• Miami Dolphins
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Oakland Raiders
  • Baltimore Ravens (Div.)
  • Pittsburgh Stealers (Div.)
  • Cleveland Browns (Div.)

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

This guy sure went from rising star hot shit to regular plain old shit in a hurry.  I assume Marvin or Hue will hire him as our next DC.

Funny how Elway seems to be made out of teflon.  That team isn't very good personnel wise.  How he won a Super Bowl with broken down Peyton Manning at the helm had to be an act of God.  If he would have had even a decent QB they would have rolled that year like the 85 Bears.  Keep in mind Manning threw for 141 yards and was 1-14 on 3rd down conversions in the Super Bowl.  That Defense was special.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:35 AM, High School Harry said:

Here is what the 2019 slate looks like for the Bengals: 

Home

Looks like a recipe for the worst attendance numbers in PBS history.

1 minute ago, Catfish Bob said:

Looks like a recipe for the worst attendance numbers in PBS history.

Or best.

There looks like there may be a few games the new Holy Trinity of Father Marv, Son Hue and Holy Ghost Vance

and first round draft pick, Ohio State quarterback, Dwayne Haskins, could win.

9 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Or best.

There looks like there may be a few games the new Holy Trinity of Father Marv, Son Hue and Holy Ghost Vance

and first round draft pick, Ohio State quarterback, Dwayne Haskins, could win.

Meh. Started 4-1 this year and still went 3rd last in attendance.

Cardinals, 49ers, Jets and Jags games that place will be a ghost town. Plus the Cards 49ers and Jags will probably improve over the offseason and beat the brakes off us.

2 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Meh. Started 4-1 this year and still went 3rd last in attendance.

Cardinals, 49ers, Jets and Jags games that place will be a ghost town.

Judging by last season lots of 49ers, Jets, Jags and Cardinals fans in the seats.

I'm still looking forward to the Raiders if they move to Las  Vegas for a long weekend.

If they move to LV next season, they will have their choice of a pile of dirt and some curious-looking concrete figures along the former Dean Martin Drive, or Sam Boyd Stadium at its top-end 40K best (then they would be the somewhere-off-I 515-Henderson Raiders).

Or they could ask to share space with Bishop Gorman HS.

13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

If they move to LV next season, they will have their choice of a pile of dirt and some curious-looking concrete figures along the former Dean Martin Drive, or Sam Boyd Stadium at its top-end 40K best (then they would be the somewhere-off-I 515-Henderson Raiders).

Or they could ask to share space with Bishop Gorman HS.

Having an NFL team in LV is.. interesting.  Will fans be able to place bets at the stadium?

That will be a negative. There will, however, be a footbridge over I-15 to the sports books on the Strip for all of those who can't contain themselves from wagering (all pre-game, of course, as bets are closed prior to beginnings of games). 

The Flying Dutchman that will be next season's Raiders, is interesting. Instead of just giving their original hometown the concessions they should have given them long ago (like maybe paying a sizeable portion into the stadium they want), they play this whack-a-mole 2019 game: which includes playing in baseball stadiums in SF, an abandoned NFL city in SD, and undersized college fields in Henderson NV. 

And people here think the Bengals are a wreck. Oh, but the Raiders at least "are trying". 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

That will be a negative. There will, however, be a footbridge over I-15 to the sports books on the Strip for all of those who can't contain themselves from wagering (all pre-game, of course, as bets are closed prior to beginnings of games). 

The Flying Dutchman that will be next season's Raiders, is interesting. Instead of just giving their original hometown the concessions they should have given them long ago (like maybe paying a sizeable portion into the stadium they want), they play this whack-a-mole 2019 game: which includes playing in baseball stadiums in SF, an abandoned NFL city in SD, and undersized college fields in Henderson NV. 

And people here think the Bengals are a wreck. Oh, but the Raiders at least "are trying". 

That Mack trade leads me to believe they're effectively operating in limbo for the next 2-3 years. Pretty weird way to run an NFL franchise but as we all know, there aren't really standards for NFL ownership.

It gives the appearance of "trying"...same with the Cooper thing. Hiring Chucky for 10 years, and giving him everything he ever wanted--including a de facto no-fire clause--was the dead giveaway they had no intentions of really "trying" until they got to Vegas and got settled into their $2 billion stadium. They will cede a few disaster seasons in order to start reaping the money whirlwind waiting for them in the desert. And I did not say anything about on the field after that even--as the guarantees they got out of that deal, doesn't even require winning. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I think your right on. The gambling is going to cause a chit show. Like Churchill on derby day. People will get rekt ruin their finances and blame the NFL.   Conspiracies will be running wild. Who trusts a NFL game in Vegas? 

They don't do live bets in Vegas? I pretty sure the automated bookies there do. 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, T-Dub said:

This guy sure went from rising star hot shit to regular plain old shit in a hurry.  I assume Marvin or Hue will hire him as our next DC.

And that's true of teams too. Not only would you have been a sucker to pencil in a win against the 2018 Rams against the 2017 version, you'd have been even sillier to pencil in the previously 4-1 Bengals as a loss.

We could be seeing an end of the season Patriots team missing Brady, or a Raiders team stocked with 1st rounders and hitting stride in their new digs.

11 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Move them to Louisville for one season. We have a super nice stadium that is crushing others like PBS. 

I can see the raiders as a team always on the move without a long term home. 

That would be awesome 

Archived