Hey, Drama Queens.

To those of you here and sports writers that probably won't see this that think that this stretch is remotely comparable to the dark ages of the 90s and early 2000s. You must not have been there. You are probably trying to quantify howbadthe team is, thinking that it will invoke changes. Spoiler: It won't.

This team would be competing for a playoff spot if it wasn't decimated with injuries. The 90s teams never had injury problems. You never had to worry about somebody getting hurt since there was no chance of being competitive with the healthy team. 

Anybody that would seriously compare this team to the dismal 90s lose any credibility that they might have had. People just love to kick the bengals when they're down (Actually when they're up also). The 1-35 turds team got more respect than we do.

lol

it's not like the 90's but it still sucks.

Whats the difference between 2-14 and 8-8 and not it the playoffs?

a worse draft pick is the only thing

ole marv needs to go... but who gives a fuck, nothing will ever change until MFB is gone or sells the cash cow...

23 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

lol

ole marv needs to go... but who gives a fuck, nothing will ever change until MFB is gone or sells the cash cow...

I'm not saying this team doesn't suck, but saying we are back to the 90s era is silly. And the difference is that there is hope every season. There was absolute zero in the 90s. But maybe having hope is worse since it's routinely crushed.

So to clarify, I am not saying that everything is awesome, which should be obvious. I'm saying that comparing this team to the 90s is just plain stupid. If you think that, you weren't there.

33 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

lol

Also, the draft pick has never made any difference either. So may as well win more games.

I was there in the 90s. And at one point during today's game I felt I was back there. 

Think it was because of the cold weather out. Late 4 clock game. Was already dark outside by about halftime. Was in my garage messing with some old wood that might of been milled back in the 90s. 

Bengals hanging in one that no one gave them a prayer on. Only to bungal that chit in the upmost bungal fashion. Yuppp. 

14 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

I was there in the 90s. And at one point during today's game I felt I was back there. 

Think it was because of the cold weather out. Late 4 clock game. Was already dark outside by about halftime. Was in my garage messing with some old wood that might of been milled back in the 90s. 

Bengals hanging in one that no one gave them a prayer on. Only to bungal that chit in the upmost bungal fashion. Yuppp. 

Every time they're underdogs and lose a close game, they're the 90s bengals. Check.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

To those of you here and sports writers that probably won't see this that think that this stretch is remotely comparable to the dark ages of the 90s and early 2000s. You must not have been there. You are probably trying to quantify howbadthe team is, thinking that it will invoke changes. Spoiler: It won't.

This team would be competing for a playoff spot if it wasn't decimated with injuries. The 90s teams never had injury problems. You never had to worry about somebody getting hurt since there was no chance of being competitive with the healthy team. 

Anybody that would seriously compare this team to the dismal 90s lose any credibility that they might have had. People just love to kick the bengals when they're down (Actually when they're up also). The 1-35 turds team got more respect than we do.

meh.....

At times this recent incarnation of the team is more troublesome than the 90's version. The 90's version we expected to lose. This team does have talent. That's why frustration levels are so high. Yes, injuries are a huge factor this year. Give any team in the league the same injuries to the same positions and they too would struggle.

Having said that, this team is regressing and fast. The talent is aging and in some cases regressing and it feels very much like they are sliding backward, even with the injuries accounted for.

To compound the issues, it seems like no changes are imminent and therefore there will be no stop to the downward trajectory. You may see it as dramatic but, what indicators are there to show there isn't a major cause for concern?!? 

35 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

This team is straight up buffoonery.  

I agree, but they're not 90s bad. My point is that to call them 90s bad is ridiculous piling on. I know it doesn't matter if they're better now than they were then. I just find it irritating that it is trendy to compare to an era that I don' t think any team will ever rival in suckiness.

6 hours ago, Hooky said:

Yeah we are the LA Clippers of football, we don't suck nearly as much as we used to.  Coslet would have gotten more out of Palmer and Dalton than Marvin has.  

Yeah, this team, if healthy may have earned a playoff spot and played a home wildcard game.  That seems to be the ceiling.  A Marvin Lewis team has never ended the season with anyone picking them to win a Super Bowl let alone an AFC Championship.   2013 was the best team ever assembled in Cincinnati.  Marvin watched his team collapse against San Diego while clapping.    

Marvin PISSED away a win yesterday by doing what he does best:  Clock mismanagement, horrible in game decisions and allowing horrific play calling in crucial situations.  It is his legacy. 

The team has regressed significantly since 2015.  I don't see any players waiting in the wings besides Bates, Jackson, Mixon and Vigil who are the future of the team.  I like Boyd but he isn't a #1 receiver.   O line is pure band-aids and duct tape.

8 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

At times this recent incarnation of the team is more troublesome than the 90's version. The 90's version we expected to lose. This team does have talent. That's why frustration levels are so high. Yes, injuries are a huge factor this year. Give any team in the league the same injuries to the same positions and they too would struggle.

Having said that, this team is regressing and fast. The talent is aging and in some cases regressing and it feels very much like they are sliding backward, even with the injuries accounted for.

To compound the issues, it seems like no changes are imminent and therefore there will be no stop to the downward trajectory. You may see it as dramatic but, what indicators are there to show there isn't a major cause for concern?!? 

Again, my point is that they're not there now and the people that say that are being ridiculous. An d I'm not saying they're shouldn't be concern, but to just assume that we will fall back into that abyss is very premature. 

6 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I agree. The 90's was just comedy with zero talent and zero hope so it was just laughable. Now, the fans want more and the team has some talent but we can all see that Mike just can't get out of the way so it is more pathetic then laughable. 

