Bengals v Rump Raiders Game Day Thread

8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yeah Dalton is great!!!!

Screenshot_2018-12-19-11-27-23.png

I could come up with stats for 1 game that make Dalton look awesome. But I'm not saying that he is. I'm saying that Driskel is awful and Dalton is much better. You're the only one clueless enough to keep beating that drum after how he's looked. Even in the browns game against loose D. He should've had 3 or 4 interceptions that game. I am predicting that he will on Sunday and we may see Savage. Hope I'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Lets see if Mikey is smart enough to give Bo Levi Mitchell a tryout. he is one of 2 elite QB's in the CFL and he has tryouts with 8 teams. He is better than Driskel right now and could possibly be a starter in the NFL. But we have no need to look at any good QB's right?

I sure as shit wouldn't invest a first round pick in a starter behind this OL, but if Bobo wants to have a 2-game tryout here for CFL money, 2 free passes to the "Creation Museum" and all the syrup he can quaff I don't see the harm in it.

48 minutes ago, SF2 said:

When was the last time a CFL QB came to the NFL and was worth a shit?  Jeff Garcia? Flutie? 

He is as good as those two if not better, so worth a shot one would think. He cant be signed until Jan 3rd but becuase he has never been signed in the NFL before he falls under the rookie rules so all teams would pay him the same.

15 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Lets see if Mikey is smart enough to give Bo Levi Mitchell a tryout. he is one of 2 elite QB's in the CFL and he has tryouts with 8 teams. He is better than Driskel right now and could possibly be a starter in the NFL. But we have no need to look at any good QB's right?

In his mind, no. Andy is good enough, it's just the injuries and bad luck. Was it Kitna that said he is enamored with quarterbacks though? i think he desperately wants that Ken Anderson, that plays 137 years for the Bengals.

34 minutes ago, Cat said:

In his mind, no. Andy is good enough, it's just the injuries and bad luck. Was it Kitna that said he is enamored with quarterbacks though? i think he desperately wants that Ken Anderson, that plays 137 years for the Bengals.

My impression is that he's enamored with athletic ability and doesn't really get the difference between that and being good at football.  Of course you need a good amount of the first to be the 2nd thing, but given a choice between an athletic freak and someone NFL average but productive he's going with the freak.  I also think he's where this idea of outsmarting people instead of lining up and kicking their ass the old-fashioned way is coming from.

13 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Teams like the Bengals stuck on the nuts of mediocre QBs and never giving anyone else a shot. 

It's called having a franchise QB. They could go through 2 or 3 a season like the browns have the last dozen years. They were giving other QBs a shot.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

My impression is that he's enamored with athletic ability and doesn't really get the difference between that and being good at football.  Of course you need a good amount of the first to be the 2nd thing, but given a choice between an athletic freak and someone NFL average but productive he's going with the freak.  I also think he's where this idea of outsmarting people instead of lining up and kicking their ass the old-fashioned way is coming from.

That makes sense, hence John Ross.

15 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He is enamored with making money and nothing else. 

BS. Old, stale, lazy answer. If he did, he would have a successful team. He is a good businessman. The problem is that he is trying to be his old man and doesn't want to admit that he knows dick about football. If he did, he would leave it to the experts and cash in on winning teams.

Archived