Radio DJ suspended for saying

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[color="red"][i][b]I wonder if this will morph into the newest Rush Limbaugh/ Anne Coulter talking point... if it already hasn't. That "we are at war with all of Islam"[/b][/i][/color]

[u]WMAL Suspends Talk-Show Host for Comment on Islam
By Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writer
July 29, 2005
[/u]

Radio talk-show host Michael Graham was suspended by station WMAL-AM yesterday for repeatedly describing Islam as a "terrorist organization" on his program.

Graham said he has been ordered off the Washington station, without pay, for an indefinite period while the station investigates the comments that drew complaints from a Muslim group, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Officials at WMAL, which is owned by the Walt Disney Co., had initially declined to take disciplinary action against Graham. However, WMAL President and General Manager Chris Berry said last night that Graham would be suspended for making statements that "crossed the line."

"We do not condone his position and believe his statements were irresponsible," Berry said in a statement.

Graham, 42, said on his mid-morning program on Monday that the fault for recent acts of terrorism lies not with Islamic radicals alone but also with Muslims generally because religious leaders and followers have tacitly supported extreme elements. "The problem is not extremism," Graham told listeners. "The problem is Islam." He also said, "We are at war with a terrorist organization named Islam."

CAIR denounced the comments as "hate-filled" and asked its members to contact the station's advertisers to express their dismay. Several hundred people across the country sent e-mails to the station and some of its advertisers, said Ibrahim Hooper, CAIR's communications director.

"I think this action is long overdue and appropriate," Hooper said of Graham's suspension. "I think it's a testament to the determination of individual Muslims who contacted the station and its advertisers to say Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry are unacceptable." One advertiser, Moore Cadillac Hummer, wrote a letter to CAIR denouncing Graham's statements but did not say it would pull its ads, he said.

Graham, whose program is part of WMAL's lineup of conservative talk shows, remained unapologetic and defiant. "I honestly don't know what Disney is investigating me for, unless it's for doing a compelling talk show that gets people's attention," he said. "I thought that was my job."

He also said, "If fighting for free speech and for the truth in the war on terrorism means getting fired by some corporate suits at ABC Disney who can't stand up for free speech -- so be it. But I will not recant."

However, station sources say Graham is unlikely to be fired and will be back on the air after the current controversy cools down.

Graham's comments about Muslims weren't the first to get him into trouble with his employers. According to news accounts, he has been fired twice from radio hosting jobs for on-air statements. His most recent termination was in 1999 when he was working as a radio talk-show host on WBT in Charlotte. Just hours after the shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado, Graham told listeners that the killing of athletes at the school was "one minor benefit of this otherwise horrible story."

He later apologized, calling the comment "a stupid, insensitive and indefensible remark."

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:38 PM']And Pat Robertson just sounded off about assasinating Chavez....is it the full moon or something giving these people the crazies?
[right][post="136238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

that is insane...

Muslims have been at war with non-believers since Muhammad.......

Muhammad taught his followers to oppress or kill non-Muslims. Generally, Jews and Christians were allowed to live as such, provided they paid a special tax. This tax is Jizya, a tax revenue given to the Muslims to make up for revenues they lost from no longer dealing in pagan activities. If the Jews and Christians refused to pay this extortion tax they would have to convert to Islam or be killed. Non Jews or Christians (idolaters or pagans) had to convert to Islam or be killed. Generally they didn't have the option of paying the tax. Here is the verse that teaches Muslims to oppress Jews and Christians:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, (which is Islam that abolishes all other religions ) of the people of the Book, (meaning the Jews and the Christians ) until they pay the Jizya (the tax imposed upon them) with willing submission and feel themselves subdued. (with humiliation and submission to the government of Islam.) 9:29 ." (Commentary in parenthesis is from the Tafsir Al-Jalalein. i.e., Al-Jalalein Interpretation of the Koran.)

