Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown consensually uncouple

LMAO at "history of fan brutality against players"... Bruh..

Bitch Boy found some garbage on his lawn, just like I'm sure many of us have at some point for various mundane reasons; stray dogs, possums, RACCOONS, high winds, dickhead neighbor kids, etc.. And you cuss to yourself and go clean it up. 

Bitch Boy immediately assumes it just HAS to be about him, because god knows the sun rises and sets on his golden head.. But OK, let's assume it was some shithead fans, I guess it's possible. So Fucking What. Tell your gardener to take care of it and wipe your tears away with some crisp Benji's. 

"Fan Brutality"?! Seriously? It wasn't a fucking al-qaeda car bomb ffs, get a grip.

Also while I'm not exactly on the Cincinnati Booster Committee your constant bashing of it comes off really forced. You haven't lived here in years so, 1, you really don't know wtf you're talking about and 2, it's the same old shit of person who has lived in one place their whole life shitting all over it when they leave. It makes me wonder who you are really trying to convince, ya dig? I've moved around quite a bit and never spent much time bashing the last place because I was happy with the new one. Just saying.

Love ya buddy but it really sounds like all this anger and animosity is misplaced. I'll leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Die in a fire. This is the best example I've seen in a while that says, "bring back negative rep on the board."

Because I kind of wanted him to be more successful. 

I would likely jump into a fire if they hired that guy. Preceded by all my Bengals paraphernalia. Possibly my children as well. 

58 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I want no part of the guy.  IMO it's not a coincidence that Mayfield went full asshole after Williams took over, he is a notorious enabler of the worst qualities of his players.  That is something the Bengals *definitely* do not need.

In other news, anyone else watching Marvin's presser?  Notice he already has his golf shirt on lol

That wasn't Williams.  He may have given Mayfield loose reigns to do that, but that's all Baker.

Just now, SF2 said:

This is nonsense.  Arresting dumbasses like PAC Man and Chris Henry is not police brutality and when did a fan ever brutally assault any of our players?  

mathias askew was tased  for parking partially on a curb, won lawsuit for what 25-50 mill from CPD?

chris henry was brought in by police because some kids claimed he and another played beat them up on the side of the road...

pacman was assaulted by a woman at a reds game, if it hadnt been caught on camera he was being accused of assaulting her

pacman was assaulted at the airport and airport employee shoved his wife

pacman was arrested trying to find his hotel room, one of the cops told him he did nothing wrong(on camera), the other forced the issue and made him be arrested.

i can probably find more if you need me to, this is just what i could remember.

not to mention the regular national publicity for white cops shooting black people in cincinnati, oh and getting away with it.

Just now, GoBengals said:

yes yes i typed nightlight instead of nightlife, very convenient way to ignore what you all know is facts that play into where millionaires with a choice use in planning to live and work.

Well, you're assuming tat everyone wants massive amounts of luxuries and night life. I'm sure when Marvin signed he was all "Where the clubs at dawg?" to Mike Brown.

Some coaches might not like having to keep players in check in a city with an active night life scene like Miami. Some might not want to deal with the aggressive Media in New York, or might not want to work for a guy like John Elway who will fire you quickly.

There's a billion reasons why people choose the jobs they choose, and my dream job might be your nightmare.

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

yes yes i typed nightlight instead of nightlife, very convenient way to ignore what you all know is facts that play into where millionaires with a choice use in planning to live and work.

Getting back to that, what I've noticed for coaches with an actual winning history and pedigree, what attracts them more than anything else is a sense that they can win with their new team.  This often hinges on who the GM and other execs are (very bad start for us) but it of course also depends on the roster (actually quite good for us, as I stated previously).  Another, perhaps unnoticed thing is for a coach who is arguably a legened/hall of fame candidate what often attracts them is - challenge.  The only potential candidate that maybe fits that mold that I can think of is McCarthy.  This sort of thinking is what made me predict my Leafs would land Mike Babcock because he turned down more money, a better roster and a more predictable ownership group for the challenge of finally creating a winner in a "win or I hate you" city.

