Who's the next HC?

13 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Of ffs at this rate and our luck as a fan base, MB will assemble a whole crew of former Bengal retreads:

HC:  Hue

OC:  Bobby Brat

QB: Kenny "Ok, *This* Time" Zampese

DC:  Chuck Bendsabutadoesntabreak

ST:  Darrin Simmons' Pale Shadow

OL:  Ketchup Boy Redux

TE,DT:  Super Hayes Bros 2

LB: Sad Bluto

DB: Kevin Coyle

RB: A Sealed Can of Jim Anderson's Farts

WR: Marvin Lewis Jr. Or Whatever TF His Name Is

giphy.gif

Not a single "sleeping with Bieniemy" joke in the woodpile here?

I don't care who it is as long as it's not Hue or Marvin and they establish a culture of whipping Pittsburgh on a frequent basis, especially post season.

And get rid of that stupid white panel on the black jersey.

I feel like I could really get behind a Bienemy/Brad Childress/Vance Joseph combo......with those two as the coordinators, Bienemy would be freed up to set the tone for the organization as the HC....just let those two handle the offense/defense and then focus on building a winning culture as the HC.

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's depressing that Hue and Vance even got interviews. I don't really want Mike McCarthy but why not offer him the job? Is he too overqualified or something?

Browns have fired a bunch of assistants, how long before Seamon or Zampese is back in Cincy?

Word is McCarthy would only take the Jets job, and that obviously ended badly for him.  I say fuck 'im if he's that smug.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

...I don't really want Mike McCarthy but why not offer him the job? 

Why not offer the job to Melissa McCarthy. The defense might still suck, but it will be much more entertaining.  We could start selling tickets to watch the practices.

...and Mike Brown goes, “...hmmmmm.”

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Bengals firing all assisant coaches...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/10/18176979/nfl-news-bengals-releasing-assistant-coaches-hue-jackson-bill-lazor

IMO, this signals the END of the Mike Brown era....these guys were all under contract still, no way he let's this happen if he were still running things. 

It doesn't say firing ALL assistant coaches. Just some...as far as we know. 

I would expect Pollack and Simmons back. 

This sounds familiar:

They staunchly denied it while Mike McCarthy served as head coach, but they’re admitting it now.

The Packers had grown satisfied, and it was time to rid the team of that feeling.

During Wednesday’s press conference introducing new coach Matt LaFleur, CEO Mark Murphy explained that he gathered information from nine players (one from each position group) regarding what the players hoped to achieve under a new coach.

“They wanted someone who would hold the players accountable,” Murphy explained. “They felt a complacency had set in among some players and coaches. . . . Is there something we could do to shake people up so they don’t have the complacency?”

That’s the key word: Complacency. As in getting rid of it. Which means, obviously, that McCarthy was ultimately responsible for creating it.

It’s no surprise, especially in light of the absence of a traditional owner. Indeed, PFT has pointed out the signs and symptoms of complacency, and the friction it created, over the past several years. During the 2016 season, quarterback Aaron Rodgers complained openly about a lack of energy on the sidelines. Not long after that, he bemoaned the absence of a healthy fear of getting fired if players weren’t doing their jobs.

Both gripes trace to the head coach, and Rodgers’ willingness to openly comment on those dynamics were interpreted by some (us) as a passive-aggressive tug-of-war between Rodgers and McCarthy.

Aaron didn’t appreciate that very much. He didn’t appreciate it perhaps because the arrow hit the bull’s-eye. And Murphy has now admitted it.

It’s a bit stunning that Murphy was so candid, and it’s not a good sign for McCarthy, if as he claims he intends to return to coaching in 2020. Beyond concerns about an overly simplistic (and obsessively rigid) offensive philosophy, McCarthy will (or at least should) have to answer tough questions about how and why complacency descended onto the Packers under his watch.

37 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

It doesn't say firing ALL assistant coaches. Just some...as far as we know. 

I would expect Pollack and Simmons back

I actually didn't read the article, I just googled it after a radio report stated that all of the coaches were being let go ...pretty sure the story from the radio originated from PFT.

1 hour ago, Girevik said:

Whoever it is,  I hope it's the new head coach that has the majority of input,  not the front office. 

If fill-in-the-blank HC wouldn't consider Pollack and Simmons as some of the best around, then re-think the quality of fill-in-the-blank HC  

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If fill-in-the-blank HC wouldn't consider Pollack and Simmons as some of the best around, then re-think the quality of fill-in-the-blank HC  

I'd say they'll probably keep those two and that's probably it...and I'm fine with that.

I'd be fine with letting them go as well though ...there's nothing whatsoever wrong with wanting a completely fresh start. 

Archived