..... and if you are Muslim you can't leave or you will be killed :o
Bukhari, volume 9, #17

"Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Messenger said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Messenger, cannot be shed except in three cases: in Qisas (equality in punishment) for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (Apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Bukhari volume 9, #57

Narrated Ikrima, "Some atheists were brought to Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's messenger forbade it, saying, "Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire)." I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Messenger, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Bukhari volume 9, #64

Narrated Ali, "Whenever I tell you a narration from Allah's messenger, by Allah, I would rather fall down from the sky, then ascribe a false statement to him, but if I tell you something between me and you, (not a Hadith), then it was indeed a trick (i.e., I may say things just to cheat my enemy). No doubt I heard Allah's messenger saying, "During the last days there will appear some young foolish people, who will say the best words, but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will leave the faith) and will go out from their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."

Not only did Muhammad teach that Muslims are to murder those who have left Islam, "wherever you find them", he further taught that a Muslim who commits this type of murder will be doing God's service and be rewarded!

Guest bengaljet
[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:14 PM']He apologized.
In today's Media,  Ratings > Pretty much everything else.
[right][post="136343"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Did you see Pat's apology? I think it was the day after he said assasinate the president. They showed Pat saying assasinate him and then Pat apologized and said he never used the word "assasinate". The interviewer sat there nodding his head in agreement. I think Pat said assasinate,but according to Pat he never said it. Must have been liberal media setting him up.
Thou shalt not lie ? And a religious man to boot-send $$$$

[quote]And this would be more, or less, tolerant than the Inquistition? The Reconquista? The original "out-of-area" deployment(s) we know as the Crusades?[/quote]

Homer what we have here is an anology:
Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
A comparison based on such similarity.

The difference is that with the Inquisition and with what I was trying to imply, is that orders came from the horses mouth, Muhammad; as stated in the Bukhari; the second most important book to the Quran in the Islam faith. The Inquisition was a bunch of greedy fucks, with their own agenda's, out to line the Vaticans coffers. I see your attempt of comparison. :D

The Crusades went on a quest to recapture Jerusalem, in the Jewish Kingdom of Judah, that was capture by the King of Babylonia, Nebuchadnezzar II or Nabukudurusur in 597 carrying of the Jews to their long Babylonian Capitivity.

If I may digress [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img] ,here we have this King from Babylon (Modern day Iraq), take the Jews from their homeland, deposit some of their own people to occupy the land of Palestine/Isreal; name of Roman origin given to the land of Isreal to spite the jews). Just a little bit more, please stay with me, no [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//28.gif[/img]
Saddam Hussein envisioned himself as the modern day Nebuchadnezzar II, to you and I this no new revelation, but to the average American, they could give a shit.
This is why he would give the families related to suicide bombers $20K-$25K :unsure: Additionally, just last week he said address the Iraqi people somethig to the effect that he would sacrifice himself, for Iraq and [u]OUR[/u] beloved Palestine.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]is that orders came from the horses mouth, Muhammad; as stated in the Bukhari; the second most important book to the Quran in the Islam faith.[/quote]

[b]So lets see what the Christian God himself says in the "Peaceful Bible"[/b]

[b]God lets em know: “If you rape em, pay em” --- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 [/b]

[i]“If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.”[/i]

[b]God: “Kill those that don’t listen to the Priest” --- Deuteronomy 17:12[/b]

[i]“Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the Lord your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel”.[/i]

[b]Piss off God and he will have your neighbor rape your wife --- 2 Samuel 12:11[/b]

[i]“Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun”[/i]

[b]God wants fortunetellers killed (see ya Ms. Cleo) --- Leviticus 20:27[/b]

[i]“A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.”[/i]

[b]God says hit Daddy and die --- Exodus 21:15[/b]

[i]“Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.”[/i]

[b]God: “If you curse your parents you should be killed” --- Leviticus 20:9[/b]

[i]“All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.”[/i]

[b]God: “It’s ok to nail your slaves head to a door” --- Deuteronomy 15:16-17[/b]

[i]"But if the slave says to you, 'I do not want to leave you' ... then you must take an awl and drive it through the slave's ear and into the door. He will be your servant forever."[/i]

