Who's the next HC?

25 minutes ago, SF2 said:

They will leave in 7 years regardless.  St Louis, London, Ok City, Salt Lake, Portland, San Diego, Mexico City. There are way better markets out there than Cincy.  

I am not trying to be dramatic. The reality is from my home in Springboro Ohio,  there are 7 NFL teams within 5 hours drive. The NFL wants more teams out west or a team in London. It will be a massive payday for the Brown family. 

Not happening. 

“I think he’s (Hue, of course)more than qualified,” Lewis said at the news conference. “I think he’s been in a couple of difficult situations [in Oakland and Cleveland], and that’s tough, and it hasn’t broke his way. But I think he’s an excellent football coach, he’s a great motivator. So I think he deserves an opportunity, if not here, somewhere else.”

:24:

1 hour ago, OneHeartBeat said:

The Brown family is loyal to the state of Ohio. They're not going anywhere.

Mike Brown was loyal to Cincinnati AFTER the city gave him EVERYTHING he demanded.  This was after he told the fans he would be “forced” to leave if they did not raise their own taxes.  

Its laughable that you think he did this out of the kindness of his heart. His heirs will take the best offer. 

9 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

PBS is still fairly new. I can't imagine them wanting a new stadium for at least like...50 years??? 

PBS is a dump compared to places like Lucas Oil or the new places being built in Vegas ir LA. 

The NFL would love the Bengals to move somewhere else.  Nobody gives a shit about the franchise other than Bengal’s fans. 

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

PBS is a dump compared to places like Lucas Oil or the new places being built in Vegas ir LA. 

The NFL would love the Bengals to move somewhere else.  Nobody gives a shit about the franchise other than Bengal’s fans. 

Must be miserable to be so pessimistic towards a team you claim to be fan of.If they were all about the cash ,they could've sold the naming rights to the stadium. I guess his dad's name doesn't have a price tag? What a lost quality.

Weren't you going to jump ship to the Colts? Why not get it over with already? Most of us can't just change teams.

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Dang....Right. UofL has a nicer stadium. 

It's not our fault. We didn't hire the designing engineers or approve the installation of the most uncomfortable seats in football. 

If the Bengals moved to anywhere other than Kentucky I'd be devastated. Then again I really don't want a pro team in my state. I like them being across the river. 

9 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Must be miserable to be so pessimistic towards a team you claim to be fan of.If they were all about the cash ,they could've sold the naming rights to the stadium. I guess his dad's name doesn't have a price tag? What a lost quality.

Weren't you going to jump ship to the Colts? Why not get it over with already? Most of us can't just change teams.

You sound like a Cleveland Browns fan circa 1995. You seem to think Mike Brown’s Daughter has a love affair with Paul Brown. The grandchild he didn’t let work for the Bengals because she wasn’t a he?  

She and Troy would slap a P&G symbol in the side of the stadium tomorrow if her dad let them.  Do you actually think Katie and Troy don’t want to win?  You have obviously never worked in a family business. I did once and finally left because my dad cared more about making customers happy then making the company money.  

Once Mike Brown dies actual business people take COMPLETELY over.  They will stay after the stadium deal is over if it makes the most sense. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

You sound like a Cleveland Browns fan circa 1995. You seem to think Mike Brown’s Daughter has a love affair with Paul Brown. The grandchild he didn’t let work for the Bengals because she wasn’t a he?  

She and Troy would slap a P&G symbol in the side of the stadium tomorrow if her dad let them.  Do you actually think Katie and Troy don’t want to win?  You have obviously never worked in a family business. I did once and finally left because my dad cared more about making customers happy then making the company money.  

Once Mike Brown dies actual business people take COMPLETELY over.  They will stay after the stadium deal is over if it makes the most sense. 

You know them personally?

You know them personally?

No. But you seem to think they will intentionally carry on a tradition of failure on purpose.  Times have dramatically changed. Katie and Troy were not alive when Paul Brown was doing great things.

The were around for some meh Bengals teams that did include 2 failed Super Bowl appearances but only 5 playoff wins in 50 years.  That is one  playoff win every decade. 

They have watched the franchise go 28 straight years without a playoff win. They will NOT STAY THE COURSE. They know their brand has turning to shit before their eyes. 

45 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No. But you seem to think they will intentionally carry on a tradition of failure on purpose.  Times have dramatically changed. Katie and Troy were not alive when Paul Brown was doing great things.

The were around for some meh Bengals teams that did include 2 failed Super Bowl appearances but only 5 playoff wins in 50 years.  That is one  playoff win every decade. 

They have watched the franchise go 28 straight years without a playoff win. They will NOT STAY THE COURSE. They know their brand has turning to shit before their 

So the magic formula for success and multiple Lombardi's is moving to another city? You should be a VP of football operations somewhere as you know the secret to guranteed success. 

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I like Mike McCarthy more and more as I read up on him. 

He is supposed to be one of the best as far as preparation goes. The biggest thing we've been missing as evident by us getting blown out in the 1st half over and over for years now. 

McCarthy is a complete joke.  He is as bad as Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Times have dramatically changed. Katie and Troy were not alive when Paul Brown was doing great things.

Katie as been managing the cap for quite a while as well as negotiating contracts. She takes a great deal of pride in her skills as a capologist and negotiator. Troy married a flat-chested gal with a billion dollar sports franchise. I'm sure he says "Yes honey" more than any other phrase. Him getting any real say in what becomes of her family legacy is laughable.

Really, I had some hope when Katie took over the day-to-day, and there have been some changes for the good, but we've had 20 years of Katie running the team like an accounting exercise.

Moving the team to another city doesn't change that.

I have voiced my complainants about Katie's approach to cap management ad nauseam. We can only hope that she sees the errors of her ways after all this time, turns over her pride and joy to someone else, or she sells the team. The first option is a slim chance, and the odds go down exponentially from there.

We might find an acorn, but we'll never be predators. We'll keep playing for par and hoping the rest of the field has a bad round. Then we'll win one, you'll see.

So the magic formula for success and multiple Lombardi's is moving to another city? You should be a VP of football operations somewhere as you know the secret to guranteed success. 

I never said anything about Lombardi trophies. I am talking about money. 

The Bengals are 2nd to last in revenue, 3rd to last in franchise value.  

Archived