Add three more to IR

Sports

Bengals put three more on injured reserve

Darin Gantt,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 1 hour 8 minutes ago 

With the way the Bengals season has gone, three more guys on injured reserve seems like a fitting end to the season.

The team announced the latest moves, putting wide receiver Tyler Boyd, linebacker Jordan Evans, and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on IR, pushing their total for the year to 18.

That includes quarterback Andy Dalton, wide receiver A.J. Green, and tight end Tyler Eifert, which is a lot of the reason they’re 6-9 and playing out the string Sunday against the Stealers.

Boyd emerged as a legitimate weapon this year, topping the 1,000-yard barrier against the Raiders before leaving with a knee injury in Week 15, not to return again.

To fill the roster spots, the Bengals promoted running back Quinton Flowers, offensive tackle Kent Perkins, and wide receiver Hunter Sharp from their practice squad.

Just so we don't say "Who Dey?" and really mean it during the broadcast.

I love these moves. Gives us a chance to see them on the field and keeps them for 2019 offseason. I am high on all 3 of them. Loved Sharp coming out of college. If I remember correctly his numbers were awesome in college. Interesting they promoted him over Kermit Whitfield (who I also like). I don't think WR should be something we go hard after this offseason. We have tons of youth. Grab a castoff vet with a vet minimum contract who works hard, eventually re-sign Boyd and Green.....We have 9 guys I like at the position. 

I wish Perkins got to play some more. He could be a gem. I remember reading about him at some point showing well. Can't be worse than Ogbuehi. 

Flowers is somebody who might be a complete wildcard or wildcat at QB for us. 

Archived