Off Topic - Reds make Blockbuster trade!!

Jason

8 hours ago, VonBlade said:

Did we completely fleece them or am I missing something? Homer was on a horrific contract and was playing like Milton... as far I can tell we made off like bandits.

I think for the Dodgers it was about the prospects we sent them and unloading salary. I think they want Bryce Harper. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think for the Dodgers it was about the prospects we sent them and unloading salary. I think they want Bryce Harper. 

The LA Times says they got the better deal because they got rid of Puig. Not joking

The ESPN piece doesn't mention Cincinnati until the 3rd paragraph.  

Bailey will be immediately released to free agency as a condition of allowing himself to be traded.  In other words I assume he is retiring.  Not sure if he knows that yet.

And all they need to do is score 7 runs a game since our pitchers are so awesome.

This is simply a salary dump by LA to get Bryce Harper and an attempt by Cincy to sell season tickets. The Reds sold less than 50% of their tickets last year.  All of these players will be gone by the trading deadline. 

33 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And all they need to do is score 7 runs a game since our pitchers are so awesome.

This is simply a salary dump by LA to get Bryce Harper and an attempt by Cincy to sell season tickets. The Reds sold less than 50% of their tickets last year.  All of these players will be gone by the trading deadline. 

They will have a formidable lineup and have added 2 pitchers to the rotation.  And they are not done.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

They will have a formidable lineup and have added 2 pitchers to the rotation.  And they are not done.

LOL. Ok, I will increase my curiosity meter to 2. I am putting a reminder on my calendar to reassess my viewpoint on July 4. 

Archived