The Meh, the Bad and the Ugly ... Rump Raiders

Good: Mixon, Atkins, Hubbard. Denmard had a nice game. Erickson making most of opportunity. 

Bad: Driskel showing us why he isn’t starting somewhere else. Ross with 5 tgts 1 catch for 6 yards.  

Ugly: The Raiders. They have mailed in the season after the Pittsburgh win. The fact Cleveland is still alive and we are not is sad. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Good: Mixon, Atkins, Hubbard. Denmard had a nice game. Erickson making most of opportunity. 

Bad: Driskel showing us why he isn’t starting somewhere else. Ross with 5 tgts 1 catch for 6 yards.  

Ugly: The Raiders. They have mailed in the season after the Pittsburgh win. The fact Cleveland is still alive and we are not is sad. 

Good: Maybe the Driskel is better than any NFL QB will go away. Is there an NFL record for missed receivers?

It is annoying and sad, but the browns are only officially not eliminated, but they need 800 things to happen. Well, not 800, but they need to win out, Ind, Tenn and Balt to lose this week and Indy and Tenn to tie next week and they need to beat the rats which was already incuded in winning out. And maybe something else. But again, it's annoying that there is any scenario at all.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Good: Maybe the Driskel is better than any NFL QB will go away. Is there an NFL record for missed receivers?

It is annoying and sad, but the browns are only officially not eliminated, but they need 800 things to happen. Well, not 800, but they need to win out, Ind, Tenn and Balt to lose this week and Indy and Tenn to tie next week and they need to beat the rats which was already incuded in winning out. And maybe something else. But again, it's annoying that there is any scenario at all.

They are also playing better down the stretch while we limp to the off season with far more questions than answers. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

it was only being said by one person.. and if there is, he had to be close to doing it yesterday... so bad

yeah.. I think us and the stealers are going to be the two worsgt teams in he division for a while.

The good and bad... the win and it dropped us into a lower and more meh draft choice when we need a game changing starter.

NFL Draft standings post 4PM today (12/16)

1. Cardinals (3-11)
2. Raiders (3-11 ... but one was against the Squeels so that's great)
3. Jets (4-10)
4. 49ers (4-10)
5. Jaguars (4-10)
6 Falcons (5-9)
7. Lions (5-9)
8. Giants (5-9)
9. Bucs (5-9)
10. Bills (5-9)
11. Packers (5-8-1)
12. Panthers (6-7) ... play New Orleans Monday/tonight so probably 6-8
13. Eagles (7-7)
14. Broncos (6-8)
15. Bengals (6-8)
16. Browns (6-7-1)
17. Dolphins (7-7)
18. Redskins (7-7)

So in the next two weeks, go Redskins, Dolphins, Clowns, Broncos, Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Bills, Giants, Lions, and Falcons.  Jaguars, 49er's and Jets, too, for that matter.

Of course, I expect a dead cat bounce for the Bengals and they win a game or two and screw up the draft choice even more.

Pittsburgh may have something to play for in the last game of the season so that could be interesting.

More Good...

~~I/some of us will be watching the last two games of the season from home rather than freezing our asses off at PBS.

~~ Yesterday was (hopefully) the last time I will see Marvy trot his fat ass off the field at PBS.

~~ My son and I met my lady friend (she calls me her insignificant other) at Morton's Steakhouse for a killer meal for my birthday on 

her credit card.  Free is my favorite flavor.

The curious...

Josh Malone was a healthy scratch with Core and Tater active.  As high as Dismal was throwing, why was Tate on the bench?

1 hour ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Ugly: This board has turned in to mikebrownsucks.com

Bad: Driskel is garbage. He may be the most inaccurate passer I have ever seen. Not making much of a golden opportunity for him.

Good: The win

All Mike, Katie and the rest of the family has to do is conduct a serious search for a new head coach and defensive coordinator.  Prove us wrong.  Find some up and coming guys who show promise instead of taking failed retreads from awesome programs like Cleveland, Miami and Detroit.   

I stand by my opinion that the HC for 2019 is already on the payroll and if I were a betting man I think Marvin will be the coach next year.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

All Mike, Katie and the rest of the family has to do is conduct a serious search for a new head coach and defensive coordinator.  Prove us wrong.  Find some up and coming guys who show promise instead of taking failed retreads from awesome programs like Cleveland, Miami and Detroit.   

I stand by my opinion that the HC for 2019 is already on the payroll and if I were a betting man I think Marvin will be the coach next year.

If he wants to be. It will be a shock if he walks. A major shock if he gets canned, but he won't.

Week 16 ESPN Power Ranking (meh) but something to keep in mind for the final two games.  I think Carlos probably played more his rookie season than Hub Bub (lots of Hubbard jerseys at the game Sunday.)

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

25. Cincinnati Bengals (6-8)

Week 15 ranking: 27gn-arrow.png

Biggest breakthrough: DE Sam Hubbard. The rookie third-round pick has shown flashes at times as a rotational player, but he really shined against the Raiders with two sacks and a forced fumble. He has six sacks this season and now has his eye on Carlos Dunlap's rookie sacks record of 9.5 with two games left to get it. -- Katherine Terrell

22 hours ago, SF2 said:

And what qualifies as a serious search? I'm just as pissed off as most fans are but, part of me wonders where this team would be had they not had the significant key injuries?  How wise would it be to blow up a team that was 4-1 at one point? I agree that Marvin will probably be the coach next year, he will bring in Del Rio to be DC and Hue will move to OC. If we have a great season....probably another 2-year extension. At some point, the reboot has to happen.

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Useless:  being overjoyed or in despair at positioning for the Draft. Since this franchise is considered a rudderless shipwreck, what do the draft pick(s) matter? 

Regardless of their (in)ability to identify & develop talent, draft positioning is massively overrated.  We all know Brady was a 6th rd comp pick, Brees=2nd round, Rodgers=24th overall...  IMHO the risk (guaranteed compensation) increases exponentially towards the top of the draft while the talent level increases linearly, at best. 

However I will say that if the strategy for a small-market team is to rely heavily on the draft for talent, you would invest heavily in scouting.  We haven't done that here.  We're simply bargain shopping.

2 hours ago, OneHeartBeat said:

And what qualifies as a serious search? I'm just as pissed off as most fans are but, part of me wonders where this team would be had they not had the significant key injuries?  How wise would it be to blow up a team that was 4-1 at one point? I agree that Marvin will probably be the coach next year, he will bring in Del Rio to be DC and Hue will move to OC. If we have a great season....probably another 2-year extension. At some point, the reboot has to happen.

They started stinking up the joint long before those "key" injuries. Going into NO/KC, you are missing Burfict and Eifert. And if those guys are who you're hanging your season on, you're going to lose. A lot.

Let's just face it... That loss to the Stealers had the boys getting their balls handed to them, and they just put 'em on the shelf. 

In fact, being able to motivate guys while instilling a organizational sense of discipline and pride is pretty much what the Head Coach does. When you see those things start to go wrong, Marvin needs to go. I don't care if we lost all 53 starters... We should still be seeing a team that plays disciplined football with some backbone. (Before week 14)

The years of poor clock management, conservative play calling and horrible or non existent in game adjustments happened long before the injury bug hit.  Add in the prime time game record and the inability to secure a bye in 16 years and it is more than enough to try something new. 

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Going into NO/KC, you are missing Burfict and Eifert. And if those guys are who you're hanging your season on, you're going to lose. A lot.

Add Glenn to that list, but yeah.  So sick of hearing "oh we lost Eifert blahblah."  Yeah we did lose Eifert.  In 2015.

Should've cleaned house after the WC meltdown, everything since then has been fallout.

Archived