League wide coach interview tracker

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Interesting discussion on the sports radio today with some NFL insider, a former coach but did not catch his name. He said the most underrated thing coaches look for is owner and GM stability, they care about this more than the current staff or current roster. Most coaches want to know they will be given the time (years) to work and implement systems, etc. 

Then this should be a coach's dream job.

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Interesting discussion on the sports radio today with some NFL insider, a former coach but did not catch his name. He said the most underrated thing coaches look for is owner and GM stability, they care about this more than the current staff or current roster. Most coaches want to know they will be given the time (years) to work and implement systems, etc. 

Yeah, but they also want to know that the Owner/GM will work to fill deficiencies in talent through the draft AND free agency.  They want to know they have appropriate facilities to run a NFL franchise.  They want to know if the team does a good job scouting and preparing for the draft.  Sure, Mike Brown will give you time, but he won't give you the tools to get the job done.

**Old news but official looking format.**

By Jeremy Rauch | January 3, 2019 at 9:30 PM EST - Updated January 3 at 9:30 PM 

CINCINNATI, OH (WXIX) - Members of the Bengals front office took a plane to the west coast on Thursday night to interview Los Angeles Rams assistants Zac Taylor and Shane Waldron, according to a report by NFL Network.

Taylor, who spent a year at the University of Cincinnati as the Bearcats offensive coordinator in 2016, is the Rams quarterbacks coach.

Waldron is the tight ends coach and pass game coordinator for the Rams.

The Bengals have already conducted in-house interviews this week with special teams coach Darrin Simmons, offensive coordinator Bill Lazor and former special assistant to the coach Hue Jackson.

According to reports by NFL Network and ESPN, the Bengals have already conducted interviews with recently fired Broncos head coach Vance Joseph. Those same reports indicate the Bengals still plan to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, but they also want to know that the Owner/GM will work to fill deficiencies in talent through the draft AND free agency.  They want to know they have appropriate facilities to run a NFL franchise.  They want to know if the team does a good job scouting and preparing for the draft.  Sure, Mike Brown will give you time, but he won't give you the tools to get the job done.

That was discussed on the show but the guy actually said it was MORE important to have stability for most coaches. They know it is very tough to win in the league and there are only 32 spots. 

I think we can all agree Mikey gives the security but less of the tools whereas some spots will be the opposite. 

Interesting perspective. 

20 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I don’t see Marvin Lewis on any team’s interview list? Que pasa?!?

Really... I can't even find any stories about him even declining to interview. My guess would be that his agent is telling people he's not interested and it never even gets to that point. You'd have to think that teams would want to kick the tires on him being a d-coord at the very least.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Really... I can't even find any stories about him even declining to interview. My guess would be that his agent is telling people he's not interested and it never even gets to that point. You'd have to think that teams would want to kick the tires on him being a d-coord at the very least.

My guess is no one wants him. 

Sixteen years as a head coach in one place... I think going back to being a Coordinator is probably unprecedented.

Hard to imagine, with all of the dollars he’s made over the years that he’d be interested in playing second fiddle. Besides, from a nuts and bolts standpoint, I’m not sure he’s still got the chops to run a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

On 1/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, High School Harry said:
Members of the Bengals front office took a plane to the west coast on Thursday night to interview Los Angeles Rams assistants Zac Taylor and Shane Waldron, according to a report by NFL Network.

Coach, I'm sure.

17 hours ago, Big Alice said:

Sixteen years as a head coach in one place... I think going back to being a Coordinator is probably unprecedented.

He's already made comments in interviews tat coordinating the defense his last year here was "invigorating" and said e'd be open to a coordinator position in the future.

Bengals Darrin Simmons (1/1), Bill Lazor (1/1), Hue Jackson (1/2), Vance Joseph (1/3), Zac Taylor (1/4), Shane Waldron (1/4), Eric Bieniemy (1/5), Todd Monken (1/7)
Broncos Chuck Pagano (1/2), Zac Taylor (1/3), Mike Munchack (1/4), Brian Flores (1/5), Vic Fangio (1/7)
Browns Gregg Williams (1/1), Jim Caldwell (1/2), Kevin Stefanski (1/3), Mike McCarthy (), Dan Campbell (1/4), Brian Flores (1/5), Matt Eberflus (1/6), Freddie Kitchens, Nick Sirianni
Bucs Eric Bieniemy (1/2), George Edwards (1/4), Bruce Arians (1/5), Kris Richard (1/6)
Cardinals Adam Gase (1/2), Jim Caldwell (1/3), Zac Taylor (1/5), Dan Campbell (1/5), Kliff Kingsbury
Dolphins Eric Bieniemy (1/3), Brian Flores (1/4), Dennis Allen (1/5), Kris Richard (1/6), Mike Munchack, Darren Rizzi
Jets Eric Bieniemy (1/2), Adam Gase (1/4), Kris Richard (1/6), Todd Monken (1/8), Mike McCarthy (1/5), Jim Caldwell, Kliff Kingsbury. Matt Rhule
Packers Jim Caldwell (12/26), Chuck Pagano (12/26), Joe Philbin (1/2), Josh McDaniels (1/4), Brian Flores (1/4), Dan Campbell (1/5), Pete Carmicheal (1/5), Todd Monken (1/5), Matt LaFleur (1/6), Adam Gase (1/6), Mike Munchack

Dennis Allen Dolphins (1/5)
Bruce Arians Bucs (1/5)
Eric Bieniemy Jets (1/2), Bucs (1/2), Dolphins (1/3), Bengals (1/5)
Jim Caldwell Packers (12/26), Browns (1/2), Cardinals (1/3), Jets
Dan Campbell Browns (1/4), Packers (1/5), Cardinals (1/5)
Pete Carmicheal Packers (1/5)
Matt Eberflus Browns (1/6)
George Edwards Buccaneers (1/4)
Vic Fangio Broncos (1/7)
Brian Flores Packers (1/4), Dolphins (1/4), Browns (1/5), Broncos (1/5)
Adam Gase Cardinals (1/2), Jets (1/4), Packers (1/6)
Hue Jackson Bengals
Vance Joseph Bengals (1/3)
Kliff Kingsbury Jets, Cardinals
Freddie Kitchens Browns
Matt LaFleur Packers (1/6)
Bill Lazor Bengals (1/1)
Mike McCarthy Browns (1/4), Jets (1/5)
Josh McDaniels Packers (1/4)
Todd Monken Packers (1/5), Bengals (1/7), Jets (1/8)
Mike Munchack Broncos (1/4), Packers, Dolphins
Chuck Pagano Packers (12/26), Broncos (1/2)
Joe Philbin Packers (1/2)
Matt Rhule Jets
Kris Richard Jets (1/6), Dolphins (1/6), Bucs (1/6)
Darren Rizzi Dolphins
Darrin Simmons Bengals (1/1)
Nick Sirianni Browns
Kevin Stefanski Browns (1/3)
Zac Taylor Broncos (1/3), Bengals (1/4), Cards (1/5)
Shane Waldron Bengals (1/4)
Gregg Williams Browns (1/1)

31 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I believe he then resigned. 

Ah ok. I still don't get the hype. He and Sumlin caught lightning in a bottle with Manziel, and was still mediocre, even with Mahomes at Tech.

Archived