First 2019 mock

Rd1. Dwayne Haskins.qb osu. A lot of people want qb so I added him. Personally I would go Devin white here

Rd2. Chris Lindstrom guard Boston college my guard 2 hope he's still around at this point. 

Rd3. Cameron Smith ilb usc

Rd4. Juan thornhill ss Virginia

Rd5. Kj hill osu wr special teams elite and replaces cody core. Has elite hands never dropped a open pass in his career.

Rd6 Khalil Hodge lber buffalo. One of my favorite players in this draft

Rd6 Quinn nordin k michigian. A kicker with a strong leg who can consistently hit 50+ yard fgs.

Rd7:adderly nassur CB deleware. One of the best and most underrated CBS in this class.

What you guys think? Tried to get instant impact guys and most importantly get nickerson off the field.

31 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Rd1. Dwayne Haskins.qb osu. A lot of people want qb so I added him. Personally I would go Devin white here

Rd2. Chris Lindstrom guard Boston college my guard 2 hope he's still around at this point. 

Rd3. Cameron Smith ilb usc

Rd4. Juan thornhill ss Virginia

Rd5. Kj hill osu wr special teams elite and replaces cody core. Has elite hands never dropped a open pass in his career.

Rd6 Khalil Hodge lber buffalo. One of my favorite players in this draft

Rd6 Quinn nordin k michigian. A kicker with a strong leg who can consistently hit 50+ yard fgs.

Rd7:adderly nassur CB deleware. One of the best and most underrated CBS in this class.

What you guys think? Tried to get instant impact guys and most importantly get nickerson off the field.

wrong forum and I don't particular care for it.

I don't want a qb in the first round but I can see them doing it.

And regretting it.

Would rather go OLT or Lb

No guard in the second.

OT or LB here, whichever was not taken in the first.

It there is a psycho killer Center here, I would be OK with that

and move Billy to guard.

Trade up to mid second, maybe and look for a qb there

if a good one is sliding.

I would address O line and Linebacker first.

I guess it depends on whether or not we lose out for the season.

if we can get in the top 6-7ish range we might have a slim shot due to the fact that I think Haskins will be the first QB taken when all is said and done.

maybe not first overall pick due to his limited experience, but I definitely think his arm talent is going to pop off the charts and teams will quickly get enamored.

God only knows who the d-cord is going to be next season but I would absolutely love to get my hands on Josh Allen.

My guess, if we end up in the top 8 or so, would be Justin Herbert or whoever the top CB on the board is if you're gonna hold a gun to my head.

Quinnen Williams would probably be my dream pick...dude is a game wrecker. 

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

And regretting it.

No guard in the second.

and move Billy to guard.

Why move Billy to guard? So we can go through the same growing pains with a rookie center again next year? Or have you seen something in his game that makes you think he's physically incapable? (heh)

Even if we lose out I get the feeling Haskins will be gone before we pick. 

The only way I see us going QB in 1 is if no one on the current staff is the head coach next year.  If we take a QB in 1 I'm trading Dalton on draft day for a 2.

Got to get a starting OT in this draft.

On 12/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, High School Harry said:

And regretting it.

No guard in the second.

and move Billy to guard.

Guard is more of a need than tackle sicnce we don't play westerman.. and I love. White in the first.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:37 PM, spicoli said:

I guess it depends on whether or not we lose out for the season.

if we can get in the top 6-7ish range we might have a slim shot due to the fact that I think Haskins will be the first QB taken when all is said and done.

maybe not first overall pick due to his limited experience, but I definitely think his arm talent is going to pop off the charts and teams will quickly get enamored.

God only knows who the d-cord is going to be next season but I would absolutely love to get my hands on Josh Allen.

My guess, if we end up in the top 8 or so, would be Justin Herbert or whoever the top CB on the board is if you're gonna hold a gun to my head.

Quinnen Williams would probably be my dream pick...dude is a game wrecker. 

I'd say Ed Oliver is more of a shot that Williams.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:00 PM, Le Tigre said:

Is this where somebody is supposed to say "it doesn't matter who is drafted here, because..."? 

