** OFFICIAL BENGALS HC PREDICTION THREAD **

Also, looking at the dudes flying around the country for interviews, each team's ownership philosohpy, the relative pedigree of the candidates and the "prestige" of the positions, my guess is:

Flores to Packers

McCarthy to Browns

Caldwell to Jets

Campbell to Cardinals

Munchak to Dolphins

Bieniemy to Buccaneers

Pagano to Broncos

Taylor to Bengals

Kinda in that order.  

I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Reading this guy's Twitter bio, about the only thing he consistently judges anything by...is fantasy football ratings (his own of course). 

A really valuable opinion piece. I am totally persuaded now.   

His .205 winning percentage as a head coach with the Oakland Raiders and Browns is the second-lowest of all time.

He's objectively one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.  Why do you need to be persuaded at all?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He's objectively one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.  Why do you need to be persuaded at all?

I have no interest in what Hue Jackson does or doesn't do...any more than I care if he coaches here or at UTEP. His qualifications--or none--are of no consequence.

However, it's the written codswallop of fantasy football aficionados posing as journalists being taken seriously, which does concern me. 

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He also objectively coached the worst team in NFL history, with the worst front office in NFL history, wit the worst GM in NFL history.  Just Sayin'.

36 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

He also objectively coached the worst team in NFL history, with the worst front office in NFL history, wit the worst GM in NFL history.  Just Sayin'.

It’s the NFL, not Rice football. It takes a Herculean effort to go 1-31 over 2 seasons.   Add in the fact all he did was point fingers after he was let go so no thanks. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

It’s the NFL, not Rice football. It takes a Herculean effort to go 1-31 over 2 seasons.   Add in the fact all he did was point fingers after he was let go so no thanks. 

And that Herculean effort wasn't just one Guy,  it was the whole damn Village!  To act like it was all his fault, is asnine.  They ha a QB drop into their laps in '17 at 12, and they trade the pick?  I'm not even on the Hue for Coach bandwagon, but his QB's were Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, Broke Robert III, and DeShone Kizer.  That's like giving a guy a Pinto Wagon and being pissed that he finished last in the Daytona 500.

6 hours ago, kennethmw said:

You must have missed where they immediately started winning as soon as you. . er.. "he" was fired. Sorry but it's time to accept some responsibility for your.. um, his failures.

1 hour ago, Montana Bengal said:

Quick question.  Are we doing a first round of interviews to narrow it down and then they will do more in depth with a couple of finalists?  

I am afraid they will do a first round of interviews and after most everyone declines they will flip a coin between Hue and Vance.

3 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Quick question.  Are we doing a first round of interviews to narrow it down and then they will do more in depth with a couple of finalists?  

I'm thinking they may not get serious until after the playoffs when they can really explore the possibilities with 

the guys who are still coaching.

Of course, its also possible (likely?) that its all smoke and they are going to hire Hue, anyway.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'm thinking they may not get serious until after the playoffs when they can really explore the possibilities with 

the guys who are still coaching.

Of course, its also possible (likely?) that its all smoke and they are going to hire Hue, anyway.

and lose fan's and revenue, it maybe kicking tires but I think the bengals should  interview darrell bevell or jim bob cooter at one point time or another  these guy's where highly regard as head coaching candidates.

10 minutes ago, bigboi said:

and lose fan's and revenue, it maybe kicking tires but I think the bengals should  interview darrell bevell or jim bob cooter at one point time or another  these guy's where highly regard as head coaching candidates.

Cooter was just fired as OC and Bevell was fired last year. 

My list of preferences would be

1. Bieniemy

2. Taylor

3. Monkin

4. Joseph 

5. Waldon

6. Simmons

7. Lazor

8. Jackson

Only the top 3 are interviewing with other teams. 

Eric Bieniemy Jets (1/2), Bucs (1/2), Dolphins (1/3), Bengals (1/5)
Zac Taylor Broncos (1/3), Bengals (1/4), Cards (1/5)
Todd Monken Packers (1/5), Bengals (1/7), Jets (1/8)

I think the Jets go with McCarthy, the Bucs go with Arians, The Broncos go with Munchak. 

That means that Taylor still has the Cards and Bieniemy the Dolphins. 

Bieniemy is 49, Taylor is 35. Monken is 52. 

If it ends up the candidates are reluctant to take the job, I could see it being Monken as he's a bit older, might not have another option and he's in an unsettled situation. Bieniemy and Taylor likely get more options down the road and might be more picky. 

In the end I think it comes down to Bieniemy, Vance Joseph and Monken. 

Archived