Free agents to sign

13 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Kap ain't playing because he's only as good as Dalton?  That's some delusional shit. We ALL know why Kap ain't playing, and it's because of a joint in his leg, not his talent.

While you’re probably right, we should also remember that one of his last games as an NFL QB included throwing for 4 yards. 

He had severely regressed from his Super Bowl days. Couple that with the prospect of a team’s fans hating him and you have the recipe for not being employed. 

2 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

While you’re probably right, we should also remember that one of his last games as an NFL QB included throwing for 4 yards. 

He had severely regressed from his Super Bowl days. Couple that with the prospect of a team’s fans hating him and you have the recipe for not being employed. 

Kap has had opportunities to be a backup but balked at them.  Now he is willing to play anywhere.  Eric Reid has been nothing but a distraction for the Panthers.  Now he is claiming the NFL is after him by drug testing him so much.  No owner and coach wants to put up with this shit. Once Rivera gets fired the truth will come out. 

That said I wouldn't mind if the Bengals signed Kap.  At least people 50 miles outside of Cincinnati would give a fuck about the Bengals for awhile. Hell, we might of hung onto a playoff spot if Kap had been our backup. 

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Kap has had opportunities to be a backup but balked at them.  Now he is willing to play anywhere.  Eric Reid has been nothing but a distraction for the Panthers.  Now he is claiming the NFL is after him by drug testing him so much.  No owner and coach wants to put up with this shit. Once Rivera gets fired the truth will come out. 

That said I wouldn't mind if the Bengals signed Kap.  At least people 50 miles outside of Cincinnati would give a fuck about the Bengals for awhile. Hell, we might of hung onto a playoff spot if Kap had been our backup. 

No chance. You’d have to change your offense to play to his strengths. 

Marvin would have him glued in the pocket. He’d be forced to throw shallow outs to Cody Core. He’d be prohibited from ever taking a chance with the ball because Marvin still believes its 2001 and Trent Dilfer could still win a super bowl. The offense would be identical to the offense run by Dalton.

why is that? Because this coaching staff is too stupid for words. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

No chance. You’d have to change your offense to play to his strengths. 

Marvin would have him glued in the pocket. He’d be forced to throw shallow outs to Cody Core. He’d be prohibited from ever taking a chance with the ball because Marvin still believes its 2001 and Trent Dilfer could still win a super bowl. The offense would be identical to the offense run by Dalton.

why is that? Because this coaching staff is too stupid for words. 

Well, there is always the instinct of self preservation that would force Kap to run for his own life.  Might even get a first down.

3 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

What happened once Marvin started coaching him up? Neutered.

yeah I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he couldn't hit the broadside of an aircraft carrier.

carry on though..

3 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I never said he was good.

The idea that Marvin isn't a risk averse coach is laughable.

I'm not saying that he's not a maddening, risk averse kinda guy...I'm simply saying that watching Driskel not having any idea where the football is gonna go when it leaves his hand would seriously hand-tie any coach you can come up with..

I mean what are you supposed to do with that? you can only get away with screens and QB runs for so long, at some point you have to be able to complete a pass downfield on 3rd down. . 

27 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Josh Johnson is a starting QB in the league, and Kap isn't in the league.  All the other excuses you all are giving the NFL to support this travesty are Bullshit.

Josh Johnson is not a starting QB in this league. He is the 3rd string QB for Washington. It is the goal of every team to have a backup QB the fans are not going to give a shit about, is NOT A DISTRACTION and can maybe win a game or two in an emergency. 

Nobody wants to answer questions about their backup QB. Nobody ever wants to see them on the field except the fans. No coach want some dumbass reporter to ask him about his backup QB after a loss.

Why do you think the Patriots got rid of Jimmy Garoppollo for almost nothing in return?

There isn’t a starting QB in this league that wants Kaepernick as his backup. 

Johnny Manziel will get the same treatment. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Josh Johnson is not a starting QB in this league. He is the 3rd string QB for Washington. It is the goal of every team to have a backup QB the fans are not going to give a shit about, is NOT A DISTRACTION and can maybe win a game or two in an emergency. 

Nobody wants to answer questions about their backup QB. Nobody ever wants to see them on the field except the fans. No coach want some dumbass reporter to ask him about his backup QB after a loss.

