Free agents to sign

The NFL is quite a bit different of an audience.  Also, the reason we will accept murderers, rapists, abusers & so on but freak out about someone kneeling is that the kneeling implies we are all culpable.  All that other stuff has nothing to do with us, but when someone questions our symbols? That's a threat.

Bengals tryouts reported (all CFL): LBs Sam Eguavoen (SASK), Jackson Jeffcoat (WPG), Jameer Thurman (CALG); DE Avery Ellis (OTT); WR D'haquille Williams (EDM).

That makes three linebackers, a defensive end and a wideout.

The most prominent is Jackson Jeffcoat, a Texas product and Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and Ted Hendricks Award winner who went undrafted a few years ago and bounced around before going to Canada.

If anything, the players worked out hint at what the Bengals will look at this offseason, meaning pass rushers, linebackers and offensive help.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Really makes you wonder what kind of head case Jeffcoat is but he sounds like a real candidate for Redeeming.

If he can tear Baker Maypansy a new asshole sign him immediately.

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think that Nike would disagree with you. 

How so?  Nike sells tennis shoes and apparel.  Their job is NOT to fill football stadiums.  They don't have to  sell their product to networks for outrageous sums who then market the product to an audience that has 12.5 million white viewers verses 2.4 million black viewers.  77% of NFL TV viewers are white.  Most of them are middle to upper middle class.  The largest segment of that white group is 50+ years in age.  Even more interesting is that 86% of NBA fans are white.   Nobody watches Nike on Sundays.  Its a fucking shoe company. it doesn't fucking matter what brand of shoe my team wears.  Nobody cares except the brass at Nike. 

Ever notice the commercials on NFL games?  Budweiser beer, Verizon, Toyota, Chevy, Nissan, McDonalds.   Where is Nike?  Adidas?  Reebok?  The NFL and NBA don't give two shits about Nike. Nike PAYS clubs in both leagues to wear their shit.  Pays players to wear their shit.  The NFL nor NBA pays Nike ANYTHING, Nike pays them.   

Who buys luxury boxes at stadiums?   Who buys tickets to the games?   That number is almost 85% white.  Who buys the NFL Sunday Ticket?  Wanna guess?

This is PURELY about MONEY.   The NFL doesn't give a shit about about social justice.  The NBA made it a rule YEARS ago that you MUST stand for the National Anthem.  Nobody cried about that.  Why?  Because NBA players are way more competent about pushing their brand and making,...wait for it,... MORE MONEY.  Hilarious that after making half a billion dollars by being the best player in the world LeBron James, getting closer to retirement, suddenly found his conscious.   

Funny how after making $43 million and being benched Colin Kaepernick finally found his conscious. 

Kinda like how all these famous wealthy actresses finally found their conscious after Harvey Weinstein was outed. I guarantee you Jennifer Lawrence and Uma Thurman do NOT want this thing to ever go to trial.

You market to your customers not your conscious.  It took an act of Congress to ban cigarette commercials from the air in 1970.  Up until the last minute, the Networks were pushing cig ads like crazy.  They knew who their viewers were. They didn't give a shit that smoking was the number one cause of lung cancer and heart disease.  Didn't give a rat's ass.   

If making Colin Kaepernick your backup QB made monetary as well as strategic sense, he would have been signed 2 years ago.  Even in liberal Seattle, they didn't want to rock the boat with him being Wilson's backup.  

And I will say it one more time, I would love to see Kaepernick as our backup.  It would certainly be more interesting to watch him run an RPO offense than Dalton. People might even pay attention to us.  Watching Marvin or Hue squirm at pressers would be epic. 

Starting a list of potential guys. Any to add you like?

QB Teddy Bridgewater-Saints Austin Davis-Titans  
RB      
WR Ty Montgomery-Ravens    
WR Mike Wallace-Eagles    
WR      
TE Maxx Williams-Ravens DeMetrius Harris-Chiefs Jimmy Graham-Packers cc
LT      
LG      
C Mitch Morse-Chiefs    
RG Mark Glowinski-Colts Matt Slauson-Colts  
RT JaWuan James-Dolphins    

K      
P      
LS      

LE      
DT      
DT      
DE Aaron Lynch-Bears    
OLB Kemal Ishmael-Falcons Thomas Davis-Panthers KJ Wright-Seahawks
MLB CJ Mosley-Ravens Sean Lee-Dallas cc  
OLB Deone Bucanon-Cardinals Zach Brown-Redskins cc Justin March-Lillard-Dallas
S Adrian Phillips-Chargers Jimmie Ward-49ers  
S Antoine Exum-49ers Earl Thomas-Seahawks  
CB      
CB      

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bengals tryouts reported (all CFL): LBs Sam Eguavoen (SASK), Jackson Jeffcoat (WPG), Jameer Thurman (CALG); DE Avery Ellis (OTT); WR D'haquille Williams (EDM).