[color="purple"][i]I have over a hundred more classics.... but you will have to wait to buy my completed 450 page book (that I have been writing for 2 years) that I am working with my literary agent to get published..... ;) You didn't think all this Christian bashing was just going to stay in my head did you ???[/color][/i]

[quote]I have over a hundred more classics.... but you will have to wait to buy my completed 450 page book (that I have been writing for 2 years) that I am working with my literary agent to get published[/quote]

I promise to buy one :D

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]I promise to buy one[/quote]

[i][b]Nice.... Yeah as soon as the particulars get worked out and we decide on a publisher I will let everyone know

probably still a few months out

B) [/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Aug 28 2005, 08:29 PM'][i][b]Nice.... Yeah as soon as the particulars get worked out and we decide on a publisher I will let everyone know

probably still a few months out

B) [/b][/i]
[right][post="136893"][/post][/right][/quote]

sneeky bastard or brilliant promoter :unsure:

I know what your up too, your going to release this on December 25th, Christmas day :ninja:

[quote name='Lawman' date='Aug 28 2005, 05:30 PM']The difference is that with the Inquisition and with what I was trying to imply, is that orders came from the horses mouth, Muhammad;
<snip>
I see your attempt of comparison. :D
[right][post="136828"][/post][/right][/quote]

There's a whole lotta smitin' going on in the Bible, too. If, as many fundies suggest, the Bible is the literal word of God, then which horse's mouth is that coming from?

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='Aug 28 2005, 09:06 PM']There's a whole lotta smitin' going on in the Bible, too. If, as many fundies suggest, the Bible is the literal word of God, then which horse's mouth is that coming from?
[right][post="136930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Old Testament

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Lawman' date='Aug 28 2005, 09:06 PM']Old Testament
[right][post="137011"][/post][/right][/quote]

Don't make me smite thee again. :angry:

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 28 2005, 10:44 PM']Don't make me smite thee again.  :angry:
[right][post="137030"][/post][/right][/quote]

With great vengeance and furious anger? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

[img]http://restauratrice.altervista.org/jules.jpg[/img]

Guest BengalBacker

The old testament doesn't count. Well not the bad parts anyway. God was just kidding in most of it. He didn't get serious about being a loving god until he impregnated a virgin, then killed her offspring. Then he had people write a book about it using metaphors, contradictions, riddles and things that defied logic and reason. Then he decided if people didn't believe in this book he would send their souls to hell to be tortured for eternity. :)

Praise the lord. :bowdown:

Guest steggyD

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 28 2005, 11:51 PM']The old testament doesn't count. Well not the bad parts anyway. God was just kidding in most of it. He didn't get serious about being a loving god until he impregnated a virgin, then killed her offspring. Then he had people write a book about it using metaphors, contradictions, riddles and things that defied logic and reason. Then he decided if people didn't believe in this book he would send their souls to hell to be tortured for eternity.  :)

Praise the lord.  :bowdown:
[right][post="137060"][/post][/right][/quote]
That's just the way the churches teach you. Believe it or not, there is an entirely different message in the New Testament, but the churches don't want you to know. Where will they get their income?

Guest BengalBacker
John 3:16-18 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Guest BengalBacker

This works out great, because mass murderers, rapists, pedophiles and the like can all go to heaven if they believe in Jesus, but horrible people like Gandhi and I go to hell because we didn't believe. :)

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='Aug 23 2005, 03:32 PM']"It's Old Testament time, babee!", he said, in his best imitation of Dick Vitale.
[right][post="136361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Hilarious.

BJ, I have put you out of business.
[url="http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/"]http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/[/url]

Guest steggyD
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 29 2005, 12:24 AM']John 3:16-18 (King James Version)
  16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[right][post="137070"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Now, now, you go picking out the parts of the Bible that the Church uses you to make them think that you have to go there repeatedly and keep giving them 10% just to make it to heaven. Do those verses you quote say the same thing they teach you in church? Does it say that you have to have the Lord "in your heart"? Paul, the true and first preacher of Christianity tried to explain the religion in the most proper way, but these verses are never looked at correctly. I shall start a new post after this...

Archived