Christians are full of crap

Jamie_B

[quote]If you actually think this is true, then what you espouse is not Christianity, it's paganism. It's a mystical belief in a fundamentally irrational God overseeing a arbitrary domain. But, the universe is rational and lawful; those laws are not arbitrary; and the Creator--that which is the cause of itself, is not some anthropomorphic entity that intervenes in the world at whim. God is not some "King of the Hill" to be propitiated by us lowly sinners.[/quote]

Many people immediately reject the conclusion that Adam and Eve's sons and daughters married each other by appealing to the law against brother-sister intermarriage. Some say that you cannot marry your relation. Actually, if you don't marry your relation, you don't marry a human! A wife is related to her husband even before they marry because all people are descendants of Adam and Eve -- all are of "one blood." The law forbidding marriage between close relatives was not given until the time of Moses (Leviticus 18-20). Provided marriage was one man to one woman for life (based on Genesis 1 and 2), there was no disobedience to God's law originally when close relatives (even brothers and sisters) married each other.
Remember that Abraham married his half-sister (Genesis 20:12). God blessed this union to produce the Hebrew people through Isaac and Jacob. [color="blue"]It was not until some 400 years later that God gave Moses laws that forbade such marriages.[/color]
:o God did it again! How dare he intervene at will.

See my challenging to Darwnism, thought what the hell why I am at it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 28 2005, 11:05 PM']Am I missing something or did he not say he was full of crap too? I think some have missed the intent of the author.
[right][post="137040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]I’m a psychologist. That means I use convoluted, condescending and confusing ways to describe what’s common sense and simple[/quote]

JamieB, here is what perked my interest and made me provide my response the way I did. Life is confusing, and when you are a Christian (how I define myself as one was lost in the time warp) you will be accused of being full of crapon alot of things. Skeptics are expecting you (a christian) to prove your point/perspective at a moments notice. If one is not in tune with the scriptures they cannot provide an immediate answer. The last responce I provided scholarly Homer Rice with deals with; "Who was Cain's wife" The answer is "one of his sisters", but it's hard to explain why?

Hey, you had mentioned something in another thread, about some Chili place where you live. My wife makes close to a Skyline recipe, if not better. mmmm

[quote name='Lawman' date='Aug 29 2005, 01:16 PM']JamieB, here is what perked my interest and made me provide my response the way I did. Life is confusing, and when you are a Christian (how I define myself as one was lost in the time warp) you will be accused of being full of crapon alot of things. Skeptics are expecting you (a christian) to prove your point/perspective at a moments notice. If one is not in tune with the scriptures they cannot provide an immediate answer. The last responce I provided scholarly Homer Rice with deals with; "Who was Cain's wife" The answer is "one of his sisters", but it's hard to explain why?

Hey, you had mentioned something in another thread, about some Chili place where you live. My wife makes close to a Skyline recipe, if not better. mmmm
[right][post="137278"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You don’t have to explain it to me, I fully understand and agree that Christians have to have their sword and shield ready, and in honesty I sometimes wish I was better at it. No explanation needed there. I just identified with the author's comments and thought I'd post it. I only repeated the thread title based on the authors title, that’s all.

I've seen both the Christian (which I am btw) and Non-Christian spew vile hatred towards each other. I went to a Christian University here in VA, where I saw both people showing love for one and other as well as some bad, bad things that never get talked about and get swept under the rug, because of "how it would appear". A black girl getting called "aintchmima" (sp?), a professor getting run out of the school because he divorced his wife, a pastor being run out of the school because his son is a homosexual. Judgment on friends of mine because they didn’t live in the exact way a Christian should, people singing the lords name in front of the University and doing some pretty Ungodly like stuff outside of it, and all of this done by people who profess to be Christians. I had a guy in my dorm get kicked out of the school for drinking and rather thank take the Christian love path and help the guy with a problem, they take the easy we don’t have to deal with it path and kick him out. A pretty good friend of mine who is an musical evangelist is more than likely going to have to give it up because he cant get churches to let him play his music, heck he cant even play in his own church, and not because he doesnt have talent, when I was a musician I'd aspire to play like this guy did/does, because its become a business.

My frustrations are probably no more than the nonbelievers frustrations at Christians. However I’ve had to come to the understanding over many years and many struggles that because we all do fall short the glory that includes these people, where I’m at now however is learning how to love them despite it. And I’m no angel believe me, when I’m stuck in bad traffic I have said words that would make a sailor blush, I have drunk too much on more than one occasion. I don't go to church as much as I should, I can be easy to anger when its something that is important to me, I’ve been around people on various drugs and said nothing about it, I can lust, ect ect... However I am so grateful that God has given me grace, it’s a gift that I appreciate all the more because I have sinned, and know that I probably will again. I thank him every day for that gift.

My main concern in posting that is that in the climate we are in today I think it’s important for Christians to take a look at themselves and their message, because I’m not sure it gets out the way it should. I think the message of love is so much more powerful than the your going to hell if you don’t repent sinner, but that’s just me. Sorry for the rant. And yes the place that serves Cincinnati Chili up here in Woodbridge is Hard Times Cafe. I used to go there every Sunday for Bengals games, but this year got Sunday Ticket so the family can come over to my place to watch.

[quote name='Lawman' date='Aug 29 2005, 11:49 AM']Many people immediately reject the conclusion that Adam and Eve's sons and daughters married each other by appealing to the law against brother-sister intermarriage. Some say that you cannot marry your relation. Actually, if you don't marry your relation, you don't marry a human! A wife is related to her husband even before they marry because all people are descendants of Adam and Eve -- all are of "one blood." The law forbidding marriage between close relatives was not given until the time of Moses (Leviticus 18-20). Provided marriage was one man to one woman for life (based on Genesis 1 and 2), there was no disobedience to God's law originally when close relatives (even brothers and sisters) married each other.
Remember that Abraham married his half-sister (Genesis 20:12). God blessed this union to produce the Hebrew people through Isaac and Jacob. [color="blue"]It was not until some 400 years later that God gave Moses laws that forbade such marriages.[/color]
:o   God did it again! How dare he intervene at will.

See my challenging to Darwnism, thought what the hell why I am at it.
[right][post="137264"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'm guessing you would fit right in down the road at Rock Church! As I said, if you really believe this stuff, you're not a Christian.

Guest BlackJesus
[i]“There are many extraordinary tales from antiquity, including women with snakes for hair, creatures whose gaze turns you to stone, creatures with equine bodies and human torsos, many accounts of people rising from the dead, lots of tales of magic, and numerous accounts of physical encounters with fantastic beings. Ancient people were a superstitious, scientifically primitive lot, and believed in many things that today we know are silly. I find it bizarre that so many people see nothing suspicious about the extraordinary or supernatural claims of the Bible, yet don’t hesitate to express disbelief in equally well documented claims of Minotaurs, basilisks, and wizards.” [/i]
[b]--- Scott Brown[/b]

Archived