Bengals currently projecting to have almost $55 million in cap space in 2019. Main free agents I am assuming they will look to re-sign will be Eifert, Dennard, Kroft and Uzomah. None of which should/will be pricey. They can also add to the cap space by cutting Burfict ($6.8 Million).

What we will hear about, specifically from Hobson, is the need to keep money to cover injuries, escalators and other nonsense. We will also DEFINITELY be told that no significant moves can be made as Green, Boling, Bernard, Boyd and Vigil will be free agents in 2020 and we need to save money for that.

44 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Bengals currently projecting to have almost $55 million in cap space in 2019. Main free agents I am assuming they will look to re-sign will be Eifert, Dennard, Kroft and Uzomah. None of which should/will be pricey. They can also add to the cap space by cutting Burfict ($6.8 Million).

What we will hear about, specifically from Hobson, is the need to keep money to cover injuries, escalators and other nonsense. We will also DEFINITELY be told that no significant moves can be made as Green, Boling, Bernard, Boyd and Vigil will be free agents in 2020 and we need to save money for that.

So if I'm playing Madden and trying to sort this shit out? Maybe Dennard and Uzomah on the cheap.  Boyd definitely.  The rest I'd let walk/retire if they won't sign for whatever is available at the time.  Definitely not setting money aside at the expense of adding younger pieces now.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Main free agents I am assuming they will look to re-sign will be Eifert, Dennard, Kroft and Uzomah.

Resigning Eifert is a waste of a roster spot.

Dennard... What is he worth? Dude already carries a cap hit of $8.5M this year. Some team is going to remember he was a first rounder and be willing to pay him as a #1 or #2 CB. How much is our slot CB worth? And do you pay him this year knowing WJIII is coming up on a contract year soon? (FWIW, Dennard was the #25 CB for PFF)

Kroft and Uzomah should be cheap pieces to sign or replace.

For the record: We had $47M in 2017. We had $34M last year. 

It was actually hilarious looking that up and seeing that we had to save money to re-sign Bodine and Jeremy Hill.

So plan on cracking a cold one and seeing $55M worth of Bobby Hart, Preston Brown, and Brandon LaFell clones.

I like the way "proper football" buys are done in Europe: have multiple transfer windows during the course of a year, where every player can be targeted regardless of contract. The teams pay each other ungodly amounts of money, for the right to pay the player ungodly amounts of money. Oh, there is Financial Fair Play rules-supposedly to keep oil sheik owners from buying up the best...but it barely slows down the money flood. 

Imagine Jerry Jones being able to spend to his heart's delight? 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I like the way "proper football" buys are done in Europe: have multiple transfer windows during the course of a year, where every player can be targeted regardless of contract. The teams pay each other ungodly amounts of money, for the right to pay the player ungodly amounts of money. Oh, there is Financial Fair Play rules-supposedly to keep oil sheik owners from buying up the best...but it barely slows down the money flood. 

Imagine Jerry Jones being able to spend to his heart's delight? 

Imagine Paul Allen while he was still alive. 

Archived