Free agents to sign

11 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I’d love to get Erik Swoope.  Just cut by the colts.  

Why?  Looks injury prone and simply not that good.

I still want to see Tate get more snaps and throws.

Erik Swoope: Parts ways with Indianapolis
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

The Colts waived Swoope on Tuesday.

Though he hasn't played more than 22 offensive snaps in any of his seven games this season, Swoope had offered some marginal value in two-tight end formats after scoring three times on only eight receptions. His red-zone efficiency aside, Swoope clearly wasn't as held in high regard by the Colts as the other college-basketball-player-turned-tight-end on the roster, Mo Alie-Cox (calf). The team's decision to cut Swoope likely signals that Indianapolis expects Alie-Cox to return to action Sunday against Dallas following a three-game absence.

Share: Twitter Facebook
December 7, 2018 4:53 pm
Colts' Erik Swoope: Gains clearance for Week 14

Swoope (knee) was a limited participant in Friday's practice and doesn't carry an injury designation into Sunday's game against the Texans.

Swoope never practiced in full capacity this week and didn't log any reps at all Thursday, but the Colts saw enough to give him the green light. After a three-game absence due to injury, Swoope returned to action last weekend in Jacksonville and worked as the top backup to starting tight end Eric Ebron, finishing with a four-yard reception across 14 offensive snaps.

December 6, 2018 3:45 pm
Colts' Erik Swoope: No practice Thursday

Swoope (knee) did not practice Thursday.

Swoope was able to practice on a limited basis Wednesday, so his lack of availability Thursday is discouraging. If Swoope is able to suit up against the Texans on Sunday, he'll once again serve as the No. 2 tight end behind Eric Ebron (back/illness) and could see notable targets in the passing game.

December 5, 2018 5:31 pm
Colts' Erik Swoope: Limited in practice

Swoope (knee) was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice.

Swoope logged only 14 offensive snaps during Sunday's loss to the Jaguars, suggesting that he may have still been limited by his lingering knee injury. With Jack Doyle (kidney) out for the season and Eric Ebron (back/illness) and Mo Alie-Cox (calf) both nursing injuries, Swoope could be in line for increased targets when he's able to get fully healthy.

December 3, 2018 10:06 am
Colts' Erik Swoope: Doesn't play much in return

Swoope played 14 snaps on offense in Sunday's 6-0 loss to Jacksonville, catching his lone target for a four-yard gain.

With Jack Doyle (kidney) out for the season and Mo Alie-Cox (calf) also unavailable, Swoope returned from a four-game absence to serve as the No. 2 tight end. The Colts were heavily reliant on three-wide formations, but they may turn back to more two-TE looks after Sunday's disastrous performance. Swoope and Alie-Cox are both viable candidates to get some red-zone looks while providing depth behind Eric Ebron.

MORE 

SCHEDULE
WEEK DATE OPP. REC YDS LG TD
1 9/9/18 CIN 1 13 13 0
3 9/23/18 PHI 1 7 7 0
5 10/4/18 NE 3 44 26 1
6 10/14/18 NYJ 1 2 2 1
7 10/21/18 BUF 1 17 17 1
8 10/28/18 OAK 0 0 0 0
10 11/11/18 JAC 0 0 0 0
11 11/18/18 TEN 0 0 0 0
12 11/25/18 MIA 0 0 0 0
13 12/2/18 JAC 1 4 4 0
14 12/9/18 HOU 0 0 0 0
WEEK DATE OPPONENT TIME/RESULT
15 12/16/18 DAL 1:00 pm
16 12/23/18 NYG 1:00 pm
17 12/30/18 @ TEN 1:00 pm
RECEIVING
YEAR TEAM G GS REC YDS AVG LG TD 20+ 40+ 1ST
2014 Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0
2015 Indianapolis Colts 1 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0
2016 Indianapolis Colts 16 4 15 297 19.8 45 1 6 1 12
2017 Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0
2018 Indianapolis Colts 7 2 8 87 10.9 26 3 1 0 5
TOTAL   24 6 23 384 16.7 45 4 7 1 17
DEFENSIVE STATS
YEAR TEAM G TOTAL TKL AST SACKS INT YDS AVG LG TD PASS DEF
2014 Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2015 Indianapolis Colts 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2016 Indianapolis Colts 16 4 3.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2017 Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2018 Indianapolis Colts 7 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
TOTAL   24 4 3.0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0  

