2019 Draft Talk

33 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yeah, I know.. he was short as hell and sucked in the NFL.. good example of why not to pick him.

pretty good in the CFL though 

actually, I think flutie may have been taller than Murray

Murry is 5'11, Flutie is 5'10

36 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Murry is 5'11, Flutie is 5'10

Murray is 5’ 9-7/8” according to Oklahoma’s Athletic director who officially measured him a few months ago when some were claiming he was only 5-6 or so (Steven A Smith to be exact). Basically, same as Flutie. Flutie didn’t have anything close to his arm strength or speed though. 

Not sure why we are discussing it, the only smart move is to sign Ryan Tannehill and his wife:

tanne2.jpg

Was just picking out midget QB's, and he was as short as I could find. 

Bill Veeck once had a 3'7" midget (Eddie Gaedel) pinch hit in a St Louis Browns game. He promptly drew a walk. He retired after the inning, making him the only midget in MLB history to finish his career with a 1.000 on-base percentage.

Gaedel.jpg

GaedelEddie.jpg

Just think what Veeck could have done with Murray. 

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

Murray is 5’ 9-7/8” according to Oklahoma’s Athletic director who officially measured him a few months ago when some were claiming he was only 5-6 or so (Steven A Smith to be exact). Basically, same as Flutie. Flutie didn’t have anything close to his arm strength or speed though. 

Not sure why we are discussing it, the only smart move is to sign Ryan Tannehill and his wife:

tanne2.jpg

Well we do have to replace AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron's wife.

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Jackson from Buffalo in the 2nd. 

Bring in Tannehil to challenge Dalton for #1 during preseason. Cut the one that loses. 

So after all the public (and no doubt private) assurances that he's part of their plan for next season, you want to not only draft his replacement but then ask him to compete for his job with a mediocre street FA?  

They can trade/cut him, or they can start him.  The idea of  some QB derby at this point in his career, vs Tannehill of all people, in a critical training camp where they are trying to install an entirely new offense under an entirely new staff, is not only ridiculous but would also make the franchise FO and their shiny new HC look they are all equal parts untrustworthy & incompetent.

I understand that you hate the guy enough to convince yourself Driskell was a viable replacement, but this plan is a nonstarter. 

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So after all the public (and no doubt private) assurances that he's part of their plan for next season, you want to not only draft his replacement but then ask him to compete for his job with a mediocre street FA?  

They can trade/cut him, or they can start him.  The idea of  some QB derby at this point in his career, vs Tannehill of all people, in a critical training camp where they are trying to install an entirely new offense under an entirely new staff, is not only ridiculous but would also make the franchise FO and their shiny new HC look they are all equal parts untrustworthy & incompetent.

I understand that you hate the guy enough to convince yourself Driskell was a viable replacement, but this plan is a nonstarter. 

This is the exact right time to bring in another QB IF that is their intention. New everything to include playbook. Almost the entire coaching staff is turning over so it is hard to believe some of the roster won’t as well. 

Do I see Tannehill as an upgrade to Dalton?  Not really. I have seen him play quite a bit. Has flashes of brilliance and then he will stand in the pocket for 8 seconds and take a sack. Granted, Miami’s offensive roster was utter garbage but a veteran QB knows better than to stand around and get sacked. 11% sack percentage last year, no wonder he can’t last a season. 

I have no problem with bringing in a new QB, but I totally agree that this is not the year for a battle.  Pick a guy and ride him. 

Heck,  if they draft Murray (hope not,  but if), I'd be okay with trading Dalton and using Driskell as the bridge so you could start implementing that offense. But whatever you're going to do,  go into camp with a plan and implement it. 

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

No..since everything must be jettisoned in favor of Fresh and New..everything must go. No exceptions! :YouDontSay-min:

CIN.png11. Cincinnati Bengals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma. Let's get this party STARTED! Andy Dalton is over 30 now, so he's not going to magically become an All-Pro and he has zero dead money left on his contract. Drafting Murray and pairing him with Zac Taylor takes the stodgy old boring Bengals and makes them COOL and potentially an immediate threat to the AFC North. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-shocking-qb-selection-raiders-get-huge-haul-in-first-round/

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

If Dalton Gon be a big cry baby about being challenge for the #1 then cut his ass tomorrow. This is football not gosh dam drama club.

Your boss comes to you, a loyal longtime employee that is still under contract, and says "hey Bob I know we told you yesterday how much we appreciate and value your work and all that, but we found this wino at the bus stop who will work for pickled eggs. So what we're gonna do is have him do your job 1/2 the time and then fire one of you in 6 weeks. Good luck!"

And you, of course, are going to bust your ass for this boss proving you are better than this bum off the street, and if you get fired anyway for whatever reason, hey no hard feelings right?

Or are you some kind of pussy?

Get real, dude.

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

CIN.png11. Cincinnati Bengals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma. Let's get this party STARTED! Andy Dalton is over 30 now, so he's not going to magically become an All-Pro and he has zero dead money left on his contract. Drafting Murray and pairing him with Zac Taylor takes the stodgy old boring Bengals and makes them COOL and potentially an immediate threat to the AFC North. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-shocking-qb-selection-raiders-get-huge-haul-in-first-round/

I don't want him. Our luck is we draft him at 11 then he decides to play baseball.

24 minutes ago, Kochman said:

I don't want him. Our luck is we draft him at 11 then he decides to play baseball.

That would be awful and also hilarious.

For the record I'm fine with it if they decide to move on from AD.  It's the notion of a camp battle between him and whoever that I find very unlikely. 

Archived