Bengals are still in it.

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am sitting on a 3 week ban on another forum where they are all Apologists for the team and mgmt. I think most knew this team was going nowhere this year with the OL , LBs and Merv

This team had a damn good shot at the playoffs if they'd stayed at least a little healthy. Give me a healthy Dalton and AJ Green and they would have been players for this very winnable division. 

Be that as it may, let's use this yr to get some new coaches and some good draft picks

33 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

This team had a damn good shot at the playoffs if they'd stayed at least a little healthy. Give me a healthy Dalton and AJ Green and they would have been players for this very winnable division. 

Be that as it may, let's use this yr to get some new coaches and some good draft picks

At best, this team would have slithered into the playoffs and failed again. It was already sliding before the injuries. And note once again the team starts to play better when there is no pressure. I have little confidence Mikey will ditch Merv and i have even less confidence he would replace him with a good candidate and zero confidence the other changes that are needed will even be considered.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am sitting on a 3 week ban on another forum where they are all Apologists for the team and mgmt. I think most knew this team was going nowhere this year with the OL , LBs and Merv

Jesus, how can anyone who has been a fan for more than a couple of years be making excuses at this point?

That said I don’t think dumping Marvin fixes the real problem.  A new coach might breath life into the team but the last few drafts have been brutal. That new coach can’t be Hue. That would be a slap to the face of the fans. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Jesus, how can anyone who has been a fan for more than a couple of years be making excuses at this point?

That said I don’t think dumping Marvin fixes the real problem.  A new coach might breath life into the team but the last few drafts have been brutal. That new coach can’t be Hue. That would be a slap to the face of the fans. 

2016 draft looks promising 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Please identify the "real problem". Not that one could already figure what the default answer will be. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Please identify the "real problem". Not that one could already figure what the default answer will be. 

Front office. We hang on to bad coaches way too long and replace good ones with trash. Tyrel Austin was a very marginal d coordinator in Detroit. Lazor sucked in Miami.  

Those were just lazy hires. There was zero effort to find someone who might be great. The organization just settles for mediocre/easy at every turn. It is why I think either Marvin will be back or Hue will be the coach in 2019, it’s the easiest thing to do. 

11 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

2016 draft looks promising 

Actually the last couple look good too. This yr we got Price, Hubbard and Bates. Last yr we got Mixon, Lawson, Glasgow and Willis. That's a lot of starters for just two drafts

40 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

That's a lot of starters for just two drafts

Just playing devil's advocate... But when you draft a center with no other center on the roster, he's going to start. Good, bad, otherwise... He's going to start.

Last year you could have easily said the we have Fisher and Cedric as "starters" from the previous draft.

4 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Actually the last couple look good too. This yr we got Price, Hubbard and Bates. Last yr we got Mixon, Lawson, Glasgow and Willis. That's a lot of starters for just two drafts

Other than Mixon who we got because nobody else wanted to piss off their fan base the rest of the picks are meh at best.   Lawson is pretty good.  I like Hubbard.

Our 1st rounders have been HORRIBLE.  Jury still out on Price.  Not a difference maker in the bunch.  Not a guy anyone would say was an excellent choice in hindsight.   The last decent 1st rounder was AJ.  Dre has been ok.  Other than that we got 3rd round talent at best. 

49 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Other than Mixon who we got because nobody else wanted to piss off their fan base the rest of the picks are meh at best.   Lawson is pretty good.  I like Hubbard.

Our 1st rounders have been HORRIBLE.  Jury still out on Price.  Not a difference maker in the bunch.  Not a guy anyone would say was an excellent choice in hindsight.   The last decent 1st rounder was AJ.  Dre has been ok.  Other than that we got 3rd round talent at best. 

I too would like to see better first rd picks but it's not easy to get difference makers when you're drafting late in the first rd. It's not like we got Cleveland's picks. 

I think the Lawson injury really hurt the defense. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Marvin steps down from HC, becomes the DC, and Hue takes over..

has anyone mentioned that?

I could actually see that happening.......I'd say 50/50 shot. 

The drugs are strong with this one. 

Archived