Can we just say that predicting draft spots in December is idiotic? 

Every year it changes with the Senior Bowl, Combine, etc... There's at least one guy in the first round who is going to be a day 3 pick and vice-versa. And we're going to sit here and talk about exactly which spot in the second a guy is going to be available in?

Debate players all you want... But trying to do mock drafts at this point is as premature as me making a post talking about which states Joe Biden is going to win in 2020.

On 12/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, High School Harry said:

And regretting it.

No guard in the second.

and move Billy to guard.

If it's any indication, OSU's Michael Jordan was named 1st team All American Center by multiple publications.

As for QB, if Marvin is fired and we can get a top QB in 1 and trade Dalton for a late 1 or 2 I'd take that.

I can't find it now but as of now, the Bengals have the 11th pick in the draft (and rising).

Someone pointed out that eight of the top bottom teams already have a quarterback of the future.

Therefore, I can see the Bengals taking a quarterback (which I do NOT want) with the 11th pick

via the "best player available" turnip often used

rather than a killer linebacker like Devin White (if he is still there) or top OT.

Hey, I would trade UP for one we are in such dire need.

Speaking of trade, I fully expect them to trade down for more draft picks.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I can't find it now but as of now, the Bengals have the 11th pick in the draft (and rising).

Someone pointed out that eight of the top bottom teams already have a quarterback of the future.

Therefore, I can see the Bengals taking a quarterback (which I do NOT want) with the 11th pick

rather than a killer linebacker like Devin White (if he is still there) or top OT.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/12/18138093/2019-nfl-mock-draft-lsu-tigers-football-devin-white-bengals-ed-oliver

As the NFL playoff picture becomes more and more clear, the top of the NFL Draft order also becomes more and more predictable. 

With just three weeks left in the regular season, the Bengals are currently just outside the top 10 of the current draft order, but it’s looking like this upcoming draft class will have plenty of blue-chip prospects to pick from. In Todd McShay’s (ESPN) first mock draft of the season, he slots a familiar name for the Bengals:

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Devin White, LB, LSU Tigers

Hunting for a three-down linebacker? Lucky for Cincy, the best one in the draft is sitting on the board at No. 11. The Bengals really want a explosive playmaker of this caliber at the second level of their defense.

CBS Sports’ most recent mock draft also has White landing in Cincinnati. A little more than a month ago, SB Nation NFL Draft editor Dan Kadar slotted White for the Bengals in his midseason mock draft. Cincinnati was picking 24th in the draft order at that time, so you can see how Whiteand the Bengals are trending in different directions.

But is White worth taking over Houston Cougars defensive tackle Ed Oliver, whom McShay mocked a pick later to the Browns at 12th overall?

In his junior season, White tallied 54 solo tackles, 12 tackles-for-loss, three sacks, five pass deflections and two forced fumbles. Those 54 solo tackles made up 14 percent of LSU’s total solo tackles on the year, which puts him in great company from a market share perspective and is a mark you want a linebacker you’re drafting in the first round to hit.

The Bengals’ need at linebacker has not diminished in the last month as Vontaze Burfict proves to be more and more unreliable and the rest of the group is underwhelming at best. Third-year Nick Vigil remains a solid player and second-year player Jordan Evans has his moments, but those two cannot be your team’s best two linebackers. Adding White between the two of them along with Malik Jefferson would round out the position group nicely.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, Jpoore said:

Guard is more of a need than tackle sicnce we don't play westerman.. and I love. White in the first.

I'd say Ed Oliver is more of a shot that Williams.

Williams will be the higher rated player so you're probably right.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:00 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

Debate players all you want... But trying to do mock drafts at this point is as premature as me making a post talking about which states Joe Biden is going to win in 2020.

so would you rather talk about our wonderful football team?

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I can see the logic of trying to fix the team around Andy.  I was in that club.  And I wouldn't be terribly upset if they went that way.

But I was watching the Baltimore at Kansas City game this past weekend.  Mahomes made a throw that lead to KC winning that game that Andy couldn't make in his dreams.  Andy is a good QB, and given the right supporting cast, and a better coaching staff could win a playoff game or 4.  But a better QB could take this team up another level.  What is better for this team long term?  Answer that question and make the right pick.

