Who's the next HC?

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo put out the name Brian Kelly.  I doubt it, but what would others think?  

I think it will be Hue until it's not.  But I don't think he's just handed the job.  Mike will interview him, and other candidates, but Hue may be the best option willing to take the job, and Mike is comfortable with him.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo

You, Sir, are part of the problem. By listening to that moron, you are contributing to keeping him on the air. You should immediately return home and flog yourself.

Kidding aside, I think these guys are throwing out any possible name so they can be 'right' - no chance Kelly comes here.

I hate it, but I think they go with Joseph.

13 minutes ago, Cat said:

You, Sir, are part of the problem. By listening to that moron, you are contributing to keeping him on the air. You should immediately return home and flog yourself.

Kidding aside, I think these guys are throwing out any possible name so they can be 'right' - no chance Kelly comes here.

I hate it, but I think they go with Joseph.

1530 wasn't talking about Marvin.  Not on I Heart Radio anyway.  So I listened to whoever was on 700. :lol: 

Whoever it will be, it will be someone Mike is comfortable with.

“The #Bengals plan to conduct interviews soon with in-house head coach candidates -- a list that's expected to include STC Darrin Simmons and OC Bill Lazor, sources say. Of course, Hue Jackson -- long viewed as Marvin Lewis' successor -- also finished the season on staff.”

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1079797483490942976?s=21

2 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

“The #Bengals plan to conduct interviews soon with in-house head coach candidates -- a list that's expected to include STC Darrin Simmons and OC Bill Lazor, sources say. Of course, Hue Jackson -- long viewed as Marvin Lewis' successor -- also finished the season on staff.”

giphy.webp

5 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

IF they stay internal, Simmons is the guy I would prefer.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

IF they stay internal, Simmons is the guy I would prefer.

Thinking outside the box is over rated. I mean, there's a box there for a reason, right? It's not just some place where they put all of the bad ideas while they left the good ideas on the floor. The box keeps your thoughts neat and tidy. It's walls keep out the wailing of self doubt and it's lid shields you from the luminous discomfort of self-reflection. The box is warm and cozy.

Cats like boxes. We're the Bengals. We're cats.

~ Mike Brown, "My life as a self-made man" TED 2014

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I was listening to 700 this morning.  Ken Broo put out the name Brian Kelly.  I doubt it, but what would others think?  

I think it will be Hue until it's not.  But I don't think he's just handed the job.  Mike will interview him, and other candidates, but Hue may be the best option willing to take the job, and Mike is comfortable with him.

I'm surprised Ken Broo radio disc jockey took time away from interviewing Elvis' back-up tambourine player in 1958 to talk Bengals football. 

Archived