Squeelers Drama

High School Harry

*** Yeah, I know.  Wrong forum but I thought since it did involve the Bengals more people would see it here.  Move after awhile, I guess.  I thought it was good for a laugh.  What a complete and total douche.

Report: Stealers WR Antonio Brown was benched, not injured, for Sunday's game

Frank Schwab,Yahoo Sports 17 hours a

When Pittsburgh Stealers receiver Antonio Brown was deactivated for Sunday’s game, everyone assumed it was due to a knee injury the team said he was dealing with during the week.

Instead, Brown was reportedly benched for drama during the week that included missing practices and meetings.

An explosive story by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Gerry Dulac and Ed Bouchette, citing several sources, said Brown chose to sit out practices after a confrontation with an unspecified teammate. NFL Network’s Aditi Kinkhabwala said Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a disagreement on Wednesday. 

Dulac and Bouchette wrote that Brown not playing in a must-win game against the Bengals “had nothing to do with any type of knee injury.” Brown also skipped Saturday’s walkthrough and team meeting, then showed up Sunday expecting to play according to Dulac and Bouchette. One Stealers player told the Post-Gazette the situation was “embarrassing” and “the worst I’ve seen.” 

The Stealers’ season is over after they didn’t get the help they needed to make the playoffs. But the question becomes, can the Stealers bring Brown back after this?

Antonio Brown skipped practices all week, report said

The Post-Gazette said the entire fiasco started at a Wednesday walkthrough when Brown had a disagreement with a teammate. The Post-Gazette didn’t provide details of what happened or which of Brown’s teammates he was upset with, but said Brown “became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates.” Kinkhabwala didn’t specify if Brown threw a football at Roethlisberger. 

Brown then sat out practice the rest of the week, and a Stealers player told the Post-Gazette that it was Brown’s decision. Kinkhabwala confirmed that Brown skipped practices and meetings during the week.

Another part of the Post-Gazette’s story will draw some attention from the league office: The story said “Brown’s knee wasn’t an issue at all and was never tested.” There were reports throughout the week about discomfort he was having with the knee. Brown was listed as missing practice on Wednesday due to a coach’s decision, then that changed to “coach’s decision/knee” on Thursday. 

Someone wanted to leak to the media that Brown’s knee was bad, presumably to cover up what was going on. The NFL doesn’t take kindly to teams lying on the injury report.

What will Stealers do with Brown?

Brown is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and a sure Hall of Famer. It’s also not the first time the Stealers have had off-field issues with him. The Post-Gazette said Brown skipped a mandatory meeting leading up to a Week 16 game against the Saints, but still played.

It’s a tough position to be in. Brown’s behavior, according to Post-Gazette’s sources, is unacceptable. He’s also an irreplaceable player. The Stealers looked out of sorts in a 16-13 win over the Bengals, though one player told the Post-Gazette that the situation last week with Brown and how the team handled it affected his desire to play in the game. It seems fair to wonder if all of the drama was a reason the Stealers didn’t play well.

Brown will turn 31 next season. JuJu Smith-Schuster has emerged as a legitimate star after two seasons. If the Stealers were going to move on from Brown, it would be easier now than ever before.

After Monday’s report from the Post-Gazette, it’s hard to see how Brown could return in 2019.

It's all falling apart for the incestuous inbreds up there. They are oh so close to being a very average team for a very long time. 

Ben is almost done. 

The jive turkey on the sideline is being exposed. 

Players refusing to play for them. 

They are just a cleanly reffed' game away from losing every Sunday. 

1 hour ago, saphead said:

It's all falling apart for the incestuous inbreds up there. They are oh so close to being a very average team for a very long time. 

Ben is almost done. 

The jive turkey on the sideline is being exposed. 

Players refusing to play for them. 

They are just a cleanly reffed' game away from losing every Sunday. 

Indeed. And had we made the right changes after the 2015 Playoff loss we could be dominating this division. 

25 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

It all stems from him not being named team MVP.

That dishonor went to Juju and AB was livid.

Its apparent that he is no longer the go to guy and unable to handle it

And I support him Fully!  Give those witless morons as much hell as you can, destroy that Locker Room!  They'll have 21 million in dead money if the trade him, and a crying whiner if they don't!  YESSSS, pass the Pop Corn!!

😃😃

15 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

And I support him Fully!  Give those witless morons as much hell as you can, destroy that Locker Room!  They'll have 21 million in dead money if the trade him, and a crying whiner if they don't!  YESSSS, pass the Pop Corn!!

😃😃

Come on Elway,  it’s showtime!! Case Keemun and Antonio Brown...Championship!!

16 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Nah, we got John Ross aka Antonio Brown Jr raring and ready to break out. 

:ninja:

I'm sure our new HC will be forced to keep handing him more opportunities... so he can drop those, too.  Redeemer has too much invested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived