Cleveland Week! Send In The Clowns

34 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The Browns have only swept the Bengals once (2002) since their return to the NFL in 1999. After Sunday, it will be twice.

I don't know man. Have you perhaps heard of Einstein's "Dead Cat Bounce" theory of Bengaltivity?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-apos-jabrill-peppers-mad-133348896.htm

Browns' Jabrill Peppers :34: mad at 'disrespectful' Bengals

38fc5453c0218f2571f0dc16b7b49dc6 Jabrill Peppers has hit out at the Bengals, saying one of their players told him: "Why are you talking? You play for the Browns."

Cleveland Browns safety :pissing: Jabrill Peppers has hit out at the Cincinnati Bengals, branding his side’s AFC North rivals as "disrespectful" ahead of their game on Sunday.

Peppers does not need any inflammatory comments from his opponents to get him fired up for the match at FirstEnergy Stadium, as he is still mad about some of the things the Bengals said before Cleveland's 35-20 road win over Marvin Lewis' team last month.

There was some trash talking from both teams at that match, and some of the Bengals players had to be separated from Peppers and fellow Browns safety Damarious Randall during pre-game warm-ups.

Peppers has revealed one of the Bengals players went too far with his comments by telling him, "Why are you talking? You play for the Browns."

"That was probably the most disrespectful thing somebody said to us," Peppers said to Cleveland.com.  

"That's why I think we're going to come out here with the same type of tenacity. Because stuff like that, that sticks with you.

"Like these guys really, really don't respect us as an organisation and as players. So that makes you want to go out there with that extra oomph."

The presence of former Browns head coach Hue Jackson on the Cincinnati sidelines provides further motivation for Peppers and his team-mates.

The Bengals hired Jackson as a special assistant on November 13, two weeks after Cleveland fired him.

"Thankful that he brought me here — but still looking forward to kicking his a** again," Peppers said of Jackson.

I wish someone would fire up our team before a game.  Marvin is incapable of doing so.  And, for the most part, the players also lack that ability.  Marvin even mentioned a couple weeks ago that he’s not sure why they have to have their teeth kicked in (or some similar phrase) before they play with any fire.  

If the coaches can’t fire you up, you had better have a player(or players) that can fire up the team.  If you don’t, you can quickly find yourself playing from behind.  Exhibit A: Cincinnati Bengals.

I don’t know if Cleveland’s interim head coach can fire his team up, but I suspect that they do now have some players that have that ability.  And if that’s not enough for tomorrow’s game, they now have a Bengal helping them to get fired up.  If you’re going to diss a team/players, you have to back it up on the field.  Instead, the Bengals shit the bed in the last meeting against the Browns.  

It wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow’s game play out pretty much the same way.  I hope I’m wrong...but not sure why when a W could increase the likelihood of Marvin being in charge for another year.

And the title of this thread makes me think that it’s a case of the pot (Bengals) calling the kettle (Browns) black.  

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

Why didn't Peppers get a penalty when he gave Hue the ball during the last game? Are the turds the new stealers?

Because it wasn’t a penalty?  What exactly would the call be?  Handing the Bengals back their own game ball with a smile on their face?

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Why didn't Peppers get a penalty when he gave Hue the ball during the last game? 

Because it was hilarious? 

Some real glass houses shit with that "you play for the Browns" stuff.  Like the coach they fired for epic suckage wasn't immediately re-hired for some Redeemin' ?

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

I wish someone would fire up our team before a game.  Marvin is incapable of doing so.

What nonsense is this? I mean, he claps - a lot. 

I bet Ol' Sam was probably the best about firing up his team - wish we could get someone with that kind of charisma.

I am looking forward  to the game because I want to see how the Ohio State boys play:

Sam Hubbard, Billy Price and now Chris Worley.

Would like to see Sam pick up a sack or two,

Billy (who I still like in spite of the Eeoyeism about him around here) have a excellent game

and Chris make everyone say "where's he been?" while Nickerson stinks up the whole field.

Would like a big "fuck you, coaches" from Auden Tate, too.

And since I'm on a roll, I would like to find Taylor Swift in my stocking on Christmas morning.

lol... fuck Peppers....he was the most overrated player ever coming out of college and still sucks...

It sucks that I have to see a team he plays on actually beat my teams....

didn't really happen in college, but ole marv and the boys are making it happen in the pros.... 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I'm not all that happy about it but I actually think the Bengals win this game.

I just think the defense steps up and keeps Mayfield in check this time around, and Mixon and the offense do just enough to pull it out. 

The turds are officially eliminated, even though they were technically out of it already. If that makes any difference. 

And yes, the D that he saw the first game was a shell of the current D due to injuries. Neither one is very good, but the current one is much better. I am not a Hue fan, but would love to win this game so he can fuck you back to the turds and their 10 top 5 draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

And yes, the D that he saw the first game was a shell of the current D due to injuries. Neither one is very good, but the current one is much better. I am not a Hue fan, but would love to win this game so he can fuck you back to the turds and their 10 top 5 draft picks.

yeah I just see a bad day from Mayfield....I think our D causes a lot of problems for him this time around. 

Archived