20 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Disc Golf is a great alternative if you're cheap and like to get high.

If anyone wants to meet up at Hueston Woods the next time weather permits, it's a great wooded 2x18 through old growth forest along the lake & I could stand to knock the rust off.

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If anyone wants to meet up at Hueston Woods the next time weather permits, it's a great wooded 2x18 through old growth forest along the lake & I could stand to knock the rust off.

And if you're ever in Virginia, let me know. We have some great courses out here.

80c6560e.jpg

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And if you're ever in Virginia, let me know. We have some great courses out here.

Ever play Idlewild in Burlington, KY?  I haven't, but it's rated one of the best in the world, on the pro tour circuit, huge water hazard & trees everywhere..

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Ever play Idlewild in Burlington, KY?  I haven't, but it's rated one of the best in the world, on the pro tour circuit, huge water hazard & trees everywhere..

I'm an "open" player... Basically I qualify for Pro events but am not a part of the tour. But they had their first pro event there last year and I played. Actually a very good course for me. I'm not a big distance guy, and Idewild requires more accuracy than distance. Reminds me a bit of my closest course "The Monster". Long holes, and if you miss the fairway, you're going to have a bad day.

The actually had to shorten some holes and remove some mandos for 2018. (Mando - It is mandatory that you go to the right of this tree) However, due to weather, I skipped it this year.

The course is crazy hard. I finished at 9 over, and that had me at the top of the 'Senior' leader boards. (I would have won if my ace on hole 11 didn't bounce out.) For reference, I was 6 under in my last tourney and was second to last. McBeth was only 12 under after 3 rounds.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Another team?

Bengals or nothing.

And I don't do nothing.

Fuck em' all and Go Bengals through thick and thin

I feel the same way.. as much as I hate how this team is ran, I could never switch teams. 

Although..if they hire ole hue as head coach next year, my interest in watching will be drastically reduced.  I will not miss stuff to watch them.

When the Titans made it to Nashville in 1999, I lived fairly close by, and tried to switch teams.  I couldn't do it, and that was with a Titans team in my back door coming an outstretched arm's length from becoming Super Bowl champions.  I knew then that it would forever be Bengals or nobody.

Twenty years later, my give-a-shit level for all spectator sports has dwindled considerably, so when the Bengals suck, I revert to being an extremely casual observer of the league as a whole, and ignore the Bengals as best I can.  I'm aware of whether they win or lose, and come here and scan some threads to see what the reaction is, but it doesn't really affect me, either way.  The only real joy I get from the NFL these days is watching the Pittsburgh Stealers lose, and hoping that the losses are as excruciating and heartbreaking as possible, and that Ben Roethlisberger has a career-ending injury.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Another team?

Bengals or nothing.

And I don't do nothing.

Fuck em' all and Go Bengals through thick and thin.

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I feel the same way.. as much as I hate how this team is ran, I could never switch teams. 

Although..if they hire ole hue as head coach next year, my interest in watching will be drastically reduced.  I will not miss stuff to watch them.

I guess I am in the same boat as you two.  I have been a fan since the beginning and will never be ever to entirely give them up.  I am sure I will be a passive fan, watch them on TV occasionally if on in my viewing area which only happens when they don't suck.  Maybe when Mike Brown is out of the picture and Katie, Troy and Paul jr want to change the ways the franchise will run maybe I look at things differently.  But I am not holding my breath.

If things do not change in a few years then I feel that is a strong signal that the Bengals will be up for sale.  I think the lease expires in 2026 with rolling 2 year leases after if the Bengals want.  PBS will be 26 years old, Katie will be pushing 60 and unless her daughters or brother Paul jr want to make ago of it, the Brown Family trust might decide to take the $1.5-2 billion and run away.  The Raiders paid over $300 and the Rams/Chargers over $600 million to the NFL to move.  I don't ever see the Browns ever doing that to move...they will sell.  Of course that all depends on Mike Brown gone.

I guess my one wish is for the Bengals to sell to a white night who wants to keep the team in CIncy.  I am not holding my breath on that either.

So I am stuck.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:04 PM, MichaelWeston said:

If Marvin is back or Hue is hired can we please pick a new team to follow. This is suppossed to be fun. It's not fun. 

Any ideas?

Vikings?

Sorry, the Bengals are in my blood.  I followed them through the lost decade, I won't stop now.

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Another team?

Bengals or nothing.

And I don't do nothing.

Fuck em' all and Go Bengals through thick and thin.

I would feel the same if Mike Brown and his family were trying but they don’t give a shit about us fans.  New Orleans sucked for a long time but their owner tried and was at least very visible at the games and in the city.

Fuck Mike Brown and his gold spoon parasite children.  Supporting them is like supporting Facebook. 

