Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown consensually uncouple

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It has nothing to do with Cincinnati, it has to do with probability of success. 

This. A head coach does not want to have to ask Daddy every time they want to make a move, and have to keep around charity case coaches because they are 'loyal'.

24 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, because when I think BLM, I constantly think of how Cincy was the flash point. How Eric Garner lost his life selling loosies in Indian Hills.

Seriously man, Ohio is in the midwest so it's assumed to be racist, but if you think it has anything on New York for police brutality, I'm not sure where you get your news.

It’s pure nonsense.  Almost nothing has happened in Cincy since 2001 other than disrespectful NFL douchebags getting arrested. 

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i can assure you they heard about it when it happened, the lawsuit was kept pretty quiet tho. he was a backup player, whats ironic about your statement is someone in NJ told me about it before i saw it break living in cincinnati at the time. 

My point is that it happens everywhere. And as someone who has to live 2 doors down from some jackass with a confederate flag in his front yard the thought that Cincy is somehow special in this regard is just quaint.

Go ask that buddy again for the name of the guy who got tased. Now, did you have to look up who Trayvon Martin was?

44 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

denver has a better chance of getting a good coach, miami has a better chance of getting a good coach, new york has a better chance of getting a good coach, arizona has a better chance of getting a good coach, cleveland with a shit city, has a better chance with at least a promising young QB and talented roster has a better chance of getting a good coach, jacksonville may or may not... probably equal, jacksonville sucks. GREEN BAY needs a coach..... this was a terrible year to need a coach.... 

Well, regardless of the basic quality of life questions, here are some pros/cons for these locations IMO:

Denver:

Pros - good roster, nice city

Cons - no QB, completely unpredictable boss (Elway) who likely has full personnel and game day control.

Miami:

Pros - ok roster, nice city for some things (not necessarily an NFL coach with a family), attractive to FA's.

Cons - inconsistent QB (to put it mildly), muddled roster of underachievers... flood risk :)

New York:

Pros - some good pieces, can live in a good spot (a number of choices), young QB with potential

Cons - as stated previously, red-headed step child situation, yet a must-win-or-GTFO city/history.  Consistent playoffs is a must - and right away.

Arizona:

Pros - some good pieces, young QB with potential.

Cons - Commitment of management seems iffy, brain-melting heat.

Cleveland:

Pros - excellent young defense, solid pieces on offense.

Cons - New management seems to control game-day decisions, QB is a full-time ego management situation, owner is fuckin crazy, city is horrible, fans are horrible - potential Jacksonville-like "decent one year, fall off a cliff next year" situation because of management and player apathy/dysfunction.

Cincy:

Pros - good roster with a mix of vets with leadership qualities and young guys with potential that should be able to compete right away.  QB who is a proven winner (except playoffs... heh).  Owner is not going to fire you unless you ask him to <--- big one!, make a winner out of this team and you're pretty much a guaranteed coach of the year candidate.

Cons: City is meh, fans are meh (but loyal), limited control that forces you to fight with the owner/GM/angry grampa.  Scouting department is a work in progress at best.  Little chance of attracting (or even pursuing) good free agents.

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

My point is that it happens everywhere. And as someone who has to live 2 doors down from some jackass with a confederate flag in his front yard the thought that Cincy is somehow special in this regard is just quaint.

Go ask that buddy again for the name of the guy who got tased. Now, did you have to look up who Trayvon Martin was?

Based on Go’s checklist the head coaching job in Cincinnati is far more sought after than Green Bay. 99% Coservative white population with No nightlife and total shit weather. 

5 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Indy Colts here I come. 

25 minutes ago, Cat said:

This. A head coach does not want to have to ask Daddy every time they want to make a move, and have to keep around charity case coaches because they are 'loyal'.

Unless the coach is also the GM, they all do.  And even if they are GM, the owner will almost always have some say.

What worries me the most is that after an "exhaustive" weeks long search for a new head coach all of the most desirable candidates will be scooped up by other teams. We get the consolation prize of Hue Jackson because, well, third times charm right?

which is CLEARLY why i said millionaires with a choice. marvin was an up and coming coordinator that worked out (as far as percentages go). we are talking about coaches with a history of success who will be offered several jobs, barely known coordinators getting a first chance..

which for fucks sake was the whole point, which is disturbing that you didnt even catch... i thought it was clear, whats being said is.. NO PROVEN SUCCESSFUL GREAT PLAYERS and proven successful great coaches are coming here for those reasons.

