2019 Draft Talk

yo check it out.

this site has us taking Grier in the second round. I love this pick. Especially over the Tannehill hype. This kid from WVU is legit.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/player/will-grier/31809/

This makes total since with taking the lineman from Florida.

If the guy from Florida is garbage like you all are saying. Could we fux with the raiders again? Trade them our #11 for their #24 and #35. Get two more lineman and Grier...

6 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

yo check it out.

this site has us taking Grier in the second round. I love this pick. Especially over the Tannehill hype. This kid from WVU is legit.

If the guy from Florida is garbage like you all are saying. Could we fux with the raiders again? Trade them our #11 for their #24 and #35. Get two more lineman and Grier...

Daniel Jeremiah calls Grier similar to Andy Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939362/article/scouting-will-grier-will-wvu-star-be-top-qb-in-2019-nfl-draft

8 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

yo check it out.

If we could get 3 years of similar play from Grier on a rookie contract it makes sense.  Goff, Mahomes, Mayfield on rookie contracts makes paying for the final pieces far easier. The Rams were built to make a Superbowl run NOW.  The six highest paid quarterbacks in the league missed the playoffs this year. Only 3 of the top 12 WRs made the playoffs.   It is foolish to overpay at one position.  BTW, we had $59mil in salary on injured reserve at the end of the season.  That is  a lot. 

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Grier is more talented.He throws a MUCH better deep ball than Andy.He also throws better on the run.He actually goes through his progressions.He also is very good at anticipating and getting the pass off before the receiver makes his break.He is flat out a gunslinger.He is also a very intense competitor.His biggest flaw...he hangs onto the ball too long trying to make things happen.Once the Senior Bowl and Combine are over,he'll rise up the draft board.No way will he be there in the 2nd round.Yes,I'm a WVU homer,but I've watched every game he's played in.He is the real deal.

5 hours ago, Sox said:

Grier is more talented.He throws a MUCH better deep ball than Andy.He also throws better on the run.He actually goes through his progressions.He also is very good at anticipating and getting the pass off before the receiver makes his break.He is flat out a gunslinger.He is also a very intense competitor.His biggest flaw...he hangs onto the ball too long trying to make things happen.Once the Senior Bowl and Combine are over,he'll rise up the draft board.No way will he be there in the 2nd round.Yes,I'm a WVU homer,but I've watched every game he's played in.He is the real deal.

Man I hope we get him.  Looking at things. We just might be in the perfect position to steal him in the 2nd. 

Seen a handful of his games. Looks like a lot of potential. 

Also I love 2nd round QB draft picks. Less pressure. If they are a bust it's only a 2nd round pick lost. 

Despite what the over-zealous fanboy says about Grier above, he is Dalton 2.0.

If he's there in the 3rd, which is definitely a possibility, you grab him..but there's no point in reaching before that to get a guy that's no different than what you already have on the roster.

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Despite what the over-zealous fanboy says about Grier above, he is Dalton 2.0.

If he's there in the 3rd, which is definitely a possibility, you grab him..but there's no point in reaching before that to get a guy that's no different than what you already have on the roster.

What I am hearing is he is a little better on the run and throws a better deep ball. But I agree he’s not high on my wishlist. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

What I am hearing is he is a little better on the run and throws a better deep ball. But I agree he’s not high on my wishlist. 

Andy was a pretty good athlete coming out and threw on the run quite a bit at TCU.....I really don't think their scouting reports coming out are going to be all that different......which is why you're gonna see the two of them compared frequently leading up to the draft

14 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

everyone is better than Dalton.. just pick one in the 7th...instant upgrade..   Amiright 

If Grier is similar but on a rookie contract it would be an upgrade depending on how they spent that extra chunk of money.  I don’t see him as a significant upgrade at QB, this is about cap management. No reason to pay a mediocre QB $16.2 mil next year. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If Grier is similar but on a rookie contract it would be an upgrade depending on how they spent that extra chunk of money.  I don’t see him as a significant upgrade at QB, this is about cap management. No reason to pay a mediocre QB $16.2 mil next year. 

