Who's the next HC?

2 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

What the fuck ever, it’s not like he’s somehow incorrect. Read the whole quote...he calls out the dysfunction inside the front office for what it is. 

Good on him.

Yeah, sure, It was the dysfunction that caused all those Pix 6, not the fucked up reads.

16 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Yeah, sure, It was the dysfunction that caused all those Pix 6, not the fucked up reads.

One has nothing to do with the other...save the fact that the dysfunction is what leads to having the smallest, most underfunded “scouting department” in the league which, in turn, leads to the same shit you saw this year and last with an abortion for an offensive line.

Read the fucking quotes. You might learn something.

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

"Word" was 16 yrs ago that the kids wanted Marvin Lewis while Mike Brown preferred Tom Coughlin. I'm old enough to remember these things. Of course "word" might have been wrong, that's what was floated

I remember reading it differently - what I remembered was Brown wanted Mularkey and Katitroy wanted Marvin. They interviewed Coughlin but he wanted too much control, or something like that. I could be wrong...

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Agreed.....SB ring carries some serious clout on a young staff.

Just as importantly it signals Taylor is taking the job. For me, even if this move goes totally sideways we can at least say the Bengals stepped outside of themselves and did something different. It speaks to Katie’s growing influence, I think. The fansbase was going to reject the status quo. Win or lose this is anything but. 

Just now, BengalsNYC said:

Just as importantly it signals Taylor is taking the job. For me, even if this move goes totally sideways we can at least say the Bengals stepped outside of themselves and did something different. It speaks to Katie’s growing influence, I think. The fansbase was going to reject the status quo. Win or lose this is anything but. 

100%

7 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

"Word" was 16 yrs ago that the kids wanted Marvin Lewis while Mike Brown preferred Tom Coughlin. I'm old enough to remember these things. Of course "word" might have been wrong, that's what was floated

I was alive while Elvis was 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

SB45245-BLACK-POST.jpg?1513223064

His little weak ass brother was the gosh dame backup. How fucking bad could it have been?  You think the Packers, Colts or any other team is going to pay your lil bro to sit the bench and work on runpee.com or whatever that chit was.  

They had a really bad season and he cracked under the pressure. Tucked his tail and ran.  Imagine if he had stayed and AJ was still drafted. Instead of to Oakland to get straight murkt and look like a old overrated has been. Fantasy hero to fantasy zero. 

Kimo Von Oelhoffen did not need to take that last lunge into Palmer's knee and change history. The ball was completely out of Carson's hand, which Kimo might have noticed if he wasn't so busy putting his full weight behind his shoulder and snapping his leg. We were red hot that year and it certainly appeared the team was unstoppable. You know what you call a thousand Bengal victories over Pittsburgh that completely devastates and demoralizes them to no end?    A good start.

42 minutes ago, A Rock said:

We were red hot that year and it certainly appeared the team was unstoppable.

Nah man, we were not red hot. We lost our final 2 games ending any chance of a bye and had a pretty bad defense that lived and died by causing turnovers. 

It was a good team but was hardly unstoppable. 

We had better teams in 2013 and 2015. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Nah man, we were not red hot. We lost our final 2 games ending any chance of a bye and had a pretty bad defense that lived and died by causing turnovers. 

It was a good team but was hardly unstoppable. 

We had better teams in 2013 and 2015. 

Upon further review, you are correct sir. I've always kinda remembered and felt like that was a year we were destined to do more damage if not for the Palmer injury. The team, in fact, took their foot off the pedal after locking up the playoff berth. I probably remember it differently as it was early in Marvin's tenure, and I hadn't become so cynical about the team and him in particular yet. The 2015 team started 8-0, and couldn't swing a bye either. Still pissed about Kimo. Still pissed about Mitchell's ridiculous targeting of Eifert as well. Especially after Pittsburgh players made threats prior to the game. No one in the Bengal hierarchy says a word about it and Shazier feels free to brutally uppercut Gio with his helmet in the wildcard game. The refs feel free to not throw a flag, and in fact award Pittsburgh the ball. Anyway, yeah, we weren't as red hot as I had remembered it. Still think that last lunge by Kimo was BS.

13 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Upon further review, you are correct sir. I've always kinda remembered and felt like that was a year we were destined to do more damage if not for the Palmer injury. The team, in fact, took their foot off the pedal after locking up the playoff berth. I probably remember it differently as it was early in Marvin's tenure, and I hadn't become so cynical about the team and him in particular yet. The 2015 team started 8-0, and couldn't swing a bye either. Still pissed about Kimo. Still pissed about Mitchell's ridiculous targeting of Eifert as well. Especially after Pittsburgh players made threats prior to the game. No one in the Bengal hierarchy says a word about it and Shazier feels free to brutally uppercut Gio with his helmet in the wildcard game. The refs feel free to not throw a flag, and in fact award Pittsburgh the ball. Anyway, yeah, we weren't as red hot as I had remembered it. Still think that last lunge by Kimo was BS.

I remember Palmer’s knee getting Kimo’d well. I destroyed a perfectly good television because I threw a full beer can through it when it happened. 😡

Archived