SOOO.. . coaches arent going to want to come because its a bunk job with bad ownership, in a shit city with shit weather, playersa rent going to want to come for the same reasons, plus the nightlife, the lack of endorsements, etc.

cincinnati is in no way a destination city for professional athletes.

sure there are exceptions at every level. but speaking in generalities..... which is why we has seen countless free agents come here and go elsewhere for same or less money. 

so in closing. denver has a better chance of getting a good coach, miami has a better chance of getting a good coach, new york has a better chance of getting a good coach, arizona has a better chance of getting a good coach, cleveland with a shit city, has a better chance with at least a promising young QB and talented roster has a better chance of getting a good coach, jacksonville may or may not... probably equal, jacksonville sucks. GREEN BAY needs a coach..... this was a terrible year to need a coach.... 

You still haven’t responded to my response to your original post. I underscored a few significant reasons why you might not know what you think you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Cincy:

Pros - good roster with a mix of vets with leadership qualities and young guys with potential that should be able to compete right away.  QB who is a proven winner (except playoffs... heh).  Owner is not going to fire you unless you ask him to <--- big one!, make a winner out of this team and you're pretty much a guaranteed coach of the year candidate.

Cons: City is meh, fans are meh (but loyal), limited control that forces you to fight with the owner/GM/angry grampa.  Scouting department is a work in progress at best.  Little chance of attracting (or even pursuing) good free agents.

If Cincinnati fans a "meh" why has Lewis been trending all day?  Plenty of other guys lost their jobs.  Cincinnati fans are good, but not stupid.  If you feed them shit for years they stop giving you their money unconditionally.

Yeah, but not everyone suffers from your bitter Ex syndrome.

I'm from Florida and I wouldn't take the Miami job if it came with mosquito repellent and free blowjobs. Miami fucking sucks. Not everyone shares my opinion or lived there long enough to want to get away. I don't treat it like the word of God that Miami sucks because I think it does.

Nope, Miami sucks.

Also, people who get on in years and have families tend see their priorities shift. Raising children and having them schooled in a safe, relatively well-adjusted place becomes a priority paramount to market size and exclusivity.

Also, and I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet: fucking job security. I absolutely defy anyone to tell me of another gig in the league that offers the same.

im going to assume, just guessing, you arent a millionaire athlete/coach who can live the most luxurious type of life in or around miami? which is what we are talking about.....  i would never want to be anywhere near green bay... but id damn sure take that job over the bengals job.

And in one post you submarined your entire logic, man.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

This.  Lived a bunch of places.  The only difference is how out in the open these turds are.  Some places they still keep their heads down, even with Trump in charge.

1 minute ago, thezerawkid said:

And in one post you submarined your entire logic, man.

It doesn't matter that much about nightlife where you coach.  While you are coaching you don't have time for that shit.  It's an 80 plus hour week.  You can afford to live where you want in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Nope, Miami sucks.

Also, people who get on in years and have families tend see their priorities shift. Raising children and having them schooled in a safe, relatively well-adjusted place becomes a priority paramount to market size and exclusivity.

Also, and I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned yet: fucking job security. I absolutely defy anyone to tell me of another gig in the league that offers the same.

Yeah, I got offered a shit-ton of money by Banyan Gaming to work for them in Miami 2 years ago. Told them no.

1) Florida schools suck. They make Mississippi look good. If the north being better didn't raise their averages...
2) Cost of living is astronomical. Even with the "You don't pay state tax", the cost of living difference would have required I make $38K a year extra to maintain my current lifestyle.
3) It's like a 3rd world country. You have the rich in their walled communities and the poor. Almost no middle class.

The entire state is 3 inches from the sun, you can't lay on grass without fire ants eating the hell out of you, and even the plant life is trying to kill you. The south of the state is all snowbirds from New Yawk, while the north of the state is just south Georgia. (Joe Dirt) Geographically, the entire state is a giant swamp, and you have hurricanes every other year. If you're lucky, you don't live in one of those places that gets over run by stupid drunk college students 4 months a year.

Freakin' paradise man.

Archived