Buncha Cowboys fans in my family so..   Yeah I know, but they hate the Stealers almost as much as we do, at least the older fans anyhow.

I wouldn't be at all mad if Whitworth got a ring. Ditto for Zimmer but the Bears are a better team IMO and fun to watch.  KC is too, and also are not New England or Pittsburgh.  Throw in the Texans for that matter.

Yeah I don't care.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:13 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm an "open" player... Basically I qualify for Pro events but am not a part of the tour. But they had their first pro event there last year and I played. Actually a very good course for me. I'm not a big distance guy, and Idewild requires more accuracy than distance. Reminds me a bit of my closest course "The Monster". Long holes, and if you miss the fairway, you're going to have a bad day.

The actually had to shorten some holes and remove some mandos for 2018. (Mando - It is mandatory that you go to the right of this tree) However, due to weather, I skipped it this year.

The course is crazy hard. I finished at 9 over, and that had me at the top of the 'Senior' leader boards. (I would have won if my ace on hole 11 didn't bounce out.) For reference, I was 6 under in my last tourney and was second to last. McBeth was only 12 under after 3 rounds.

ndgt.gif.90ba0effa977a0ef3fbcfec36bbefe3e.gif

Impressive!  Still looking for my first ace, 3-4 pin hits but no joy.  Hueston Woods is a great home course but my favorite so far is White Spar in Prescott.  It's a primitive, par-whatever paint course in National Forest. I never even found the 14th Hole.  Maybe you have to be a native Yavapai to see it, IDK.

The signage:

4f8a130e_m.jpg

The tees are just kind of  level spots squared off with rocks, timber.. Standing in one here:

243deac9_m.jpg

or just a number on a log:

e1cb96fa_m.jpg

Ditto for the baskets:

6a925c8b_m.jpg 

a652f93c_m.jpg

Whatever team anybody wants to jump ship to surely has a fan forum to join so you can leave this one. They might not be as tolerant of whining though. Or then again, they may be as susceptible to complaining about everything even on fan sites of the NFL darling teams.

16 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I've been a Bengals fan since '76.  I'll die a Bengals fan.  Fuck the dumb shit.

I have been one since 1974.  If management decides to keep Marvin or Hue becomes our coach that is the ultimate DUMB Shit.  That is simply waiving their finger at the fans.  Fuck them.  As incompetent as the Browns have been, they at least tried.  

Live in Nashville and follow The Titans as well. Problem is, TN has had so many Bengal-like seasons that it's hard to get excited.

That said, they are trying to change the culture at least. New coach, newish GM etc.

And they've won a playoff game as recently as last year.

Still, they are a ways from being a real contender.

That damn Stealers playoff 15/16 game added a real hex to this team that won't be shook off until every player and staff member from that team is gone.

I've followed this shitbag team for so long and endured so much fan fuckover that and thought I'd stick with them thru thick and thin. Now I'm absolutely re-thinking that.

Football culture is getting lamer and its just not worth the emotional grief this team doles out. 

I'd almost consider going Steeler just for the chance to punish this team twice a season for all their grief. But alas I seriously doubt MB gives a fuck if Bengal fans go to the dark side and Steeler fans are choads.

New new team that joins the NFL is getting my Bengal card.

56 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You can be Superfan all you want but the fact is the Bengals season ends Sunday.   If you intend to watch the playoffs at all you probably have a rooting interest somewhere. 

Rooting interest is one thing.  But I will only ever be a FAN of the Bengals.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, Bleeds Orange said:

When the Titans made it to Nashville in 1999, I lived fairly close by, and tried to switch teams.  I couldn't do it, and that was with a Titans team in my back door coming an outstretched arm's length from becoming Super Bowl champions.  I knew then that it would forever be Bengals or nobody.

Twenty years later, my give-a-shit level for all spectator sports has dwindled considerably, so when the Bengals suck, I revert to being an extremely casual observer of the league as a whole, and ignore the Bengals as best I can.  I'm aware of whether they win or lose, and come here and scan some threads to see what the reaction is, but it doesn't really affect me, either way.  The only real joy I get from the NFL these days is watching the Pittsburgh Stealers lose, and hoping that the losses are as excruciating and heartbreaking as possible, and that Ben Roethlisberger has a career-ending injury.

I'm kinda the same, although I will watch the games when I can, but I work Sundays now so that makes it hard (and also weirdly easy when we suck if that makes sense). My one short term hope for now is just beating the Squeels this coming Sunday. I'll be able to watch since it's a late game, and beating them would be a fairly satisfying end to an abysmally coached, horribly injured season.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:24 PM, Shebengal said:

That’s my NFC team.

