Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown consensually uncouple

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

that's where you are wrong.. I would love to be happy with the way this team is ran, it's just been impossible the last few years with ole marv running the show.

ย 

and what ever hair shirt means I am sure is some kind of insult.. I have never insulted you.. so lets make another change today...go fuck yourself asshole.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

6 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

headlines are changing from fired to "mutual decision to part ways".ย 

Fired has been the only assumption. Marvin just said that he was out and is currently saying that they decided together. Mikey may have tried to talk him out of it.

How any fan is anything but extremely nervous about this is the reason we cannot have nice things.

ย 

Marvin Lewis ( Coach of the year, playoffs 7 times in 16 seasons )

ย 

Dick Lebeau - Garbage

ย 

Bruce Coslet - Garbage

ย 

Dave Shula - Garbage

ย 

Thats the last 4 coaches of the bengals, the odds are incredibly stacked against us.

3 minutes ago, Sox said:

Just floating this...IF the Browns hire from the outside,would Gregg Williams be a possibility?The Browns look like a completely different team since he took over.

I want no part of the guy.ย  IMO it's not a coincidence that Mayfield went full asshole after Williams took over, he is a notorious enabler of the worst qualities of his players.ย  That is something the Bengals *definitely* do not need.

ย 

In other news, anyone else watching Marvin's presser?ย  Notice he already has his golf shirt on lol

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

How any fan is anything but extremely nervous about this is the reason we cannot have nice things.

ย 

Marvin Lewis ( Coach of the year, playoffs 7 times in 16 seasons )

ย 

Dick Lebeau - Garbage

ย 

Bruce Coslet - Garbage

ย 

Dave Shula - Garbage

ย 

Thats the last 4 coaches of the bengals, the odds are incredibly stacked against us.

agreed.... but being nervous is better than expecting more of the same old shit.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

I want no part of the guy.ย  IMO it's not a coincidence that Mayfield went full asshole after Williams took over, he is a notorious enabler of the worst qualities of his players.ย  That is something the Bengals *definitely* do not need.

ย 

In other news, anyone else watching Marvin's presser?ย  Notice he already has his golf shirt on lol

Baker was already an asshole without Williams help.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

ย 

Agree. No to Gregg the Bounty Hunter.

Just now, fluhartz said:

agreed.... but being nervous is better than expecting more of the same old shit.

its never been the same old shit on marvins side, same old shit from andy, sure, but marvin has been a rollercoaster of what the rest of the nfl does, for once we were part of the nfl process, trying to form a full team to win.ย 

ย 

2003 - nothing but a few worthwhile peices.

2004 - an offense was forming nicely and defense was broken peices of frustrated vets and mediocre youth

2005-2007 - a diabolical offense, tops in the nfl, a defense that could pull turnovers and stand their own but still not solid overall especially 2006-2008

2009 - a mishmash of talent on offense and a top defense

2010 - jesus

2011-2017 - a top defense in the nfl, year after year, an offense who could hang but never really win a game on its own if it had to.

ย 

thats pretty much the full spectrum of nfl teams dynamics. for a franchise so far behind the 8 ball in so many other areas, this could easily be a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

1 minute ago, Sox said:

It was just a thought.What I REALLY want is a promising young coordinator...not a retread.

This is an interesting topic.ย  What do people think the Bengals need right now?ย  One potentially attractive thing about this team is that is not in a rebuild situation.ย  Fix the OL and the LB issues and suddenly you have (on paper at least) a very competitive team.ย  Of course the main ingredient that has been missing since forever is *organization*.ย  Give Marvin credit that he seemed to clean up the disorganization around the off-field and non-game related issues (real strength programs, getting and enabling real leaders, accountability, etc), but for me the thing I have to see from a new coaching staff is strict and expansive game-day preparation and organization.ย  Would a promising young coordinator give you that?ย  I'm not totally sold, since recent examples haven't always been great (McDaniels, comes to mind).ย ย 

ย 

Regardless of who it is they have to have an almost militaristic approach and be an extreme preparation freak who has the ability to be dynamic on game day - that's it.ย 

4 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

its never been the same old shit on marvins side, same old shit from andy, sure, but marvin has been a rollercoaster of what the rest of the nfl does, for once we were part of the nfl process, trying to form a full team to win.ย 

ย 

2003 - nothing but a few worthwhile peices.

2004 - an offense was forming nicely and defense was broken peices of frustrated vets and mediocre youth

2005-2007 - a diabolical offense, tops in the nfl, a defense that could pull turnovers and stand their own but still not solid overall especially 2006-2008

2009 - a mishmash of talent on offense and a top defense

2010 - jesus

2011-2017 - a top defense in the nfl, year after year, an offense who could hang but never really win a game on its own if it had to.

ย 

thats pretty much the full spectrum of nfl teams dynamics. for a franchise so far behind the 8 ball in so many other areas, this could easily be a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

ย 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Whatever...the next HC can try to win with half a team on IR. Or with this wonderfully non-judgmental fan base.ย 

had that conversation with montana last night.... "injuries are never an excuse" ... until they are.

ย 

while the cliche "everyone has injuries" is true... no one has 18 guys on IR ... i only remember one other year quite that bad injury wise in the last 15-20 years.

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

had that conversation with montana last night.... "injuries are never an excuse" ... until they are.

ย 

while the cliche "everyone has injuries" is true... no one has 18 guys on IR ... i only remember one other year quite that bad injury wise in the last 15-20 years.

While I have to agree that the team had no chance after a couple of the injuries happened, let's not forget that the defense went in the tank with most of the starters intact (most notably the DL), and that was the reason the season went down the tubes.ย  I mean, Lawson is a good player but did *everything* hinge around him?ย  I sure hope not.

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

yea.

ย 

he had 6 of those.

7 playoffs

ย 

before him we had 11 of 12 of those straight..... and zero playoffs...

ย 

i may have been educated in ohio but i still know which is better.

ok man..

I get it.. we sucked really bad before ole marv.. I remember those days too.

I really appreciate where he brought us from... but 0-7 and trending down isn't a good thing. it was time

ย 

I will never understand fans that are so afraid that weย will go back to the old days that they accept mediocrityย 

ย 

ย 

ALL fan bases are judgmental and all want to win.ย 

Truly. And they should be. Itโ€™s their dollars/butts in seats/viewership that give them every right to feel that way. And, while I get the point that fan bases generally hop to snap judgements, THIS is not one of those instances. Marvinโ€™s had plenty of years, and this season, with the rash of injuries, sure itโ€™s unfortunate this was the paramount season. But, this was a decision that arose from a *culmination* of long and shorter term ineptitude.

In all, it was time for a cultural shift. It probably was a few seasons ago. This is the right move, timing be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truly. And they should be. Itโ€™s their dollars/butts in seats/viewership that give them every right to feel that way. And, while I get the point that fan bases generally hop to snap judgements, THIS is not one of those instances. Marvinโ€™s had plenty of years, and this season, with the rash of injuries, sure itโ€™s unfortunate this was the paramount season. But, this was a decision that arose from a *culmination* of long and shorter term ineptitude.

In all, it was time for a cultural shift. It probably was a few seasons ago. This is the right move, timing be damned.

Archived