their getting 50. Historically one of the worst sports teams to bet on throughout the entire world of sports. 

So your prediction:

Bengals 41

Chargers 16

 

is out the window?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

At least on D - It's not a lack of effort. In fact, guys are trying to do too much and doing all of it poorly. Dunlap is losing contain trying to win the game single handed, etc...

The real question - Will Marvin and Hue be able to restore teamwork, accountability, etc...?

 

 

ha ha ha.. that's some funny shit right there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Dalton Sighting...

 

Not sure why this isn't publicized, and I have mentioned it before, but every Thursday from 6:00-8:00

WLW Radio does a show with Andy from Belterra Casino (old River Downs).  I wasn't sure if he would

be there last evening but went to see.

He was.

No cast or bandage or anything like that, looked fairly normal.

Has the surgery happened yet?

He also had that ridiculous Lego woodpecker hair do greased

and combed over to the side so it merely looked like bright red roadkill

on his noggin.

 

If you go, they have one of the best burgers in town at the Burger Brothers

place by the rear entrance to the casinos.

I always get the Philly Cheese Burger combo with onion rings and a soda from

the programable Coke machine.

Reasonable, too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midway thru the 2nd quarter Phillip Rivers is pulled for Dan Fouts, who hobbles down from the announcers booth and promptly goes 18-25-215, 2 TDs and no picks. The highlight is a 60 yard bomb to an arthritic Charlie Joiner, who scores  on a "Go" route beating Dre Kirkpatrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gupps said:

Midway thru the 2nd quarter Phillip Rivers is pulled for Dan Fouts, who hobbles down from the announcers booth and promptly goes 18-25-215, 2 TDs and no picks. The highlight is a 60 yard bomb to an arthritic Charlie Joiner, who scores  on a "Go" route beating Dre Kirkpatrick.

And Dre's dreadlocks go flying around as he emphatically argues with the refs that Charlie pushed off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only chance the Bengals have is it’s been “raining” here for a couple days so they have that advantage. I was going to switch with my coworker to go watch it (I’m like 10 minutes from Stubhub Center) but why the hell would I want to continue spending money to see this shit show of yet another season?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×