PLAYER INFO
Height/Weight:

6-4/255
Birthdate:

5/8/1992

At this point we are looking for projects for the offseason. He is it. He'll be 27 at the start of next year and has the ceiling of a threat at TE or we cut him and he is nothing. He's a rare athlete at the position transitioning from playing basketball. He is raw and they are loaded at the position with Ebron, Doyle and another Basketball transitioner in Mo Allie Cox so he just doesn't fit in there. At this point, we have nothing at TE for 2019. I expect Uzomah to re-sign but I would always hedge. 

At this poin

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

At this point we are looking for projects for the offseason. He is it. He'll be 27 at the start of next year and has the ceiling of a threat at TE or we cut him and he is nothing. He's a rare athlete at the position transitioning from playing basketball. He is raw and they are loaded at the position with Ebron, Doyle and another Basketball transitioner in Mo Allie Cox so he just doesn't fit in there. At this point, we have nothing at TE for 2019. I expect Uzomah to re-sign but I would always hedge. 

At this point why not although he shouldn't be "raw" after 5 years in the league.  I guess if you stockpile enough good TEs who are injury prone it should add up to 1 in each of the 17 games (one WC loss).

20 hours ago, SF2 said:

What the hell why not Kaepernick instead? Grab Kareem Hunt too. 

meh  Kap at best is about as good as Dalton. That why he aint got no job

Johnny offers the unknown. The ultimate roll of the dice.

I mean we picked up Pacman after he paid to have a couple dudes knocked off. Gave him a home for many years. Put up with his shit for many years. Even brought him back for a year after he chit down our throats in that home wildcard game. Where he and Burfict lost their cool and basically handed the game to pitt. Burfict known as the biggest douche in the league. Still on our roster. Still fucking chit up losing his cool at the wrong times.

Not a better home for Hunt. Bring him on in.  Might as well kick the tires on Kap. Get a little media interest going because its a ghost town in bunghole land.

4 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I mean we picked up Pacman after he paid to have a couple dudes knocked off. Gave him a home for many years. Put up with his shit for many years. Even brought him back for a year after he chit down our throats in that home wildcard game. Where he and Burfict lost their cool and basically handed the game to pitt. Burfict known as the biggest douche in the league. Still on our roster. Still fucking chit up losing his cool at the wrong times.

Not a better home for Hunt. Bring him on in.  Might as well kick the tires on Kap. Get a little media interest going because its a ghost town in bunghole land.

no.. it's know... he sucks

you are just joking though..right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 3:53 AM, Catfish Bob said:

OK..  Kap sucks, but we should check out Manziel?

Pass that shit over here, friend.  :smoke:  :rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

I think it's pretty simple where our holes are, O-line, D-line and LB. Keep upgrading these 3 and we'll be fine next season.

I firmly believe the easiest way to make this entire team better is O-line. Dalton is better and it will make #28 better and keep the defense off the field. 

I think we look for the best RT we can find in the draft and look to upgrade RG. I like Glenn Boling and Price.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:53 AM, Catfish Bob said:

Kap ain't playing because he's only as good as Dalton?  That's some delusional shit. We ALL know why Kap ain't playing, and it's because of a joint in his leg, not his talent.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:11 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It is simple but the Tree Sloth wont be signing any significant Free agents. Was it not this off season when Merv re-signed he said they were going to be more aggressive in free agency..lol

In fairness, in a letter to a season ticket holder, they did highlight that they signed a right tackle this year. 

Archived