I like the Vikings too. I kind of always have. Obviously the Zimmer connection is there (and I have an ongoing bromance/fantasy where he's the BENGALS coach, as he probably should have been before he left), but man....I'm just old enough and have watched NFL ball long enough where I remember those mid-1970's Vikings teams...the "Purple People Eaters" defense, Fran Tarkenton, etc. Speaking of which, the new rules favoring the offense even more than the LAST set of rules favoring the offense is eliminating cool shit like defenses with nicknames. "Legion Of Boom" is the last one I remember, and that was before BOTH sets of "new rules" were put into place. "Orange Crush", "Steel Curtain"...this is part of WHY I loved the NFL in the first place.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:25 AM, SF2 said:

I would feel the same if Mike Brown and his family were trying but they don’t give a shit about us fans.  New Orleans sucked for a long time but their owner tried and was at least very visible at the games and in the city.

Fuck Mike Brown and his gold spoon parasite children.  Supporting them is like supporting Facebook. 

Yeah, I have always hated Brown's staid and plaid ownership approach. Not that I'd want him to be Jerry Jones, for instance, but I'd take Jerry Jones as my owner over Brown at any moment. You know what I mean.

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

ndgt.gif.90ba0effa977a0ef3fbcfec36bbefe3e.gif

Impressive!  Still looking for my first ace, 3-4 pin hits but no joy.  Hueston Woods is a great home course but my favorite so far is White Spar in Prescott.  It's a primitive, par-whatever paint course in National Forest. I never even found the 14th Hole.  Maybe you have to be a native Yavapai to see it, IDK.

The signage:

4f8a130e_m.jpg

The tees are just kind of  level spots squared off with rocks, timber.. Standing in one here:

243deac9_m.jpg

or just a number on a log:

e1cb96fa_m.jpg

Ditto for the baskets:

6a925c8b_m.jpg 

a652f93c_m.jpg

LOL. If I was high (and I am, and am often) AND younger, I would consider throwing frisbee discs into that as some form of adventure, with ancient runes being my only guide to the basket. Or something. Like I said.....Stoner's Paradise. Not a bad or un-fun place to be either. Just ask monied stoners in Colorado.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Whatever team anybody wants to jump ship to surely has a fan forum to join so you can leave this one. They might not be as tolerant of whining though. Or then again, they may be as susceptible to complaining about everything even on fan sites of the NFL darling teams.

Now, now. 

2 hours ago, BENGALS666 said:

Live in Nashville and follow The Titans as well. Problem is, TN has had so many Bengal-like seasons that it's hard to get excited.

That said, they are trying to change the culture at least. New coach, newish GM etc.

And they've won a playoff game as recently as last year.

Still, they are a ways from being a real contender.

That damn Stealers playoff 15/16 game added a real hex to this team that won't be shook off until every player and staff member from that team is gone.

I've followed this shitbag team for so long and endured so much fan fuckover that and thought I'd stick with them thru thick and thin. Now I'm absolutely re-thinking that.

Football culture is getting lamer and its just not worth the emotional grief this team doles out. 

I'd almost consider going Steeler just for the chance to punish this team twice a season for all their grief. But alas I seriously doubt MB gives a fuck if Bengal fans go to the dark side and Steeler fans are choads.

New new team that joins the NFL is getting my Bengal card.

Dude! It's our resident Devil Music composer paying us a visit to dispense treats and curses with equal magnanimity! 

:049::049:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You can be Superfan all you want but the fact is the Bengals season ends Sunday.   If you intend to watch the playoffs at all you probably have a rooting interest somewhere. 

Pretty much. I have rooting interests. In spite of the "new rules", Patrick Mahomes is ridiculously fun to watch, Brees is having an amazing year, there's two teams in LA that are good and also fun to watch. 

On 12/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, Le Tigre said:

Even as a yank, I have--over the course of the past 4 years--become an unabashed follower of the Premier League (and world football in general). So much so, that it has become my sport of choice. The NFL is not even on the radar behind. 

Will be at the pub bright and early on Boxing Day for the full fixtures! 

Will not not mention my EPL side, other than they happen to sit on top of the table currently. :wink:

Oof. Liverpool huh.
My team (since 81) is currently 2nd. Enjoying a small run of good seasons after dozens of miserable ones.

3 hours ago, VonBlade said:

Oof. Liverpool huh.
My team (since 81) is currently 2nd. Enjoying a small run of good seasons after dozens of miserable ones.

Been a huge Liverpool fan ever since Steven Gerrard’s epic FA cup final against West Ham including the 36 yard rifle shot to tie it in extra time.  Every time my son scores a goal he pats himself on the back.   90 minutes, 15 min halftime, no commercials, game over.  Maybe 1 replay review a game but that number is high. 

Archived