24 minutes ago, spicoli said:

so would you rather talk about our wonderful football team?

No, talk about the draftees... But stop with the whole "This guy is a #6 pick" stuff.

For instance, I can say "hey would Joe Biden or Kamala Harris be a better candidate?" without jumping off the deep end of saying "I see Joe Biden winning North Dakota, Michigan, and Rhode Island! And he's going to have Romney as his running mate so Utah is a lock too!"

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can see the logic of trying to fix the team around Andy.  I was in that club.  And I wouldn't be terribly upset if they went that way.

But I was watching the Baltimore at Kansas City game this past weekend.  Mahomes made a throw that lead to KC winning that game that Andy couldn't make in his dreams.  Andy is a good QB, and given the right supporting cast, and a better coaching staff could win a playoff game or 4.  But a better QB could take this team up another level.  What is better for this team long term?  Answer that question and make the right pick.

Agree, but I would build this year and draft a qb in the first round next.

New coach (hopefully not Hue), new quarterback and strong OL.

I don't want David Klingler deja vu all over again.

He fell apart immediately spending all his time running for his life

and an all pro wide receiver named Pickens half assing it pouting

because his attitude dropped him into the second round.

A good quarterback in the second or more of a project with potential in the third,

go for it.  A top quarterback now is not going to take us to the next level but

one with a solid team could be the next Mahomes.

JMHO.  I just don't want to spend next season watching a rookie qb get

beaten into brain numb PTSD for the rest of his career.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Agree, but I would build this year and draft a qb in the first round next.

New coach (hopefully not Hue), new quarterback and strong OL.

I don't want David Klingler deja vu all over again.

He fell apart immediately spending all his time running for his life

and an all pro wide receiver named Pickens half assing it pouting

because his attitude dropped him into the second round.

A good quarterback in the second or more of a project with potential in the third,

go for it.  A top quarterback now is not going to take us to the next level but

one with a solid team could be the next Mahomes.

JMHO.  I just don't want to spend next season watching a rookie qb get

beaten into brain numb PTSD for the rest of his career.

Our O-line needs to be better for sure.  But it's a LOT better than the one that got Klingler shell shocked. This line is good enough that it won't lead to David Carr Syndrome.  But it surely needs to be better to win consistently.

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

No, talk about the draftees... But stop with the whole "This guy is a #6 pick" stuff.

For instance, I can say "hey would Joe Biden or Kamala Harris be a better candidate?" without jumping off the deep end of saying "I see Joe Biden winning North Dakota, Michigan, and Rhode Island! And he's going to have Romney as his running mate so Utah is a lock too!"

no truer words.

still tho..

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Our O-line needs to be better for sure.  But it's a LOT better than the one that got Klingler shell shocked. This line is good enough that it won't lead to David Carr Syndrome.  But it surely needs to be better to win consistently.

The '93 line still had Walter, Kozerski, and Ken Moyer. It also had stumble bums like Rayam and Tom Scott. All things being equal, Klingler was a fish out of water in a non-run-and-gun offense. The line, while substandard, was not the reason Dave got bounced around. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

The '93 line still had Walter, Kozerski, and Ken Moyer. It also had stumble bums like Rayam and Tom Scott. All things being equal, Klingler was a fish out of water in a non-run-and-gun offense. The line, while substandard, was not the reason Dave got bounced around. 

Don’t forget Klingler held out and showed up VERY late to camp.  We are talking late August.  Boomer was still the QB and was pissed Klingler got drafted  so Klingler never got the support of the team.

There were stories that Klingler ate lunch in his car because nobody would sit or talk to him.  He didnt start until the 13th game his rookie year. Missing almost all of camp and Boomer being a Douche really sealed his fate. 

19 hours ago, SF2 said:

Missing almost all of camp and Boomer being a Douche really sealed his fate. 

that and the fact that he was sacked NINE times in his first ever NFL start...his goose was seriously cooked after that beat down. 

Archived