Why do you think the Patriots got rid of Jimmy Garoppollo for almost nothing in return?

The kind of treatment Johnny Manziel should get is that other "drug" kind.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Bullshit.  Josh Johnson was not in the league, nor was Mark Sanchez the QB who proceeded him in Washington.  Neither is even close to the player that Kap is, but both went to a team that had playoff aspirations over a guy that was a couple of freak events from winning a Superbowl.  The Patriots got rid of Garapallo because Kraft wanted to keep Brady, even though Belicheat did not agree.  And you're Damn right, no starter wants him as their backup, because they might switch places, and for some teams, pretty damn quick.  Just admit, him kneeling has him out of the league.  That might not fit your ethnocentric views, but the truth is the truth.

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Bullshit.  Josh Johnson was not in the league, nor was Mark Sanchez the QB who proceeded him in Washington.  Neither is even close to the player that Kap is, but both went to a team that had playoff aspirations over a guy that was a couple of freak events from winning a Superbowl.  The Patriots got rid of Garapallo because Kraft wanted to keep Brady, even though Belicheat did not agree.  And you're Damn right, no starter wants him as their backup, because they might switch places, and for some teams, pretty damn quick.  Just admit, him kneeling has him out of the league.  That might not fit your ethnocentric views, but the truth is the truth.

Ethnocentric views? Josh Johnson is more black than Kaepernick is if you really want to go there. 

Kaepernick is unemployed now because of his actions, not his race

47 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Ethnocentric views? Josh Johnson is more black than Kaepernick is if you really want to go there. 

Kaepernick is unemployed now because of his actions, not his race

There isn't a "More Black", rookie.  Ask anyone in the south.  And thank you for confirming my point, it was what he did that made the snowflakes  mad, that is why he's not in the league, not his talent.  Some folks would rather see a crackhead or a wife beater on their team, rather than a protester who makes them think.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

A starting right tackle at that.

:lol: 

Well, they did start him there, so technically he is a starting RT.  Like how Paul Alexander is a former Dallas Cowboys OL coach even though he worked there <6 months.

5 hours ago, kennethmw said:

You didn't even read what I wrote.  I absolutely said he was a distraction, that is why nobody wants him.  The kneeling is a distraction, particularly if done by your second string QB.

Garopollo was huge distraction in New England.  Every question was about him taking over. Kraft tossed him to the curb for NOTHING. 

You only talk about the kneeling and leave everything else he has said and done out.  How about the rest of the story?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

You didn't even read what I wrote.  I absolutely said he was a distraction, that is why nobody wants him.  The kneeling is a distraction, particularly if done by your second string QB.

Garopollo was huge distraction in New England.  Every question was about him taking over. Kraft tossed him to the curb for NOTHING. 

You only talk about the kneeling and leave everything else he has said and done out.  How about the rest of the story?

You mean this part?

https://www.si.com/sportsperson/2017/12/06/colin-kaepernick-charity-giving-donations

53 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

No, I was referring to his ignorant uneducated defense of Fidel Castro and comparing modern day cops to the slave patrols of 1800s.  No owner or coach wants that kind of stupid around them. Add in his bomb throwing girlfriend and the coach will be talking about his backup QB every day. 

Bill Cosby, Harvey Winestein and Pablo Escobar donated plenty of money to charities. So what.  

Quick prediction, Eric Reid doesn’t get resigned by the Panthers. No new coach will want the distraction like Rivera has been dealing with. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, I was referring to his ignorant uneducated defense of Fidel Castro and comparing modern day cops to the slave patrols of 1800s.  No owner or coach wants that kind of stupid around them. Add in his bomb throwing girlfriend and the coach will be talking about his backup QB every day. 

Bill Cosby, Harvey Winestein and Pablo Escobar donated plenty of money to charities. So what.  

Quick prediction, Eric Reid doesn’t get resigned by the Panthers. No new coach will want the distraction like Rivera has been dealing with. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I am sorry you just can’t figure out the NFL is a business and Kaepernick is bad for business.  Its really that simple and the social justice warriors at Si and ESPN are not going to change anything. 

Patrick Mahomes, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are great for business. 

I would love to see Kaepernick on our team but I have a better chance of beating Steph Curry in a game of HORSE. 

Archived