To summarize, my hopes rest on a coach liking the roster and the challenge.  They can't possibly "like" the management situation and as you stated the quality of life questions aren't winners either.  

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, you're assuming tat everyone wants massive amounts of luxuries and night life. I'm sure when Marvin signed he was all "Where the clubs at dawg?" to Mike Brown.

Some coaches might not like having to keep players in check in a city with an active night life scene like Miami. Some might not want to deal with the aggressive Media in New York, or might not want to work for a guy like John Elway who will fire you quickly.

There's a billion reasons why people choose the jobs they choose, and my dream job might be your nightmare.

ha ha 

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

mathias askew was tased  for parking partially on a curb, won lawsuit for what 25-50 mill from CPD?

chris henry was brought in by police because some kids claimed he and another played beat them up on the side of the road...

pacman was assaulted by a woman at a reds game, if it hadnt been caught on camera he was being accused of assaulting her

pacman was assaulted at the airport and airport employee shoved his wife

pacman was arrested trying to find his hotel room, one of the cops told him he did nothing wrong(on camera), the other forced the issue and made him be arrested.

i can probably find more if you need me to, this is just what i could remember.

not to mention the regular national publicity for white cops shooting black people in cincinnati, oh and getting away with it.

You, Kenny and Father Brown must be the only people not related to them or retained as legal council who could claim with a straight face that Jones or Henry were victims of anything but their own stupidity. Half your examples are Pacman! And you think "fan brutality" is the common thread there?

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

which is CLEARLY why i said millionaires with a choice. marvin was an up and coming coordinator that worked out (as far as percentages go). we are talking about coaches with a history of success who will be offered several jobs, barely known coordinators getting a first chance..

which for fucks sake was the whole point, which is disturbing that you didnt even catch... i thought it was clear, whats being said is.. NO PROVEN SUCCESSFUL GREAT PLAYERS and proven successful great coaches are coming here for those reasons.

SOOO.. . coaches arent going to want to come because its a bunk job with bad ownership, in a shit city with shit weather, playersa rent going to want to come for the same reasons, plus the nightlife, the lack of endorsements, etc.

cincinnati is in no way a destination city for professional athletes.

sure there are exceptions at every level. but speaking in generalities..... which is why we has seen countless free agents come here and go elsewhere for same or less money. 

so in closing. denver has a better chance of getting a good coach, miami has a better chance of getting a good coach, new york has a better chance of getting a good coach, arizona has a better chance of getting a good coach, cleveland with a shit city, has a better chance with at least a promising young QB and talented roster has a better chance of getting a good coach, jacksonville may or may not... probably equal, jacksonville sucks. GREEN BAY needs a coach..... this was a terrible year to need a coach.... 

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

not to mention the regular national publicity for white cops shooting black people in cincinnati

Yeah, because when I think BLM, I constantly think of how Cincy was the flash point. How Eric Garner lost his life selling loosies in Indian Hills.

Seriously man, Ohio is in the midwest so it's assumed to be racist, but if you think it has anything on New York for police brutality, I'm not sure where you get your news.

3 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

which for fucks sake was the whole point, which is disturbing that you didnt even catch... i thought it was clear, whats being said is.. NO PROVEN SUCCESSFUL GREAT PLAYERS and proven successful great coaches are coming here for those reasons.

Lighten up Francis. Your point was made and understood, it's just dead wrong and poorly thought out.

(And LOL, Marvin was just a poor up and coming coordinator... After being the hot crap D-Coord for the "Greatest defense of all time". And I'm sure before that he only had D-Coord jobs that paid $35K a year and was broke.)

If you think I didn't get or understand what you were saying based on your reading of my reply, you might want to check your own comprehension my friend.

Yeah, because when I think BLM, I constantly think of how Cincy was the flash point. How Eric Garner lost his life selling loosies in Indian Hills.

