Who's the next HC?

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The coach has already been selected IMHO.  The firings are his doing.  That makes me think the guy is still in the playoffs ie Eric Bieniemy. 

I don't know. It looks like it's Zac Taylor. I'd like to see him on the podium to judge him as a leader and a guy. For reference purposes the worst podium guys I've ever seen are Dave Shula and Dick LeBeau. The best are Sam Wyche and Brian Kelly. Let's see what we've got here

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/10/18177646/nfl-rumors-bengals-rams-oc-zac-taylor-cincinnati-los-angeles-sean-mcvay

It looks like the Bengals have found their man. 

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Updated Jan 10, 2019, 6:26pm EST

usa_today_10476079.0.jpgMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

The bengals appear to have found their next head coach.

According to WLWT reporter Elise Jesse, Los Angeles Rams QBs coach Zac Taylor is expected to be named Cincinnati’s next head coach. 

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report added this:

At just 35 years old, Taylor is a former quarterback who played college ball at Nebraska, where he was the 2006 Big 12 Player of the Year. 

The Buccaneers brought him as an undrafted free agent, but he was waived shortly after and ended up playing in the CFL for a season before officially beginning his coaching career.

In 10 years, he’s worked his way up through the college and professional ranks, and now is a key assistant to a Rams offense that’s one of the best units in the NFL. 

Zac Taylor Resume

• 2008-2011: Texas A&M (Graduate Assistant)
  • 2012: Miami Dolphins (Assistant QB Coach)
  • 2013-2014: Miami Dolphins (QB Coach)
  • 2015: Miami Dolphins (QB Coach/Interim Offensive Coordinator)
  • 2016: University of Cincinnati (Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach)
  • 2017: Los Angeles Rams (Assistant WR Coach)
  • 2018-present: Los Angeles Rams (QB Coach)

We will have more on this story shortly...

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

The coach has already been selected IMHO.  The firings are his doing.  That makes me think the guy is still in the playoffs ie Eric Bieniemy. 

I think you're right.  Who else has been interviewed but works for a team that's still playing?

SIM SIMMA

14 minutes ago, Meow said:

More entertaining than I thought it would ever be. Still don't really care who, as long as Hue, The Loser, is no where near the team. 

a thousand thumbs up!!!

who really knows what a fresh face might bring - I applaud the effort to completely retool

btw - Ian Rapoport is reporting Taylor on the NFL network as well

Archived