Vance Joseph (1/3)

47 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We loved him when he was here. The Dolphins loved him. The Broncos love him. Either he is incredibly good at first impressions or there is something there. 

I really don’t remember any of this. 

30 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I really don’t remember any of this. 

We liked him for the position he held as the DBach coach. He did do a good job with that. I may even be willing to give him a chance as a DC.

But not as a Head Coach.

21 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Front office loved him and blocked him from interviewing for a DC position one year. The next year they left it open. He is really well thought of here. 

He had 1 year at Miami as the DC. 2 years at Denver but I can’t hold that against him since Elway keeps chasing squirrels. 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think when an assistant coach who has moved to a HC spot gets fired, it is probably best if he then goes back to a position or coordinator spot for a bit. From there, do a career re-set and figure out what worked and what did not until the next opportunity comes along. 

I don't disagree. He wouldn't be atop a list that I was making for myself. 

7 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I know. Seems like people like him. Multiple people in various places. 3 of the 32 franchises loved him

That's not a very good %.  :lol: 

How was he thought of in Houston?  I think that's where he was before he joined the Bengals.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's not a very good %.  :lol: 

How was he thought of in Houston?  I think that's where he was before he joined the Bengals.

They had a very good defense in Houston. I don’t know how much of it had to do with his skills.  The effectiveness of skill position coaches seems to be more insider info than public knowledge. I really don’t have a feel for the guy one way or the other.

His two years at Denver seemed pretty unfair. Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiller  were his QBs in 17 along with Elway’s first round bust Paxton Lynch. This year it’s $25 mil for Case Keemun with an old group of declining receivers.  Their best offensive player was an undrafted rookie RB which is further evidence Elway sucks at what he does.  

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

He had 1 year at Miami as the DC. 2 years at Denver but I can’t hold that against him since Elway keeps chasing squirrels. 

He did a pretty good job as Miami's DC (4th overall on 3rd down), that's why I'm open to him as a DC, but not HC.

Archived