2019 Draft Position

Coming into today we needed quite a few things to happen and so far so good (assuming we lose today and end 6-10).

Buffalo beat MIA making them 6-10 (Good, not sure who would win/lose the tiebreaker...it may be a coin flip)

Carolina beat NO making them 7- 9 (Good)

ATL beat TB making them 7 - 9 (Good)

NYG beat DAL making NYG 5-11 (bad)

HOU beat JAX leaving JAX 5-111 (bad)

We still need Baltimore to win, just to keep the Stealers out of the playoffs

Washington to beat Philly to make WAS 8-8 (in case we win)

DEN to beat SD to make DEN 7-9

Hopefully we get a top 10 pick.  Who Dey

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

They are going to fool around and win this game.  And pick 16th.

I love the fact that we're beating PIT, but we really need to lose this.  Picking 9th in every round vs. picking 16th in every round is a huge difference.  At 9 we can probably get Devin Bush and start to solve our 14-year problem at linebacker.

4 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I love the fact that we're beating PIT, but we really need to lose this.  Picking 9th in every round vs. picking 16th in every round is a huge difference.  At 9 we can probably get Devin Bush and start to solve our 14-year problem at linebacker.

The best we can do is 10 if Denver beats SD LA.  (I will never get used to them not being San Diego.)  And the pick will rotate among teams with the same record.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

11 is a real good spot for a stud LB.

Devin White would look pretty nice in stripes, IMO. 

I'd be happy with a stud LB or OL here, damn shame it will probably be a CB or TE.

Because Mike Brown that's why.

6 minutes ago, gupps said:

I'd be happy with a stud LB or OL here, damn shame it will probably be a CB or TE.

Because Mike Brown that's why.

If Dennard leaves a CB wouldn't be a horrible pick.  Especially if he's BPA.  But I'd rather have LT or LB.  Or Haskins.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If Dennard leaves a CB wouldn't be a horrible pick.  Especially if he's BPA.  But I'd rather have LT or LB.  Or Haskins.

Don't take this as an insult or anything, but this team isn't good enough to be taking BPA with an early draft pick. There are a couple of position groups that are rolling dumpster fires and need  to be fixed immediately. Deion Sanders reincarnated isn't gonna keep my blood pressure down when Redmond or Hart commits their obligatory holding/false start penalty killing a drive. Save the BPA for when we actually have a few playoff wins under our belt.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Don't take this as an insult or anything, but this team isn't good enough to be taking BPA with an early draft pick. There are a couple of position groups that are rolling dumpster fires and need  to be fixed immediately. Deion Sanders reincarnated isn't gonna keep my blood pressure down when Redmond or Hart commits their obligatory holding/false start penalty killing a drive. Save the BPA for when we actually have a few playoff wins under our belt.

14 minutes ago, gupps said:

I agree the O-line and LB need to be addressed.  But if you think this team is bad then, unless you need a franchise QB, you have to go BPA.  If we lose Dennard then we have only 1 good CB, one average (being polite) CB, and a bunch of garbage.  If Dennard leaves we will be as bad at CB as OL.  In a passing league you have to have good ones.  There are quality LBs who would be available in round 2. Guard can be addressed in free agency.  And I think we have a couple of good RG candidates already on the roster.  Frankly, from a talent standpoint I don't think we are in bad shape.  We need better coaches and we need to stay healthy. And the only way I go CB is if Dennard leaves AND he is BPA. 

Also, did you read the whole post?  I would rather go LT or LB.

44 minutes ago, spicoli said:

you can forget about it.

once teams get to know him and really watch him throw, they're gonna fall in love.

he's top 3 at worst, IMO. ...top QB off the board.

Most likely.  But he's on my wish list until he's off the board.  :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, gupps said:

Truthfully, it’s about finally time this team finds a quality starter on the OL and LB from the middle rounds. They’ve hit on the Lawson’s, Marvin Jones’s, Geno’s, Hubbard’s, but never anything on the OL or LB (except Burfict, who fell for the same reasons everyone wants him gone for now).

Hit on a player in the middle rounds and you’re gonna be A LOT better off. 

Archived