2020 injury backup cash

1/2 :ninja:

seriously though.. yes I can understand if Grier played as well as Andy as a rookie it would be awesome.. I doubt it and I actually like Grier, but picking a guy that is a cheaper version of what we already have in the 2nd is kind of dumb in my opinion. Go get a guy that we want to mold in to the franchise guy and let him sit behind andy if need be.

there is a long way to go before the draft and our head coach isn't even in the fold yet (officially)

BTW.. I like Andy a lot, but I am totally fine with a new QB... let's Go 

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

2020 injury backup cash

1/2 :ninja:

seriously though.. yes I can understand if Grier played as well as Andy as a rookie it would be awesome.. I doubt it and I actually like Grier, but picking a guy that is a cheaper version of what we already have in the 2nd is kind of dumb in my opinion. Go get a guy that we want to mold in to the franchise guy and let him sit behind andy if need be.

there is a long way to go before the draft and our head coach isn't even in the fold yet (officially)

BTW.. I like Andy a lot, but I am totally fine with a new QB... let's Go 

Who else is out there that we could snab in the 3rd or later that you like?  Should we take Murray at 11 if he's there? 

I've been hearing about getting a franchise QB for 33 years now. The only one we ended up with in that time forced his way off the team.   I say F all that franchise QB noise. We just need someone that we can win with now, this season or next not 5 seasons down the line.

5 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Who else is out there that we could snab in the 3rd or later that you like?  Should we take Murray at 11 if he's there? 

I've been hearing about getting a franchise QB for 33 years now. The only one we ended up with in that time forced his way off the team.   I say F all that franchise QB noise. We just need someone that we can win with now, this season or next not 5 seasons down the line.

no.. I don't want the midget baseball player.

I didn't say there was one later... I just said picking a QB who can maybe be as good as the guy we have is a little silly

IDK.. if they can get a 1st/2nd out of Andy I would be on board

I just really don't want to have a total shit show at QB next year unless we are tanking/rebuilding.

I know Andy can win a lot if the team around him is good

I would rather spend the draft picks in the huge holes we have instead of maybe possibly upgrading our QB by having a cheaper version of the same guy. The QB class this year is very weak. Let Dalton have one year with the new coach and an improved roster and see how that goes and take a QB next year where the class appears to potentially be much stronger. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I would rather spend the draft picks in the huge holes we have instead of maybe possibly upgrading our QB by having a cheaper version of the same guy. The QB class this year is very weak. Let Dalton have one year with the new coach and an improved roster and see how that goes and take a QB next year where the class appears to potentially be much stronger. 

That is the way I see it. I would only take Grier if he made it to 3rd round.  Next year’s QB class should be pretty good.  Still, I don’t see Driskel as viable backup. Horribly inaccurate.  I think Oakland err Vegas takes Murray 

Murray will be gone before 11.

athletes like that don't come around very often...he'll instantly be one of the most dynamic players in the league from the moment the card reaches the commissioner.

and the league will protect him.

just imagine him and Saquaon Barkley in the same backfield..

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Aww you make it sound as though we should be trading up.   

We need jags to sign foles then maybe Haskins falls to #11 and gruden is wanting to trade. 

If Gruden wants Haskins or Murray, one will be available at their #4 slot.  BTW, Carr had a very good season last year considering the shit show going on in Oakland. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

If Gruden wants Haskins or Murray, one will be available at their #4 slot.  BTW, Carr had a very good season last year considering the shit show going on in Oakland. 

Right and I forget the giants need a QB too. Also ESPN is saying high chances the jags draft a QB even if they pick up foles or another vet. 

11 hours ago, fluhartz said:

no.. I don't want the midget baseball player.

I didn't say there was one later... I just said picking a QB who can maybe be as good as the guy we have is a little silly

IDK.. if they can get a 1st/2nd out of Andy I would be on board

I just really don't want to have a total shit show at QB next year unless we are tanking/rebuilding.

I know Andy can win a lot if the team around him is good

I see. 

With Driskel playing so awful as you all say. We at least have to make a move there. 

I'd be thrilled with Minshew in the 5th or later. Their are some good ones out there that will be going late. 

If we're mostly going for big uglies up front. Trading down is a must imo. Two big uglies for the price of one. Worked out great with oboogie right? Lol 

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I see. 

With Driskel playing so awful as you all say. We at least have to make a move there. 

I'd be thrilled with Minshew in the 5th or later. Their are some good ones out there that will be going late. 

If we're mostly going for big uglies up front. Trading down is a must imo. Two big uglies for the price of one. Worked out great with oboogie right? Lol 

Umm, I don’t remember us trading down in the 2015 draft. I may be wrong. 

We trade down a few slots if the 2 better OTs or Devin White are off the board.  We really don’t have much of a choice, we must draft OT or LB. The right side of the line was bad and neither of our tackles are long term solutions. 

Archived