And because we KNOW he works so slowly he will not be able to reverse the regression unless he acted well out of character and invoked a lot of change. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Yeah we are the LA Clippers of football, we don't suck nearly as much as we used to.  Coslet would have gotten more out of Palmer and Dalton that Marvin has.  

Yeah, this team, if healthy may have won a playoff spot and played a home wildcard game.  So.  A Marvin Lewis team has never ended the season with anyone picking them to win a Super Bowl let alone an AFC Championship.   2013 was the best team ever assembled in Cincinnati.  Marvin watched his team collapse against San Diego while clapping.    

Marvin PISSED away a win yesterday by doing what he does best:  Clock mismanagement, horrible in game decisions and allowing horrific play calling in crucial situations.  It is his legacy. 

Yes, they suck right now. It seems like people are missing the point.  My simple point is that if you were around in the 90s as a fan, to say that we are back there is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah we are the LA Clippers of football, we don't suck nearly as much as we used to.  Coslet would have gotten more out of Palmer and Dalton that Marvin has.  

Yeah, this team, if healthy may have won a playoff spot and played a home wildcard game.  So.  A Marvin Lewis team has never ended the season with anyone picking them to win a Super Bowl let alone an AFC Championship.   2013 was the best team ever assembled in Cincinnati.  Marvin watched his team collapse against San Diego while clapping.    

Yes. and given that we knew Baltimore and the Stealers were 'vunerable' teams in the division in the sense that they were in the midst of age and re-tooling, these last two years would have been a prime opportunity to push hard to be the best in the division. Instead, we fall to last. 

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Yes. and given that we knew Baltimore and the Stealers were 'vunerable' teams in the division in the sense that they were in the midst of age and re-tooling, these last two years would have been a prime opportunity to push hard to be the best in the division. Instead, we fall to last. 

Baltimore and Cleveland are both getting better as the season progresses.  Balt had KC beat in KC but fumbled the ball late.  Browns look better every game.  Fuck the Stealers. 

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Yes, they suck right now. It seems like people are missing the point.  My simple point is that if you were around in the 90s as a fan, to say that we are back there is ridiculous.

OK, you are right.  Happy now?  You were there in the 90s, huh?  No injuries?  Ki-Jana Carter ring a bell?

The Bengals still suck balls and have little to no hope of being much better any time soon.  The injured players coming back are mostly on the downside of their careers.  At best, they aren't getting better.  There are only a few young players I expect to improve to the point of being difference makers.  There are big holes to fill and not enough draft picks to do it.  It's not looking good.  If the Bengals do hire Hue Jackson as their head coach they may be heading back in that direction.

Yeah, I'll agree that generally across the board this era is more talented but I seem to recall that guys like Lebeau would consistently have a game plan that would shut down or at least slow the high power offenses. It was frustrating to watch as the other teams adopted those blueprints and would then beat those same elite teams.

I concur that Coslet would have lit up the league with the this offense. Actually, a lot of similarities with Hue and Cos. I like both as OC's but not  the head man.

I'd say the biggest difference is better drafting results under Marvin. The 80/90s Bengals had that WTF were they thinking flu like the Jets and Raiders do. Although Marv has had his more than fair share of gambles that are utter failures.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

OK, you are right.  Happy now?  You were there in the 90s, huh?  No injuries?  Ki-Jana Carter ring a bell?

The Bengals still suck balls and have little to no hope of being much better any time soon.  The injured players coming back are mostly on the downside of their careers.  At best, they aren't getting better.  There are only a few young players I expect to improve to the point of being difference makers.  There are big holes to fill and not enough draft picks to do it.  It's not looking good.  If the Bengals do hire Hue Jackson as their head coach they may be heading back in that direction.

If the Bengals hire Hue Jackson to take over the club I am heading for the door. That would be the biggest "Fuck You" committed by an owner since Sam Wyche was replaced by the worst OC in the NFL, David Shula.  I would rather they hire Rich Kotite, Greg Schiano or Art Shell.  Seriously, if this happens then that tells me the Brown family doesn't give a shit about the fans or winning.   I don't give a shit if they are comfortable with Hue.  He SUCKS as a head coach.

Shit just hire Bobby Petrino then, he is available. Zimmer loves the guy.

4 hours ago, OneHeartBeat said:

This isn't even remotely close to the 90's, but the coaching is downright dreadful. You have an athletic quarterback who can run and you ignore that strength fir the most part. Instead of having him use his strengths, they want him to be a pocket passer. They all need fired.

BTW, I remember the 90s quite well.  Hired Shula, finally got a new QB to fix the team (David Klinger) 3 years later it was bad but finally he starts to turn it around with Shake and Blake and goes 7-9. 

Next season start off 1-6, Coslet takes over finishes 7-2 team and this time the team is really heading somewhere. Two years later we are 3-13 then 4-12. 

We get serious and hire a great D coordinator. He goes 12-36.  Suddenly you realize 11 years have passed and the team has accomplished NOTHING. 

This has the EXACT same feel the team had in 1995.   Couple years removed from the playoffs, team at a cross roads, average QB, couple of good receivers, terrible defense, 3 or 4 bad drafts in a row to include 2 overall #1 picks (Ki-Jana and Big Daddy).  

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Baltimore and Cleveland are both getting better as the season progresses.  Balt had KC beat in KC but fumbled the ball late.  Browns look better every game.  Fuck the Stealers. 

I like a lot of what you have said in this thread... but this is the best thing...

Archived