Seriously man, Ohio is in the midwest so it's assumed to be racist, but if you think it has anything on New York for police brutality, I'm not sure where you get your news.

you keep bringing up shit that isnt relevant.

we are talking about the perception of nfl players and coaches in picking teams.

we arent talking about general public police brutality, lets be honest few players give a fuck if OTHER people are treated poorly, but i cant think of another city with more fans attacking PLAYERS or police attacking PLAYERS news in the last 15 years than cincinnati.

and i live 1200 miles away....

what just happened:

me: the police tased and arrested a player over a parking ticket, he had to sue them and won tens of millions

you: but the black on black crime in chicago!!!1111

its this delusion from the fanbase that kills me. 

6 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

being from cincinnati, going to university of cincinnati and miami, and a lifelong diehard bengals fan.... if i had my pick of coaching jobs cincinnati wouldnt even be in my top 3.

Yeah, but not everyone suffers from your bitter Ex syndrome.

I'm from Florida and I wouldn't take the Miami job if it came with mosquito repellent and free blowjobs. Miami fucking sucks. Not everyone shares my opinion or lived there long enough to want to get away. I don't treat it like the word of God that Miami sucks because I think it does.

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, but not everyone suffers from your bitter Ex syndrome.

I'm from Florida and I wouldn't take the Miami job if it came with mosquito repellent and free blowjobs. Miami fucking sucks. Not everyone shares my opinion or lived there long enough to want to get away. I don't treat it like the word of God that Miami sucks because I think it does.

im going to assume, just guessing, you arent a millionaire athlete/coach who can live the most luxurious type of life in or around miami? which is what we are talking about.....  i would never want to be anywhere near green bay... but id damn sure take that job over the bengals job.

me: the police tased and arrested a player over a parking ticket, he had to sue them and won tens of millions

you: but the black on black crime in chicago!!!1111

Someone in New Jersey: What the hell are you talking about? I didn't hear anything about it, and if I did I wouldn't have paid attention because I don't care about Ohio. I heard about Trayvon Martin in Florida, I remember Eric Garner in New York... You're telling me someone got tased?

giphy.gif

Someone in New Jersey: What the hell are you talking about? I didn't hear anything about it, and if I did I wouldn't have paid attention because I don't care about Ohio. I heard about Trayvon Martin in Florida, I remember Eric Garner in New York... You're telling me someone got tased?

giphy.gif

i can assure you they heard about it when it happened, the lawsuit was kept pretty quiet tho. he was a backup player, whats ironic about your statement is someone in NJ told me about it before i saw it break living in cincinnati at the time. 

im going to assume, just guessing, you arent a millionaire athlete/coach who can live the most luxurious type of life in or around miami?

Again... Why do you think that is appealing to everyone?

A) Do you think Marvin Lewis cares about going clubbing at night with the Kardashians? And outside of that, there is literally NO culture in Miami.
B) As a 60 year old man, do you want to manage a bunch of 23 year old millionaires in a city that only boasts booze and sex as things to do?

So... Let's just assume that what your saying is true... That's why Miami constantly has the best players and coaches? That's why the big market teams like New York, Miami, and LA all have more rings than some shithole ex-steeltown like Pittsburgh? Free Agents go to Boston for the weather and racial tolerance? I mean, if your theory holds water, then it should be borne out by looking at the data, right?

10 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

being from cincinnati, going to university of cincinnati and miami, and a lifelong diehard bengals fan.... if i had my pick of coaching jobs cincinnati wouldnt even be in my top 3.

Why would it, as long as Mike Brown and family are running the show?  It has nothing to do with Cincinnati, it has to do with probability of success. 

I have lived lived in plenty of places.  Cincinnati is a fine town and most successful coaches are spending their nights at the clubs or opera regardless.  

New Orleans is a shit hole, Kansas City is in the middle of nowhere. Cleveland is shit.  Green Bay SUCKS. Minnesota sucks. Detroit sucks. Vegas sucks.

Miami is nice in the winter but half the population are 70 year old New Yawkers. Summer is brutal. 

I liked New York and LA. Loved San Diego.   Oakland is crap. Seattle weather not for me.  Tampa and Carolina are nice 8 months a year. 

Archived