That makes three linebackers, a defensive end and a wideout.

The most prominent is Jackson Jeffcoat, a Texas product and Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and Ted Hendricks Award winner who went undrafted a few years ago and bounced around before going to Canada.

If anything, the players worked out hint at what the Bengals will look at this offseason, meaning pass rushers, linebackers and offensive help.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Really makes you wonder what kind of head case Jeffcoat is but he sounds like a real candidate for Redeeming.

If he can tear Baker Maypansy a new asshole sign him immediately.

Jeffcoat plays for my local CFL team, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, no head case at all very good player and good community guy. Can he play in the NFL ? Not sure , he is a well rounded DE here, gets some sacks; very energetic and passionate player; could be a good rotational guy. Definitely worth a look. 

On 12/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, kennethmw said:

There isn't a "More Black", rookie.  Ask anyone in the south.  And thank you for confirming my point, it was what he did that made the snowflakes  mad, that is why he's not in the league, not his talent.  Some folks would rather see a crackhead or a wife beater on their team, rather than a protester who makes them think.

There's nothing wrong with an employer saying "you're too much of a PIA for me to hire you." One's attitude on the job should be a huge part of the hiring process. There's nothing wrong with that.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, kennethmw said:

There isn't a "More Black", rookie.  Ask anyone in the south.  And thank you for confirming my point, it was what he did that made the snowflakes  mad, that is why he's not in the league, not his talent.  Some folks would rather see a crackhead or a wife beater on their team, rather than a protester who makes them think.

Wait what? I grew up in the South and learned there were all sorts of variations of "black" that I still don't quite understand all the background for, well beyond "light" or "dark" skin.  I'm sure some of these were pejorative so I won't make a list but there were definitely certain stereotypes about different skin tones that my AA or mixed friends only really used among themselves. And that's without talking about related topics, like how Dominicans fit into our ideas of race in America.

Anyway, I have to assume there's a reason Q-Tip dropped the "Black is black" line in De La's "Me Myself & I", right?

People think they dis my person
By stating I'm darkly pack
I know this so I point at q-tip
And he states, 'black is black'

23 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Starting a list of potential guys. Any to add you like?

QB Teddy Bridgewater-Saints Austin Davis-Titans  
RB      
WR Ty Montgomery-Ravens    
WR Mike Wallace-Eagles    
WR      
TE Maxx Williams-Ravens DeMetrius Harris-Chiefs Jimmy Graham-Packers cc
LT      
LG      
C Mitch Morse-Chiefs    
RG Mark Glowinski-Colts Matt Slauson-Colts  
RT JaWuan James-Dolphins    

K      
P      
LS      

LE      
DT      
DT      
DE Aaron Lynch-Bears    
OLB Kemal Ishmael-Falcons Thomas Davis-Panthers KJ Wright-Seahawks
MLB CJ Mosley-Ravens Sean Lee-Dallas cc  
OLB Deone Bucanon-Cardinals Zach Brown-Redskins cc Justin March-Lillard-Dallas
S Adrian Phillips-Chargers Jimmie Ward-49ers  
S Antoine Exum-49ers Earl Thomas-Seahawks  
CB      
CB      

I really don't see Mosley getting away from the Ravens.  Unless he wants silly money.

In which case we won't sign him.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Thomas Davis is moving on from the Panthers, old but still playing at a high level in a league that lacks linebackers that can run. 

I was coming in here to mention him. Maybe he can give Vontez some guidance as well. 

At least worth kicking the tires on. I'd also consider giving Brown another 1 year prove it deal as he had not really been an injury prone guy (meaning he's no Tyler Eifert) until this year but before that, he did lead the league in tackles with Buffalo. 

32 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I was coming in here to mention him. Maybe he can give Vontez some guidance as well. 

At least worth kicking the tires on. I'd also consider giving Brown another 1 year prove it deal as he had not really been an injury prone guy (meaning he's no Tyler Eifert) until this year but before that, he did lead the league in tackles with Buffalo. 

Zach Brown expects to be cut in Washington as well. That would be 2 great additions and you keep Brown and cut Burfict. 

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I honestly believe we've all seen the last of Vontaze Burfict in a Bengals uniform....whether he gets cut, traded, retires, or whatever...I just think his days are numbered here, he'd be a trainwreck without Marv around.

probably.. but the last part I kinda disagree with.

Maybe a coach that doesn't take his shit is what he needs.

He is signed..so see what happens this off-season.. 

but if all the concussions have made the inside of his head is just scrambled eggs now..he's probably done.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

So if Taylor is in fact the guy, who are the Rams free agents worth a look?

QB Goff 21 Mannion 19    
RB Gurley 24 Anderson 19 Kelly 22 Davis 20
FB        
WR Cooks 24 Natson 19    
WR Woods 22 Hodge 19    
WR Reynolds 21      
TE Higbee 20 Evertt 21 Mundt 19  
LT Whitworth 20 Noteboom 22    
LG Saffold 19 Blythe 20    
C Sullivan 20 Allen 22    
RG Demby 22      
RT Havenstein 23      

K Zuerlein 20      
P Hekker 23      
LS McQuaide 21      

LE Donald 25 Westbrooks 19 Joseph 22  
NT Suh 19 Smart 21    
RE Brockers 20 Franklin-Meyers 22    
OLB Longacre 19 Fowler 19 Young 22  
ILB Barron 21 Wilson 19 Kiser 22  
ILB Littleton 19 Hager 19 Williams 21  
OLB Ebukam 21 Lawler 22 Okoronkwo 22  
S J. Johnson 21 Christian 20    
S Joyner 19 Countess 19    
CB Peters 20 Robey-Coleman 21 Talib 20  
CB Shields 19 Hill 19    

On 12/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, kennethmw said:

Josh Johnson is a starting QB in the league, and Kap isn't in the league.  All the other excuses you all are giving the NFL to support this travesty are Bullshit.

Are we talking about the dude that in his last year playing got pulled in the 4th quarter cause he threw for 5 yards for the whole game.  Yeah sounds like he would be hard to replace.  I dunno why people wanna act like Kap was a world beater now that he is not playing.  He aint in the league because hes not a good starter and nobody wants the frenzy that comes with him because his talent doesnt outweigh the distraction.  Dont get me wrong hes better than some of the backups in the league right now, but a good starter he will never be.  Nobody is gonna go through the circus to sign him at this point. 

On 1/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, spicoli said:

I honestly believe we've all seen the last of Vontaze Burfict in a Bengals uniform....whether he gets cut, traded, retires, or whatever...I just think his days are numbered here, he'd be a trainwreck without Marv around.

Unfortunately I think you are right and it probably should have happened earlier.

51 minutes ago, Mikey6866 said:

Are we talking about the dude that in his last year playing got pulled in the 4th quarter cause he threw for 5 yards for the whole game.  Yeah sounds like he would be hard to replace.  I dunno why people wanna act like Kap was a world beater now that he is not playing.  He aint in the league because hes not a good starter and nobody wants the frenzy that comes with him because his talent doesnt outweigh the distraction.  Dont get me wrong hes better than some of the backups in the league right now, but a good starter he will never be.  Nobody is gonna go through the circus to sign him at this point. 

Yeah sure, whatever lets you sleep at night!  😂😂

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Yeah sure, whatever lets you sleep at night!  😂😂

I dont even understand what point you are trying to make.  I sleep fine...I dont care if he is in the league or not.  You seem to take it personally that he is not in the league.  He did throw for 5 yards in a game in his last season.  He was beat out for the job by Blaine Gabbert.  Im glad you think he is a great QB, but the reality is hes not very good.  If Deshaun Watson/Baker Mayfield/Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers/Jared Goff/Cam Newton/Matt Ryan/Philip Rivers/Ben Roesthlisberger/Andrew Luck excetera excetera did exactly what Kap has done nobody is cutting them or getting them out of NFL.  Their talent outweighs distractions.  Kap's doesnt.

15 hours ago, Mikey6866 said:

I dont even understand what point you are trying to make.  I sleep fine...I dont care if he is in the league or not.  You seem to take it personally that he is not in the league.  He did throw for 5 yards in a game in his last season.  He was beat out for the job by Blaine Gabbert.  Im glad you think he is a great QB, but the reality is hes not very good.  If Deshaun Watson/Baker Mayfield/Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers/Jared Goff/Cam Newton/Matt Ryan/Philip Rivers/Ben Roesthlisberger/Andrew Luck excetera excetera did exactly what Kap has done nobody is cutting them or getting them out of NFL.  Their talent outweighs distractions.  Kap's doesnt.

My point is that people like you always try to justify injustice as long as it isn't occurring to you.  You want to talk about some 5 yard game, but don't want to talk about his 4 to1 touchdown to interception ratio that same season.   Keep following the masses, just realize the M is often silent.

Archived