Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended Posts

If Marvin is back or Hue is hired can we please pick a new team to follow. This is suppossed to be fun. It's not fun. 

 

Any ideas?

Vikings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If Marvin is back or Hue is hired can we please pick a new team to follow. This is suppossed to be fun. It's not fun. 

 

Any ideas?

Vikings?

Colts or Tenn. Colts are only 2 hours from my house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ArmyBengal said:

you'd be better off with a whole new sport

Football is the best sport. There is only one franchise run this way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the NFL I don't give the slightest F about any team other than the Bengals. 

 

Hopefully the xfl picks up Tebow and I can be a xfl fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

With the NFL I don't give the slightest F about any team other than the Bengals. 

 

Hopefully the xfl picks up Tebow and I can be a xfl fan. 

He plays for the Mets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

He plays for the Mets

Right. On the Syracuse roster this season to start.  I'm go watch when they come to Louisville for a three game stint with the Bats in May. 

 

Still though. Mets or XFL I'm going xfl if I'm Tebow. He can play baseball when he's 40. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

If Marvin is back or Hue is hired can we please pick a new team to follow. This is suppossed to be fun. It's not fun. 

 

Any ideas?

Vikings?

Golf is a lot of fun if you have a good amount of extra money to burn.  This time of year on a Sunday you might have most of the course all to yourself.  

Also excellent time of year for croppie fishin. An of course always deer season during foolsball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Golf is a lot of fun if you have a good amount of extra money to burn. 

That's the problem, IMO - it has become ENORMOUSLY expensive. 

 

At the moment, I am rooting for the Saints. I didn't ever realize what a stealer cock gobbler Jim Nantz is. Complaining about every call that doesn't go their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to root for the Steelers. Sorry guys, a winner is a winner, even if can haz rape.

 

Just kidding.

 

My youngest son is a Colts fan so I have been rooting for them. They're close and hard to hate because they're a well-run (and well-quarterbacked) franchise, and we're Indiana residents, so...whatever. I never care much once the Bengals are done for the year. And surely you guys would rather them than the Rats, amirite? Saints are fun to watch, the Chiefs even funner but my heart really isn't in it anymore.

 

Remember when just getting to the playoffs was the bar? And for five years in a row we went and failed? Look at our team now. I think the jury is no longer out on which is better. At least making the playoffs is better than the shit we've been watching for three seasons in a row now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Golf is a lot of fun if you have a good amount of extra money to burn.  This time of year on a Sunday you might have most of the course all to yourself.  

Also excellent time of year for croppie fishin. An of course always deer season during foolsball. 

Disc Golf is a great alternative if you're cheap and like to get high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Disc Golf is a great alternative if you're cheap and like to get high.

No joke, I like to get high and I went and watched others play frisbee golf. Commentated and everything, no shit. THAT'S a sport that needs a hallucinogenic drug requirement AND intimate TV coverage for the Tiger Woods-esque philosophical conversations that occur in frisbee golf before each tee ("Can I pee here?" and "Can anyone see me?" being chief amongst them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bunghole said:

No joke, I like to get high and I went and watched others play frisbee golf. Commentated and everything, no shit. THAT'S a sport that needs a hallucinogenic drug requirement AND intimate TV coverage for the Tiger Woods-esque philosophical conversations that occur in frisbee golf before each tee ("Can I pee here?" and "Can anyone see me?" being chief amongst them).

Paul McBeth was on Sportscenter this year for an amazing performance. He then signed with Disccraft for $1M+. It's getting to be pretty serious.

We play every weekend, and I even have a membership to a private course.
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Paul McBeth was on Sportscenter this year for an amazing performance. He then signed with Disccraft for $1M+. It's getting to be pretty serious.

We play every weekend, and I even have a membership to a private course.
 


 

I totally believe it. I didn't mean to directly rag on something you like, only to comment on the state of the sport as it was around these parts circa 1995. Total Stoner bonanza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I totally believe it. I didn't mean to directly rag on something you like, only to comment on the state of the sport as it was around these parts circa 1995. Total Stoner bonanza.

Didn't take it that way brother. Just took the opportunity to pimp my sport. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick Mahomes is the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Switch to the Chiefs with me. They share the same midwestern values. A few hour drive down I-70 I think. Cool jerseys and stadium. Racist name.

 

I think it's a no brainer. This may be our one chance to get in on something big 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll just revert to what has been my 2nd favorite team: Whoever is playing the stealers.   We won yesterday!

 

Sadly, it doesn’t look good for next week.

 

I grew up in central Indiana, but moved to Cincinnati before the Colts moved from Baltimore.  Otherwise, they would likely have been “my team”.  I still hope that they do well.  

 

🦗

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend’s son plays Quidditch for the Miami of Ohio club team.   No, I am not making this shit up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always be a Bengals fan of some sort, but my engagement reduces year after year.  I didn't even look at the score until 6:30pm last night.  Played golf yesterday afternoon and then had a hockey game to watch.  I knew what the outcome would be and I wasn't disappointed. 

 

I've always respected the Saints and their fans.  Back in the day had Falcons season tickets with some friends.  The Saints game was the best ever.  Big party with friendly people. I root for them to do well.

 

Frisbee golf...haha....when my son was playing baseball they used to practice at a park that had a frisbee golf course.  Could smell the reefer the entire practice!  ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's the difference between English fandom and US fandom, but either I root for the Bengals or pay zero attention to the NFL.

 

I can't even pretend to care about other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

Maybe it's the difference between English fandom and US fandom, but either I root for the Bengals or pay zero attention to the NFL.

 

I can't even pretend to care about other teams.

Even as a yank, I have--over the course of the past 4 years--become an unabashed follower of the Premier League (and world football in general). So much so, that it has become my sport of choice. The NFL is not even on the radar behind. 

 

Will be at the pub bright and early on Boxing Day for the full fixtures! 

 

Will not not mention my EPL side, other than they happen to sit on top of the table currently. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Sunday ticket and haven't watched a game in a month and am somehow happier. I probably won't re-up next season unless some drastic (for this franchise) changes are enacted  Also, I'm drinking a lot less on Sundays (true story). 

 

4As far as rooting for another team, it probably won't happen as misery is engrained in my DNA, but pulling for whoever is playing the Stealers is an enjoyable past time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...