Who's the next HC?

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

From SI, sounds like Mikey is not even in the interviews.

One nugget to emerge from the Bengals search: Owner Mike Brown’s kids—daughter Katie Blackburn, son-in-law Troy Blackburn and son Paul—have increasingly become more involved in running the team. Or it at least it seems that way to guys going through there. Those four, and personnel chief Duke Tobin, are the ones in the room for the interviews

Yeah he's in the next room watching through a cracked one-way mirror, probably while petting a threadbare stuffed housecat he couldn't stand to bury when he was a kid.  He will roll a chipped marble under the door when he's made a decision.  Then Katie&Troy run through the upper deck hand in hand, chasing pigeons aloft, signaling we have a new HC.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

It's an investment in a booming business. If you had invested in 2008ish, you would have doubled your money by now. Amazon doesn't allow me to set the price on USB cables, but I still buy their stock.

Alternately, split the shares until they're $25 a piece and let the fans buy a part of the club. (And invest in the NFL)

Facebook never turned a profit and managed to sell billions in shares... If the Bengals offered shares of the franchise with dividends, it would be a no-brainer buy.

100,000,000 / 25 = 4M shares

Assuming the low end of $60M a year profit, that still a dividend of $1.50. That's a 6% dividend yield! Qualcomm had a yield of 4.3% and that's VERY high. In addition, the NFL is a pretty low risk investment. TV contracts and labor agreements are in place for years at a time. And of course, as the value of club increases...

But the next time you hear that the Brown Family is barely scraping by and they NEED to be cheap... Mike Brown is a Billionaire who owns an almost $2 Billion sports franchise. That makes him one of the top 1,000 richest people in the world.

Yeah but it makes running the books way way more complicated and it would be a private placement.  I doubt the Browns want the State or SEC looking around. 

BTW, when you do a Reg D private offering only 35 commoners (non accredited investors) can buy.  The rest have to be wealthy types.  Shareholder meetings would be fun.   

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah he's in the next room watching through a cracked one-way mirror, probably while petting a threadbare stuffed housecat he couldn't stand to bury when he was a kid.  He will roll a chipped marble under the door when he's made a decision.  Then Katie&Troy run through the upper deck hand in hand, chasing pigeons aloft, signaling we have a new HC.

1440.jpg

19 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

From SI, sounds like Mikey is not even in the interviews.

One nugget to emerge from the Bengals search: Owner Mike Brown’s kids—daughter Katie Blackburn, son-in-law Troy Blackburn and son Paul—have increasingly become more involved in running the team. Or it at least it seems that way to guys going through there. Those four, and personnel chief Duke Tobin, are the ones in the room for the interviews

Unless I'm missing something, Mike must at least be in there. It mentions four along with Duke Tobin but only gives 3 other names. Does son Paul have a spouse that could've been there but wasn't mentioned by name?

19 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Unless I'm missing something, Mike must at least be in there. It mentions four along with Duke Tobin but only gives 3 other names. Does son Paul have a spouse that could've been there but wasn't mentioned by name?

I think it is simply poorly worded/mistake in the post - the four in the room are Katie, Troy and Paul along with Tobin.  And that sounds right, given that there wasn't an immediate ascension of Hue to the job, which was how I think it would have gone down had Mike been the sole voice.

Sp

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

This isn't new either. This has been happening for 6 years or so according to Dehner. 

Speaking of Dehner, the coverage of this coaching search has been beyond pitiful by the local media. The last article I saw was grabbing quotes from a recent article in the NY Daily News for a Todd Monken story. 

Is the local Cincy media so poor and lazy that they can’t even get their own quotes for articles on coaching candidates? None of these writers are doing anything while this search goes on. The national media tweets out whose interviewing and then the locals comment on it. 

On the way home from work last night I put on the Enquirer podcast. They said at the beginning they had inside information about the search. They didn’t say one word the rest of the world didn’t already know. It’s pathetic.

Long story short, they believe Vance Joseph will be the coach. I’m hoping they’re as right about this as they were about Whitworth agreeing to a new contract. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals-reported-hire-kliff-kingsbury-brutal-turn-events-usc-205118136.html

Cardinals off the board for needing a new head coach.

Just hired Kliff Kingsbury most recently of USC.

With mentioning here because that is one less team in the running for someone we would consider.

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals-reported-hire-kliff-kingsbury-brutal-turn-events-usc-205118136.html

Cardinals off the board for needing a new head coach.

Just hired Kliff Kingsbury most recently of USC.

With mentioning here because that is one less team in the running for someone we would consider.

I was under the impression that Kingbury got fired for T Tech because he,...sucked??  Couldn't win with Patrick Mahomes at QB??

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I was under the impression that Kingbury got fired for T Tech because he,...sucked??  Couldn't win with Patrick Mahomes at QB??

Cardinals even buying out his USC contract so they like something.

MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg

As per the terms of his contract negotiated by @ErikBurkhardt at #USC, Kliff Kingsbury owes the school a $150K buyout to resign and take the #AZCardinals head coaching job. The team is expected to handle that.

Dehner posted a picture that alluded to Dominos.

That could mean that a coach that we want to be the HC is waiting to hear from other teams and we aren't necessarily the first option. 

Here is where the guys interviewed.

Eric Bieniemy   Jets (1/2), Bucs (1/2), Dolphins (1/3), Bengals (1/5)
Zac Taylor   Broncos (1/3), Bengals (1/4), Cards (1/5)
Todd Monken   Packers (1/5), Bengals (1/7), Jets (1/8)

For Bieniemy he could be waiting to hear from the Dolphins (rumored Richard or Flores) or Broncos (rumored Munchack)

For Taylor he could be waiting to hear from the Broncos (rumored Munchack)

For Monken he could be waiting to hear from the Jets who he just interviewed with today (rumored McCarthy)

Joseph, Waldron, Simmons, Jackson, Lazor didn't interview with anyone. If they were at the top of the list we could hire them immediately. 

Monken just interviewed today. I wonder if it's not him. Curious at his staff. 

Archived