Bengals are still in it.

They are two and a half games behind the stealers. They have two win-able games coming up and the stealers have two lose-able games. So we could be a half game back when we play them. So we beat them and knock them out.

The turds will lose to us and the broncos, so they're out.

The rats lose to the chargers, beat the bucs, lose to the turds. We're tied with the better division record. 

Voila. We just have to wait and see what wild card team we lose to.

43 minutes ago, Hooky said:

They are two and a half games behind the stealers. They have two win-able games coming up and the stealers have two lose-able games. So we could be a half game back when we play them. So we beat them and knock them out.

The turds will lose to us and the broncos, so they're out.

The rats lose to the chargers, beat the bucs, lose to the turds. We're tied with the better division record. 

Voila. We just have to wait and see what wild card team we lose to.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-3448

As bad as this team is, the Stealers barely managed to pull out a game and just lost to the Raiders.

A Raiders fan might have thought the Stealers game was penciled in as a loss.

That said, I don't want a dead donkey bounce that saves Marvin's job or gets the FO more conformable with Hue. No moral victories. As a fan, I hope the Raiders beat us by 50. 

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

No cramps. Don't care one way or the other. Thanks for the clarification--but you do see where so many here actively cheer for losing, but then piously tsk-tsk when they do...and deride them for "quitting"?   

we can't root for a chance to finally get rid of ole marv, but also want them to at least show some heart.

When they don't show up at all is the reason we want ole marv out of here.

I still actively root for them to win every game when I am watching... I can't help myself...but when they lose I am like oh well.

But the games when they are down 500 to nothing before they decide to play (clowns and Saints) drives me crazy

I just hate marvin now

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

As bad as this team is, the Stealers barely managed to pull out a game and just lost to the Raiders.

A Raiders fan might have thought the Stealers game was penciled in as a loss.

That said, I don't want a dead donkey bounce that saves Marvin's job or gets the FO more conformable with Hue. No moral victories. As a fan, I hope the Raiders beat us by 50. 

That would accomplish nothing. Even if they lose the rest of the games by 50 or more, either Hue or Marvin will be HC next year.

I would rather they give it 100%.  Many want to blow up the team but it isn't something you can do in a year.   Try to figure out which newer guys might be passable players (backups or starters) and evaluate the vets.  I doubt the team would tank on Marvin.  He is good guy just not the best gameday coach and doesn't get the best out of talent it seems.   

The FO can eat a bag of dicks.    

Looking at the remainder of the Stealers schedule, New Goodell One and Two and Us, it makes the

final game of the season with us worth a lot more to them, a lot on the line as far as playoff possibilities.

Baltimore is gaining on them and now Flippo is on the bench for Jackson (who I do not care for).

So if the Steals lose two (likely) a win over us might be the only thing that does get them into

the playoffs as perhaps even a wild card.

Still waiting to see if that dog shit game will be flexed and how happy I will be to be watching it

from my easy chair with a fire in the fireplace than at the stadium.  Well, even if not flexed

that's what I will be doing.

Dream scenario is for Balti to shit the bed with the jitterbug qb with poor mechanics,

the coach gets fires and we hire him.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I would rather they give it 100%.  Many want to blow up the team but it isn't something you can do in a year.   Try to figure out which newer guys might be passable players (backups or starters) and evaluate the vets.  I doubt the team would tank on Marvin.  He is good guy just not the best gameday coach and doesn't get the best out of talent it seems.   

The FO can eat a bag of dicks.    

Yes, it is the FO that needs to be blown up. There is a respectable core of good players on the roster but the FO and coaching staff need an intervention and makeover. When fans say they want the team to tank or lose they know this is the ONLY hope of any change, they dont want to lose they just know it is the only possible way to move the tree sloth.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

No cramps. Don't care one way or the other. Thanks for the clarification--but you do see where so many here actively cheer for losing, but then piously tsk-tsk when they do...and deride them for "quitting"?   

The problem with that assertion is that I have never been one to "tsk-tsk" when they're losing. That's why I said you were off base.

Do we have an outside shot at making the playoffs? Sure. Does that mean anything? Cody Core gets to drop a pass in a game that matters? Yay.

I have also been a huge Marvin defender - and it still scares the hell out of me what would happen if Mike and Katie take the reigns again. But he's worn out his welcome and the thought of getting Hue "Shitty Marvin" Jackson as his replacement hurts my soul. I don't even care if we're going to a better place, I just want the damn scenery to change.

Scientifically speaking, what we're doing now isn't working. If I didn't think it took an embarrassing loss to get Mike and Katie to make a move....

Archived